• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

16 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Is it just me or is Daniel MacKay… a bit rubbish? Can’t imagine Hibs being desperate to have him back based on recent performances.

Maybe unfair to single him out, but I think he’s falling far short of expectations!

He has been very poor this season unfortunately. His form reflects that of the whole team, though.

SURELY Dodds gets the sack tonight 

17 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Is it just me or is Daniel MacKay… a bit rubbish? Can’t imagine Hibs being desperate to have him back based on recent performances.

Maybe unfair to single him out, but I think he’s falling far short of expectations!

He'd probably be more effective with a head coach who knew how to get the best out of him. He's nearly 22 now and should be in the division above getting regular football. With us he's not pushing on, just passing time and not improving. He still has a couple more years of his Hibs contract to go but I doubt he will be out on loan again next season, he'll have to be pushing for a first team start when he goes back or be released. I think its more possible he will be released and sign for a another Premiership club, maybe County or Dundee Utd and get first team football in the top flight there.

It seems, from the outside looking in, that the vast majority want change, but do you seriously think Dodds will get the heave? All jokes aside, I genuinely don’t think that the club can afford to sack him. I could be way off the mark, though.

Edited by Matty-RCFC

2 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

It seems, from the outside looking in, that the vast majority want change, but do you seriously think Dodds will get the heave? All jokes aside, I genuinely don’t think that the club can afford to sack him. I could be way off the mark, though.

He's got 4 months tops of his deal to go. How can that be expensive? 

1 minute ago, Matty-RCFC said:

No I would be shocked if he does get sacked. I’m not even sure if it’s anything to do with money either. Sack him and keep paying him until the end of the season and have Esson or someone in charge.

He will be here until the end of the season but it’s seems to have come to a tipping point with the fans now so who knows what damage they could cause by keeping him

3 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That is simply delusion on his part, yes we created some good chances but we had 20 attempts on goal. 10 off target and 8 blocked,  so 2 shots on target? 

Then it’s his usual pish of back to blaming the injuries. We had 9 players on the bench, 2 got on the pitch. What’s the point in the other 7 guys being there? Especially when one player is clearly playing through an injury

19 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

No I would be shocked if he does get sacked. I’m not even sure if it’s anything to do with money either. Sack him and keep paying him until the end of the season and have Esson or someone in charge.

He will be here until the end of the season but it’s seems to have come to a tipping point with the fans now so who knows what damage they could cause by keeping him

Totally agree. 

That article alone should get him fired though. Total nonsense 

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Nothing this season to suggest he is anything better than championship quality. Released in the summer is inevitable and signs with us on wages we probablycan't justify.  Familiarity,home life etc etc its a shoe-in.

The way things are going we could be staring part time football in the face next season just to survive. Maybe unlikely to afford MacKay or any of the players out of contract end of May and having to release a dozen others as well. Most of our highest earners contracts run out in May.

4 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

The way things are going we could be staring part time football in the face next season just to survive. Maybe unlikely to afford MacKay or any of the players out of contract end of May and having to release a dozen others as well. Most of our highest earners contracts run out in May.

The total disconnect between club and fans not helping either. It's driving folk away. Never heard so many say they've had enough and not renewing STs. 

It's like a vicious circle