"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

One of them will be the English striker. I’ve been given a name but he only signed for a club last month so if it’s him I guess he’s been released from them already. 

na5j4OfWDvsW.gif

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

They could wear a string vest and a pink tutu as far as I'm concerned, it's what's inside the shirt that counts and if he can play or not.

Dreaming, dreaming is free 

images (2).jpeg

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

One of them will be the English striker. I’ve been given a name but he only signed for a club last month so if it’s him I guess he’s been released from them already. 

Dearie me, trialling rejects?

44 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Has the Lafferty rumours gone away?

Apparently he was offered a deal and agreed to sign but then I think he came back wanting more money. 

That’s come from someone related to a player.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Apparently he was offered a deal and agreed to sign but then I think he came back wanting more money. 

He won't get a regular game in the Premiership now so is either going to have to settle for the wages that Championship clubs can offer or go somewhere else like Northern Ireland or the non leagues in England. He had a bit of an Indian Summer at Kilmarnock but his track record for appearances since the mid 2010's is poor and if we had signed him on the highest wages at the club he would probably only start 8 to 10 games with little return and get released in January. No investment and a complete waste of money.

Edited by approximately dave

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Any truth in him being ready to put pen to paper then being pissed off that Billy McKay was getting paid more when he signed his new deal? Not that I'm bothered, if we only get to have one of them it's no choice at all

50 minutes ago, Jarballs said:

Any truth in him being ready to put pen to paper then being pissed off that Billy McKay was getting paid more when he signed his new deal? Not that I'm bothered, if we only get to have one of them it's no choice at all

I don’t think the 2 deals were linked in any way. 

Played for the Sellick B outfit in the LL last season. Got some good reviews. Presumably that's why they're railroading Old Squirm B teams into the system: so that their players can earn a transfer to ICT.

Apparently Tom Walsh was interviewed on Sportsound this PM where he essentially confirmed that he had left the club. I'd say I'm shocked that the club didn't keep us up to date but...

I was impressed with Thompson today having not seen much of him. I have to say the striker on trial didn’t impress me with his positioning or effort but we’ll see how he gets on against Nairn. Finally, although he’s been consistent I have a suspicion without Deas and Broadfoot next to him we might see the old Devine return.

Standard pre season match.

2 minutes ago, RiG said:

Apparently Tom Walsh was interviewed on Sportsound this PM where he essentially confirmed that he had left the club. I'd say I'm shocked that the club didn't keep us up to date but...

He was and the ligament repair last year didn't work enough for him to return to the sport so he's has further multi ligament surgery in Manchester.

Such a shame for the young man. I hope things turnout well for him.

We had mid half drinks breaks today due to the heat. I expect this to be a continuing theme throughout the season.

Doran opened the season with a cool lobbed finish and Samuels got two goals before he and most of the starters  completed their labours after 45 minutes.

Charlie Gilmour looked tidy in the recently vacated midfield space and Robbie Thomson caught my eye.

Billy Mckay did what Billy Mckay does in the second half.

We had a towering striker listed as a trialist. He looked a bit raw but did have a tap in denied to him by what looked like a dodgy offside flag.

Roddy Macgregor looks like he's raring to go and was extremely energetic.

On the evidence of today alone, I forecast a relatively straightforward league canter.

5 minutes ago, sophia said:

I see a post on on our local website for local people that contains the words "a sign of how far we have fallen"

Our last competitive fixture was The Scottish Cup Final.

Every fixture against the Elgin rodents (ft. Ross Draper) is a competitive one.