"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

I have been told a fair number of the players don’t like Dodds, with some wanting him gone. This is from a very good source. 

Apparently he also refused to manage the team in the final if he wasn’t given a new contract, I am unsure of the source on this one. He signed the new deal on either the day of the final or the day prior IIRC. 

This might not be news to some of the Dodds Out fans.

That is quite blatantly a b*****disation of John Robertson saying he wouldn’t go to the final if the players didn’t want him to (on the back of him being a bad omen).  Football players are a ridiculously superstitious bunch.  

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

21 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

I have been told a fair number of the players don’t like Dodds, with some wanting him gone. This is from a very good source. 

I was out at an Inverness pub a few months ago and quite a lot of the Caley players were in. They were quite vocal about not liking Dodds and wanting him gone.

Edit: mind you, who isn't vocal if they don't like their management? 

Edited by yoda

19 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Am I reading your post right? Dodds refused to manage the team on cup final day over his contract?? shocking if true and no more than holding the board to ransom, what a scurrilous little shit he is and it sounds as if the board were willing to get rid of him after that game until he blackmailed them.

The majority of us want to see the back of him as proven by that survey on CTO and all the adverse posts on here.

I have never known such negativity surrounding the team.

Sadly I'm hearing that ST sales are down no doubt down to him

I haven't renewed this year and won't till he's left the club

12 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

I haven't renewed this year and won't till he's left the club

Same.  I'll happily renew and give the club some of my money, but not until he's away.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

The players and fans may hate him, we play shite football and finished 6th in the championship but he coached us to a 3-1 defeat against Celtic. Can’t believe everyone is forgetting that.

A tactical masterclass nonetheless. 

Line about Billy Dodds threatening to not manage in the Cup Final is absolutely wild. Sounds like absolute bollocks of course but clearly someone is spreading that story.

I was going to make the argument that only a complete fucking moron would waste an opportunity to manage in such a high-profile match but then I remembered we are discussing Billy Dodds.

Interesting thread on CTO entitled, 'What are you going to do' and worth a read as the general consensus is that the club as we already know is in decline under the present management with the board seemingly willing to let the slide continue towards part time, the communication with the fans is at an all time low and ST renewals are not being taken up, interestingly a couple of posts mentioned that in the past the club would have contacted a fan asking why no renewal, this year nothing which highlights the ignorant manner in which the board and club fails to acknowledge fans.

Have a look as normally the CTO posters have been loyal and very diplomatic towards the club but it now appears that trust and loyalty has gone.

22 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Line about Billy Dodds threatening to not manage in the Cup Final is absolutely wild. Sounds like absolute bollocks of course but clearly someone is spreading that story.

I was going to make the argument that only a complete fucking moron would waste an opportunity to manage in such a high-profile match but then I remembered we are discussing Billy Dodds.

Of course it is, it was red meat thrown down and Pavlov's dogs circled, certainly salivating, probably drooling too, wishing it were true

5 hours ago, sophia said:

Of course it is, it was red meat thrown down and Pavlov's dogs circled, certainly salivating, probably drooling too, wishing it were true

Better to hold out hope for some cracks appearing in this arrangement than being stuck forever with Pavlov's Dodds: a man who slavers everywhere every time he hears a flute

10 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Interesting thread on CTO entitled, 'What are you going to do' and worth a read as the general consensus is that the club as we already know is in decline under the present management with the board seemingly willing to let the slide continue towards part time, the communication with the fans is at an all time low and ST renewals are not being taken up, interestingly a couple of posts mentioned that in the past the club would have contacted a fan asking why no renewal, this year nothing which highlights the ignorant manner in which the board and club fails to acknowledge fans.

Have a look as normally the CTO posters have been loyal and very diplomatic towards the club but it now appears that trust and loyalty has gone.

I can’t attest to others’ experiences however the club phoned me and asked if I was renewing, before placing my seat on hold for another few weeks They couldn’t have been more helpful.

9 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Better to hold out hope for some cracks appearing in this arrangement than being stuck forever with Pavlov's Dodds: a man who slavers everywhere every time he hears a flute

Charlie Mulgrew was always a non starter when you consider his playing career and having Patrick for a middle name.

13 hours ago, scottbamby said:

I can’t attest to others’ experiences however the club phoned me and asked if I was renewing, before placing my seat on hold for another few weeks They couldn’t have been more helpful.

You must be special as they've not phoned anyone I know...

15 hours ago, lochnesscaley said:

You must be special as they've not phoned anyone I know...

Include me in that.

On the subject of non communication I'm all for the Supporters Trust who seem to do a good job in profiling the team but I see on their website that the last sit down they had with the club was in September last year, the Trust has also produced an excellent insightful survey which they have presented to the club so hopefully the response will be positive for the fans though I'm not holding my breath on it..............................................................................