"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

17 hours ago, sophia said:

Last season's team was good enough, it just didn't have strength in depth and when I say depth, that would have required to be deep indeed to counteract what was the cold reality of that time.

We lost Deas, I've acknowledged that and previously we lost Broadfoot. Thems the breaks when we have the crowds we have and vocal contributors who are sitting on their hands rather than laying down their money do the square root of zero to improve that matter. If you want to use the hyperbolic "massive" that's entirely a matter for you but for now I'm sure we can agree that far from stepping up as you might expect following our June day in the sun, our remaining defenders have made a giant and embarrassing fail of their opportunity. 

It seems to me we are in general agreement or perhaps I'm being delusional 

- last season’s team wasn’t good enough

- losing Deas has been a massive downgrade to our defence, and that’s not hyperbole

- we’re not in general agreement 

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We are being linked, through the Fly on the Wall twitter account, with Jack Sanders on loan from Killie.

Somewhat inevitably, he was on loan at Cove Rangers last season.

IIRC he was dreadful against us, even though he scored.

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

We are being linked, through the Fly on the Wall twitter account, with Jack Sanders on loan from Killie.

Somewhat inevitably, he was on loan at Cove Rangers last season.

I remember in the first game we played them in Aberdeen last season when George Oakley came on as a sub the two of them were more interested in wrestling each other than playing football :lol:

47 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just been thinking about it and it would be so on brand for this board to sack Dodds the day after the transfer window closes 

Apparently if this happens Callum Davidson is gonna be the man to replace him 🤔 but this is obviously just rumours. It kind of makes senses though he's just been managing in Perth which isn't TOO far down South. I don't think he wants to be a gameday pundit on Sportsound for too long so I reckon he'll be keen if offered the job.

But we'll wait and see what happens on Saturday 

Been hearing about Dodds being on thin ice myself found it hard to believe at first but I've heard enough it times the past week to kind of believe it now. 

I'm a bit torn on it to be honest I don't think he deserves all the crictism  and abuse he's been getting from fans its been a bit much in my opinion  

Aye his questionable tactics and man management skills have held us back at times and he deserves crictism for that but its not all his fault its the board as well. 

Do you think he wants to be signing players like Lodovica and Louis Longstaff? he's picking the best out of a bad bunch with the budget we have.

Even if we can afford players that are genuinely title contention material trying to convince them to move up here is a totally different kettle of fish made even harder by the fact we're getting slightly worse every season finishing lower in the league not very appealing. 

As the saying goes you can only piss with the cock you got but I think Dodds has tried his best and he needs to go for the sake of his sanity if anything. Fans have turned on him and so have the players by the looks of things.... 

Edited by Supercaleyman94

3 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Been hearing about Dodds being on thin ice myself found it hard to believe at first but I've heard enough it times the past week to kind of believe it now. 

I'm a bit torn on it to be honest I don't think he deserves all the crictism  and abuse he's been getting from fans its been a bit much I'm my opinion  

Aye his questionable tactics and man management skills have held us back at times and he deserves  crictism for that but its not all his fault its the board as well. 

Do you think he wants to be signing players like Lodovica and Louis Longstaff? he's picking the best out of a bad bunch with the budget we have. Even if we can afford some players that are genuinely title contention material trying to convince to move up here is a total different kettle of fish made Even harder by the fact we're getting slightly worse every season finishing lower in the league. 

As the saying goes you can only piss with the cock you got but I think Dodds has tried his best and he needs to go for the sake of his sanity if anything. Fans have turned on him and so have the players by the looks of things.... 

He has been well backed, by our standards, for the previous 2 seasons and made a complete and utter c**t of recruitment and performances during the league campaigns. This isn’t just about this season.

Edited by PB1994

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

He has been well backed for the previous 2 seasons and made a complete and utter c**t of recruitment and performances during the league campaigns. This isn’t just about this season.

Aye, it was unforgivable that we didn't go up in 21-22 with the squad we had. That's on him. 

Yeap, the squad for both seasons in charge was capable of challenging for the title and both times we have failed miserably.

Enough people were pissed off at him getting a new contract that he was never going to have time to get results together this year.

8 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

- last season’s team wasn’t good enough

Last season's first eleven proved themselves very capable indeed. Did you miss the end of season run in and a Scottish Cup Final?

- losing Deas has been a massive downgrade to our defence, and that’s not hyperbole

Deas started only 50% of our league games last season and as irritating as it is to lose a good player, our keeper and the other regular defensive starters remain. We don't have access to the calibre of player that Deas has now become in the left sided centre back position so I'm not really sure where the massive disparity in views would be.

- we’re not in general agreement 

Perhaps not but that would be because I'm right.

3 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

I'm a bit torn on it to be honest I don't think he deserves all the crictism  and abuse he's been getting from fans its been a bit much in my opinion  

Aye his questionable tactics and man management skills have held us back at times and he deserves crictism for that but its not all his fault its the board as well. 

Do you think he wants to be signing players like Lodovica and Louis Longstaff? he's picking the best out of a bad bunch with the budget we have.

Even if we can afford players that are genuinely title contention material trying to convince them to move up here is a totally different kettle of fish made even harder by the fact we're getting slightly worse every season finishing lower in the league not very appealing. 

A paradox of contradiction.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

He has been well backed, by our standards, for the previous 2 seasons and made a complete and utter c**t of recruitment and performances during the league campaigns. This isn’t just about this season.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Aye, it was unforgivable that we didn't go up in 21-22 with the squad we had. That's on him. 

I am not contesting any of your views but aren’t they slightly contradictory? which @sophia has alluded to.

The squad was factually not good enough to win the title or reach the play offs under Robertson or McCann in 2020/2021. (5th place)

The next season, Dodds’ recruitment was apparently terrible.

How does a squad that is factually NOT good enough….sign more players that are NOT good enough….suddenly become good enough?? 

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

I am not contesting any of your views but aren’t they slightly contradictory? which @sophia has alluded to.

The squad was factually not good enough to win the title or reach the play offs under Robertson or McCann in 2020/2021. (5th place)

The next season, Dodds’ recruitment was apparently terrible.

How does a squad that is factually NOT good enough….sign more players that are NOT good enough….suddenly become good enough?? 

You do realise different people can have different opinions on a subject? 

9 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

The overall standard of the league dropped considerably for the last 2 years. He has made some good signings since being in charge but when you look at it overall his record is incredibly poor.

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

The overall standard of the league dropped considerably for the last 2 years. He has made some good signings since being in charge but when you look at it overall his record is incredibly poor.

Thing is that the fans are not fools as some in football would like to think, many fans have either played or spectated well before many coaches and know shite when they see it.

ICT presently, financially or otherwise, is being run into the ground and we all know that eventually the culprits responsible will slope off while we remain.