"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

On 01/09/2023 at 22:48, Stephen Malkmus said:

Yep. Robertson hasn't noticed that we need an experienced defender as he is constantly watching Ross County rather than the club he is employed by. The reason we're signing randoms from the Bush League is because watching a Youtube compilation video sent across by an agent can be done while he's enjoying Uncle Roy's red squirrel pies at half time.

Having said that, I hope this lad does well as his Coldplay soundtracked Youtube compilation brought a tear to my eye.

He has a bit of the Lee Wilkie about him. 

• Replies 17.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Thought Boyes and Anderson made a difference yesterday.Thought Gilmour had a good game as well. Definitely looked better in a 3 man midfield. 

Not convinced Brooks is ready physically to play through the centre yet. Would like to see him of the left. 

Some positives then.

We didn't lose, which is better than losing.

Seems like Anderson and Boyes performed well, I've seen a lot of praise for Anderson.

We've got two weeks until our next league game, maybe we will see Sean Welsh back by that point.

The Ujdurasaurus Rex will be in the country soon and will turn out to be a glorious under the radar signing.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The Ujdurasaurus Rex will be in the country soon and will turn out to be a glorious under the radar signing.

He might, but as mentioned before Brexit has made work permits an absolute lottery. It wouldn't surprise me if you're waiting a while before he's in a squad.

Also, the upside is your next league game is against us. We've just won our first game at East End Park in a decade, and scored two late goals to overcome Queens Park, but I'm sure any Rovers fan will agree that our game against Caley at Starks is the proper acid test of whether we're a "different animal this season" like Murray says.

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

He might, but as mentioned before Brexit has made work permits an absolute lottery. It wouldn't surprise me if you're waiting a while before he's in a squad.

Also, the upside is your next league game is against us. We've just won our first game at East End Park in a decade, and scored two late goals to overcome Queens Park, but I'm sure any Rovers fan will agree that our game against Caley at Starks is the proper acid test of whether we're a "different animal this season" like Murray says.

There is also all sorts of financial burning hoops to jump through.

The health surcharge, eg, is hundreds of pounds per Year.

Having said that there are Australians playing presently and over the years there have been plenty in Scotland.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

There is also all sorts of financial burning hoops to jump through.

The health surcharge, eg, is hundreds of pounds per Year.

Having said that there are Australians playing presently and over the years there have been plenty in Scotland.

Honestly, a lot of it makes no sense. Ciftci played for years in Scotland, and was going to go to Morton only for the SFA to not provide an exemption.

4 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Honestly, a lot of it makes no sense. Ciftci played for years in Scotland, and was going to go to Morton only for the SFA to not provide an exemption.

Without the £624 annual surcharge a sportsman, with no club heath insurance or say they had an accident outwith their sport, can be charged up to 150% of the NHS costs in treatment.

I know that there is also a tax free £8000 relocation allowance for businesses, a clever bean counter could build that into accounts somehow for an individual.

It's all swings and roundabouts.

6 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Some positives then.

We didn't lose, which is better than losing.

Seems like Anderson and Boyes performed well, I've seen a lot of praise for Anderson.

We've got two weeks until our next league game, maybe we will see Sean Welsh back by that point.

Plus, it's the Rovers, just in time to take the first of our customary drubbings and keep Dodds in his job...

It's the same as those who buy into Land Rover/Jaguar vehicles which are continually riddled with problems and faults from day one but nobody complains to their mates and neighbours as they don't want to be embarrassed into admitting they made a mistake and have a dud on their hands which is costing.

15 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Heard from a very good source today that there’s an acceptance at board level that we will be a part time club very soon.

True or not its about time these Rangers fans on the board and on the coaching staff got their jotters.

Maybe this whole decline is revenge for their club going bust and us not letting them back into the SPL?

6 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

True or not its about time these Rangers fans on the board and on the coaching staff got their jotters.

Maybe this whole decline is revenge for their club going bust and us not letting them back into the SPL?

😂😂😂 fucking hell.