"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Do hope so.

Raith fans are generally a sound lot, but that rocket Stardog must have been smoking melted astroturf because he has ideas that Kirkcaldy is really New York…

You just know he's just started masturbating and his face is breaking out in plukes with his mother complaining about the sticky sheets for the wash and his Dad asking him why he spends so much time in the toilet.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Stardog_champion said:

Is it aye, awfy wee just like Brechin, get right behind your most hated village team. Get doon. 

After County finish fuckin your team over big time, and it'll be a fuckin joy to watch, you'll be in fuckin bits crying in your Mams arms, what a fuckin embarrassment.

Oh and btw when we come back up to the championship in maybe five years time or whatever your team will still be there and you'll still be a lonely wee masturbator..

Edited by SandyCromarty

Literally nothing from the club to even acknowledge we’ve been relegated. The rumour is the announcements will begin tomorrow. Gardiner leaving is highly likely, also Ferguson most likely will be off. Depending on the boardroom plays I hear administration is a possibility, but who really knows.

6 hours ago, CALEDONIAN108 said:

😂 Walking away is the ICT way 😂

You need to grow up and grow out of your resentment.

It's been thirty years and you still carry that, most like you have sadly passed on or resigned themselves that at last we had an Inverness team in senior Scottish football, something that Caledonian or Thistle could never have achieved that on their own.

And talking of achievements Caley Thistle in their short thirty years and outside of League successes we have won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe and been in another Scottish Cup Final and a League Cup Final, never in your wildest dreams could the old Caledonian and Thistle have achieved that.

We may be in the doldrums right now, and gloat all you want, but we will be back, stronger than ever with a young fanbase that know little of the two older clubs.

Greet all you want but we've moved on.

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Literally nothing from the club to even acknowledge we’ve been relegated. The rumour is the announcements will begin tomorrow. Gardiner leaving is highly likely, also Ferguson most likely will be off. Depending on the boardroom plays I hear administration is a possibility, but who really knows.

They should put the ICTP&BSC in charge. I'll take over the Panos Thomas role of turning up on a Saturday afternoon for a good feed while pretending to be a doctor.

48 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You need to grow up and grow out of your resentment.

It's been thirty years and you still carry that, most like you have sadly passed on or resigned themselves that at last we had an Inverness team in senior Scottish football, something that Caledonian or Thistle could never have achieved that on their own.

And talking of achievements Caley Thistle in their short thirty years and outside of League successes we have won the Scottish Cup, played in Europe and been in another Scottish Cup Final and a League Cup Final, never in your wildest dreams could the old Caledonian and Thistle have achieved that.

We may be in the doldrums right now, and gloat all you want, but we will be back, stronger than ever with a young fanbase that know little of the two older clubs.

Greet all you want but we've moved on.

😂 wow even I never saw a mammoth meltdown coming on this scale 😂
Sandra you alway were and obviously still are a complete bellend.

I will leave you to continue greeting but I will be back when administration/liquidation happens and from what I’m hearing it won’t be too long so speak again soon 🥹

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

After County finish fuckin your team over big time, and it'll be a fuckin joy to watch, you'll be in fuckin bits crying in your Mams arms, what a fuckin embarrassment.

Oh and btw when we come back up to the championship in maybe five years time or whatever your team will still be there and you'll still be a lonely wee masturbator..

Hahahaha Sunday meltdown my oh my 

Meltdown's aside the Courier are reporting that a board meeting is to be held tomorrow (Monday) to discuss the way forward so I guess it's what this space and await the exodus of Gardiner, Ferguson, and several players who have release clauses or are not going to be offered new deals. 

Hopefully administration isn't an option and the clowns who brought this about are given their jotters.

Mind this is coming from a county fan so if we're a Caley fan I'd be worried very worried. 

15 hours ago, VictorOnopko said:

Yeah, get these ICTers telt. Morton would never have allowed themselves to be run at a huge loss year after year (with nothing whatsoever to show for it). You clearly knew all along that your sweetie tycoon would agree to write off £2.5m of debt, allowing you to continue as a going concern. Nothing to see here.

I like Caley Thistle and I hope they are back in the Championship sooner rather than later.

Must we do this every time a Morton fan dares to state a fact about another club, when Morton aren't even the topic of discussion?

No one disputes, or disputed at the time, that Morton were bankrolled for 20 years. The point being responded to there was someone saying they didn't think ICT were spending too much on players or living outwith their means, when in reality they clearly weren't sustainable at any point over their seven seasons in the Championship. That's akin to someone claiming 5/10/15 years ago that they didn't think Morton were spending more than they could afford - it's just obviously not true.

Feel for the ICT followers as it seems that there is a lot of uncertainty as to whats happening next. I hope your club regroups and can push back up quickly. Loved trips to Inverness, more so when you added roofed seating and I wasn't getting battered by the rain during our inevitable defeats of seasons past. 

Board meeting today apparently so lets see what comes out of that regarding positions of managerial team, boardroom and finances - if anything at all. We need to get clarity on what direction for building a squad as we have only 6 or 7 signed up for next season - will we remain FT, go P/T or be a hybrid for some players. Lots to ponder.

For fans of some other clubs looking in and commenting on over-spending and finances - maybe the club (individuals) have mis-managed and relied on bail outs however its doubtful there are many (if any) clubs in Scotland self sufficient and not reliant on benefactors. At least we have had some good times and great days - national cup finals including a trophy, top tier football and a Euro adventure for it, plenty other clubs have over-spent and remained in obscurity achieving little other than survival over the same period with next to nothing for their fans to enjoy.

Now its time to draw a line, stabilise, regroup and develop a clear strategy for progressing and development with survival of the club being first point of focus.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

Must we do this every time a Morton fan dares to state a fact about another club, when Morton aren't even the topic of discussion?

No one disputes, or disputed at the time, that Morton were bankrolled for 20 years. The point being responded to there was someone saying they didn't think ICT were spending too much on players or living outwith their means, when in reality they clearly weren't sustainable at any point over their seven seasons in the Championship. That's akin to someone claiming 5/10/15 years ago that they didn't think Morton were spending more than they could afford - it's just obviously not true.

This is a fair point - but the gloating was actually in response to a QP fan asking what the hell was going on in Inverness. What I objected to before was the gleeful mockery and derision of a struggling, now-relegated team.  Last year someone else started a risible (and in the end unintentionally hilarious) "Partick Thistle Liquidation" thread.  I get that it's banter of a sort, but the commonality is that it often seems to be Morton fans who come out with this sort of thing, and who are particularly obsessed with point-scoring over other clubs.

Have ICT overspent? Yes.  Are they in big trouble? Yes, it looks like administration is quite likely.  Have many (most?) other diddy clubs also been financially unstable and propped up unsustainably in recent years, including Morton (and Thistle)? Yup. Would Scottish football somehow be better off if ICT went bust? No. Is there any self-awareness whatsoever in slagging off another team for what your own club only very recently stopped doing, just in time and mainly because your chief creditor wrote off a huge pile of debt? No, there certainly isn't.

TL/DR:  The aggressive gravedancing stuff is cringeworthy and baffling.

Relegation clauses (if there are any) aside, we appear to have very few players signed up for next season. McKay, Gilmour, Longstaff, Nicolson, Ujdur, Davidson, Brooks and (maybe?) Savage. I’m unaware of the contracts the likes of Keith Bray, Robbie Thompson and Ethan Cairns are on.

I wouldn’t be keeping Longstaff or Davidson, and it’s time to move on from Billy. 

Harper and Shaw are obviously gone, but aside from them, I’d only keep Roddy. All of this depends on our status as a full-time, part-time or potentially hybrid club. However, it would be good to see us build around a young core of McGregor, Bray, Brooks and the like.

Devine also has a year extension apparently triggered by games played. Billy wanting to stay is positive. Him brooks and Ujdar, I think are quality enough players where we can challenge for league 1 and keep the budget low, and use a lot of our young players.

But the outcome of the board meeting is worrying. And don't want to speculate further till then. Just hope the young guys aren't automatically released. There's a pathway to moving to some form of fan ownership. And Gardiner/Ferguson are gone by the end of the day.

It is obviously all dependant on what is decided at Board level and if the players under contract want to stay or not but having Devine and Udjur in defence, Mckay and Brooks up front and Gilmour in midfield it is the basis of a good team. Nicolson at left back, if he is fit again, Bray and Cairns should be given a shot at this level too as they all have potential to be good players. I can't see Roddy staying but again who is going to take him? He's been out for the best part of 2 years now.

The main thing is getting Ferguson and Gardiner out of the door as quickly as possible.

I’d keep Devine based on the knowledge he’s allegedly on quite a low wage due to wanting to stay in the area with his girlfriend I believe. I’d be surprised if Roddy has any offers to be honest. He’s shown he has the talent to play at the top end of the Championship but with his lack of game time and injury record he’ll be short of options. A season in League One where he’ll be one of the best talents in the league could prove fruitful for him.