"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Robbo when manager mentioned that getting players to move young family up here was impossible but this seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.  I've no idea what they have tried and presummably failed to do before that it has come to this.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

Just now, Wacky said:

Yeah! Withholding money from the cash strapped club you support will help eh? Your club is trying something a bit different to try and attract players who can help them climb the leagues, what about backing your team to see if it works out for the greater good? It may not be forever, but withholding money from your club definitely won’t help. 

Are you really Harpo Marx?

This close season will have to go some distance to come up with a more bat shite mental idea.

I’ve seen some tinpot stuff in Scottish football but this is genuinely up there. Honestly feel so bad for you guys and the rest of your your fans, your board are an absolute disaster by the looks of it.

4 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

This has Gardiners brown broagy tassled cunty footprints all fucking over it

It really does.  

A few weeks ago, we took one of our residents to watch Ross County train.   This is a guy in his 80s who had supported the team all his life.  The manager and the players came over to speak to him and he had a whale of a time.  Inverness are losing part of their identity by doing this.  They’re also handing the keys to the Highland Academy over to County officially.   

This absolutely has the hallmarks of the weirdo CEO who seems utterly removed from the community.  

Can’t wait for them to break the news to the next young lad that breaks into the first team squad.

“Well done, insert young local born player, we want you to train with the first team. Good luck travelling to Kelty every day btw.”

2 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Robbo when manager mentioned that getting players to move young family up here was impossible but this seems like a sledgehammer to crack a nut.  I've no idea what they have tried and presummably failed to do before that it has come to this.

County have the same issue but overcome it by offering an extra 10% and playing very soft when it comes to transfers.  

There’s absolutely no reason you can’t get players to move here.  

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you really Harpo Marx?

This close season will have to go some distance to come up with a more bat shite mental idea.

Hey! You guys stop putting money into your club then what do you think will happen? I bet you guys that withhold money from your club whinge the loudest when the club cease to exist 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

County have the same issue but overcome it by offering an extra 10% and playing very soft when it comes to transfers.  

There’s absolutely no reason you can’t get players to move here.  

And presumably Caley were able to get players to move up the last time they were in League One/Division 2, why can't they do that now?

7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

What if you are a Caley player, signed for next season, with a house in Inverness? 

County will take em if they are any good.  Which they aren’t.  So Elgin will.  

On 19/05/2024 at 12:25, virginton said:

I thought Inverness couldn't lose any more dignity, but here we are. 

893143013_tenor(11).gif.78ad8bcc28953bb00259bc09f00f2663.gif

Time to demote Inverness back to village status too, now that their own football club admits that they literally can't pay people enough to live there. 

Agent "Alright son, I got you an offer from Inverness".

Player "You're 'Avin a laugh ain't ya?"

Agent "Hear me out son, they train in Kelty."

Player "That's different, why didn't ya say so?"

This is a club who has a director willing to pay Big Dunc £5k a week btw and we are howling and moaning in floods of tears because we won’t give players an extra few hundred a week.

We are a joke of a club.

3 minutes ago, Wacky said:

Hey! You guys stop putting money into your club then what do you think will happen? I bet you guys that withhold money from your club whinge the loudest when the club cease to exist 

I'm neutrally pointing and laughing.

Just now, PB1994 said:

This is a club who has a director willing to pay Big Dunc £5k a week btw and we are howling and moaning in floods of tears because we won’t give players an extra few hundred a week.

We are a joke of a club.

I don’t see any way back for Gardner from this.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

County will take em if they are any good.  Which they aren’t.  So Elgin will.  

Any idea how many there are signed for next season? I immediately thought there surely aren’t any 

Just now, Savage Henry said:

I don’t see any way back for Gardner from this.  

In all seriousness though, how does he lose his job? Morrison loves him and they are both clearly narcissists who think they are doing a brilliant job and all of the fans are complete morons for disagreeing.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

plus the option of bringing in an ex player who still lives locally cuts out the likes of relocation and other expenses, in our present financial situation to bring in a central belt based manager whose family would not make the move up here would be costly with his agent cutting all sorts of deals for travel etc.

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Crazy and only demonstrates detachment from Inverness.

So the team and team management personnel are going to bus up here every second Saturday morning for a home game?

You agree with location being a costly barrier. 

Solution is a bit extreme though.