• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

Any idea how many there are signed for next season? I immediately thought there surely aren’t any 

No idea.  The impression I have had is that Ross Jack works with all the “local lads” whereas Ferguson spends two hours a day with the first team, another two hours in the gym and the rest of the time as far away from Inverness as possible. 

My guess is that before long Ross Jack is the manager and ICT are fielding a side full of local young players.  

Just now, CountyinBorders said:

And presumably Caley were able to get players to move up the last time they were in League One/Division 2, why can't they do that now?

There's a massive change in the circumstances at play here for Caley now.  On the way up, many years ago, Caley were finically backed, housing was easier to get and they could swallow these extra costs.  Also there was momentum in their push up the leagues made them more attractive club to sign for (especially over us). 

That's all gone now, and the challenges they face are harder due to their current financial status and recent issues.

It's been mentioned here and on other forums that Inverness, as a City, doesn't deserve a football team due to the (at times) lacklustre support they get...I think now it's very difficult to argue that the current board/club deserves any backing from the City every again.

Popped in to see the reaction to this after seeing it on twitter and it's pretty much what I'd expected. 

A terrible, terrible idea on so any levels:
- Disconnect from the community
- Giving advantage to your local rivals over academy level players
- Financing a direct competitor
- Picking fucking Kelty as your hub, not exactly likely to entice anyone any more than Inverness.

I'm sorry you have to suffer that absolute dickhead Gardiner.

Pars went into the 1st division and we reported frightening losses, ICT are admitting they are cash strapped and trying out something to help them move forward, players not wanting the expense of moves north for the possibility of being in a job for a year or two makes perfect sense to me, but clearly not the fans of ITC. 
I think if my club was skint and going backwards I’d be prepared to try anything to help it fight for its life, I have in the past and would again, and that would mean me still buying my season ticket at the very least. You’ll end up with the club your attitude will deserve if you don’t help stop the rot. 
Best of luck to you either way

Just now, Wacky said:

Pars went into the 1st division and we reported frightening losses, ICT are admitting they are cash strapped and trying out something to help them move forward, players not wanting the expense of moves north for the possibility of being in a job for a year or two makes perfect sense to me, but clearly not the fans of ITC. 
I think if my club was skint and going backwards I’d be prepared to try anything to help it fight for its life, I have in the past and would again, and that would mean me still buying my season ticket at the very least. You’ll end up with the club your attitude will deserve if you don’t help stop the rot. 
Best of luck to you either way

How does it stop the rot if they continue to finance the idiots dragging them down?

1 minute ago, Mackie The Staggie said:

There's a massive change in the circumstances at play here for Caley now.  On the way up, many years ago, Caley were finically backed, housing was easier to get and they could swallow these extra costs.  Also there was momentum in their push up the leagues made them more attractive club to sign for (especially over us). 

That's all gone now, and the challenges they face are harder due to their current financial status and recent issues.

It's been mentioned here and on other forums that Inverness, as a City, doesn't deserve a football team due to the (at times) lacklustre support they get...I think now it's very difficult to argue that the current board/club deserves any backing from the City every again.

Caley are still backed though.   Their 27 English based loanees aren’t playing for free.  

I did say in an earlier post you'd get to see the bright lights of Kelty next season but not like this , anyway the money should maybe fund a couple of signings for the season ahead so thanks for that and just to give you a heads up we have a brand new Co-op in Kelty now n that's about it 😂😂👍👍

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

No idea.  The impression I have had is that Ross Jack works with all the “local lads” whereas Ferguson spends two hours a day with the first team, another two hours in the gym and the rest of the time as far away from Inverness as possible. 

I have no idea who Ross Jack is, not sure if that’s more telling of me or the clubs communication 

Just now, bunglebonce said:

It was rumoured before, but I can easily see Ridgers joining County now.

Great.  Another downside to this nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm neutrally pointing and laughing.

Pars fans have been here neebs, it’s one of the worst feelings ever when you see the club you’ve supported forever almost collapse and vanish. 
I wouldn’t wish it on any other team or group of fans that are prepared to try and fight for their club, but if folks think withholding their cash will help them, then good luck with that. 

5 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

I did say in an earlier post you'd get to see the bright lights of Kelty next season but not like this , anyway the money should maybe fund a couple of signings for the season ahead so thanks for that and just to give you a heads up we have a brand new Co-op in Kelty now n that's about it 😂😂👍👍

Do you still have pyramids?

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

Pars fans have been here neebs, it’s one of the worst feelings ever when you see the club you’ve supported forever almost collapse and vanish. 
I wouldn’t wish it on any other team or group of fans that are prepared to try and fight for their club, but if folks think withholding their cash will help them, then good luck with that. 

Did you have a CEO on an £80k a year salary at the time? Witholding funds is a bargaining position until the other dunces on the board see a bit of sense and sack him.

Genuine question to any Stranraer or QotS (or indeed any other club in a similar boat) fans skimming through:

Does it make that much of a difference?

I know Dumfries/Stranraer to Glasgow is completely different from Inverness to *checks notes* Kelty, but generally interested about the premise, more than choice or execution of what seems quite a bizarre choice over somewhere like Stirling or Perth.

If I were a current ICT player, and was contracted to the club for next year, and lived in or near Inverness, I wouldn't be all that pleased at having my commute extended by a 250 mile round trip.