"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

There's a new podcast out which features former ICT player Mark Ridgers who gives us his view on last season, the current financial predicament and that planned move to Kelty. Also on the pod is Kieran Maguire of The Price of Football fame to pour over our financials. Enjoy!

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

12 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I’m pretty certain that players have to tell their current club before they sign a pre-contract 

They dont. Theoretically their new club is supposed to tell the old one they are speaking to them but in practice that very rarely happens, especially if the season is already over in practice. They'll usually tell you if they are signing someone months ahead of season end. 

Just now, RiG said:

Only listened to about half of it and also thought the same. Howling at the line about Mike Edwards editing his own Wiki page :lol:

A lovely dig there from Moff.

14 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You would expect, at least, a conversation with a manager about any fixed term contract expiry.

There's also legal bits depending on how long the contract is, sure it came up at Accies a few weeks ago

https://www.gov.uk/fixed-term-contracts/renewing-or-ending-a-fixedterm-contract

4 hours ago, RiG said:

There's a new podcast out which features former ICT player Mark Ridgers who gives us his view on last season, the current financial predicament and that planned move to Kelty. Also on the pod is Kieran Maguire of The Price of Football fame to pour over our financials. Enjoy!

Listening to the bit about club branding and Americans loving Outlander and Nessie, Caley should get down to Gellions and find the guys who started Loch Ness FC (RIP) and made a fortune out of Nessie branding on their shirts. Also might be worth having a word with the Edusports Academy/Caledonian Braves boss who recently received $1 million from mainly American online investors.

14 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Is it Wednesday that Inverness go bust? 

Even if true, like any unfavourable political announcements, I'd expect the club to try be sly and act under the radar by putting out a press release at 8pm on Friday where most folks will be distracted by other events

That's an absolute disgrace. Total cowards in charge.

Doran should crowdfund his knee operation (not that he should have to of course).

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It's almost like the club has already gone out of business.

It wouldn't surprise me. Tomorrow is allegedly D Day for ICT and it isn't looking good.

Grassa asking folk to pony up cash when the club hasn't bothered to make any kind of announcement about season tickets and are on the verge of administration is laughable. Unless folk up north are pissing money, and I suspect many aren't, then they are going to be keeping their hands in their pockets until they see what happens in the next few days.

5 minutes ago, RiG said:

It wouldn't surprise me. Tomorrow is allegedly D Day for ICT and it isn't looking good.

Grassa asking folk to pony up cash when the club hasn't bothered to make any kind of announcement about season tickets and are on the verge of administration is laughable. Unless folk up north are pissing money, and I suspect many aren't, then they are going to be keeping their hands in their pockets until they see what happens in the next few days.

Yeah, I think if Savage and/or McGilvary were going to step in they'd have done it by now.

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Perhaps. But as I say, where's the basic courtesy from players when they're signing pre-contracts? 

Employers have a much greater responsibility to their employees than the other way around. One is a corporate entity with dozens of other employees and the other is a human being with (likely) a single source of income and bills to be paid. 

This whole Caley situation clearly doesn't reflect well on many people, but Duncan Ferguson deserves his fair share of criticism for this particular aspect of it. Even if the boardroom is a shambles, you'd think the manager would at least pick up the phone to tell players "Look man, I don't know what's going to happen, but assuming things stay more or less as they are, you [are/are not] in my plans for next season."

The Doran situation in particular is appalling. Obviously there are a lot of moving parts at the moment, but there's a real lack of basic human decency from some quarters. 

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Perhaps. But as I say, where's the basic courtesy from players when they're signing pre-contracts? 

You don't go around your work telling all the management you're looking for a new job but you would expect them to mention it if you were getting laid off. 

Just now, RiG said:

We literally have a knee surgeon on the board FFS. Get him to do the operation.

Sounds like he told him to take a cold bath and man up.