"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

I've been told It's Gardiner who has ordered the silence from the club towards fans and the press. It seems like trying his best to damage the club's reputation as much as possible before he leaves.  He's also in charge of offering contracts to current and potential players, hence why the likes of Doran, Ridgers and MacGregor weren't contacted, or goalkeeping coach Ryan Esson.

I wonder if the bald *** cunt will be at Grant Street on Saturday.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

That doesn't excuse the lack of communication from the directors to those players, of course.

Sadly none of this is coming as a shock - Cameron Ferguson signing, incoming loans again who I expect will be guaranteed game time to minimise any financial outlay, minimal sized squad of permanently signed players (again to reduce costs with most being youngsters on pennies unless already legally contracted). Could see it coming a mile off as the forward plan started in Jan.

Seeing no changes form the club as promised resulting in the Supporters Trust change stance depending on who's shouting loudest also isnt a surprise. I now expect the club to reach out again, release a few wooly statements, announce some signings and the ST to turn again in a few weeks rallying a call to get behind the club (as things a temp better) and support our boys for the new season 'remember its not the players fault - yadda yadda'.

44 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He's also in charge of offering contracts to current and potential players

If Cameron Ferguson is signed then Dunc surely has the say here. It sounds a mess but it looks to me like the management have just let contracts expire rather than having what are difficult conversations with long serving players. Whether Gardiner has said he's taking charge or not shouldn't stop Ferguson from being a decent person and talking to his players to explain the situation. 

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If Cameron Ferguson is signed then Dunc surely has the say here. It sounds a mess but it looks to me like the management have just let contracts expire rather than having what are difficult conversations with long serving players. Whether Gardiner has said he's taking charge or not shouldn't stop Ferguson from being a decent person and talking to his players to explain the situation. 

Ferguson tried to sign his son last season but couldn't as he has already played for Newcastle under 23's (classed as first team somehow) and Forfar, so the 2 clubs per season rule kiboshed that and he signed for Forres Mechanics as that rule only applies to SPFL clubs.  He was a trialist in a bounce game at the turn of the year against Clach and was the worst player on the park according to a couple of the The Caley youth players a friend knows who were on the pitch with him, one of whom's mum was sat in front of Ferguson who was telling Gardiner how good his son is and that we should sign him 🤣.

Cunt couldn't get a game for Forfar.

A reminder of what some Forfar fans thought of Ferguson Jnr.

On 10/01/2024 at 11:27, ForfarLoon84 said:

Ferguson should be nowhere near our starting 11.

On 12/01/2024 at 02:30, RateofKnots said:

If it wasn't for Ferguson, I'd say he was the worst footballer I'd seen at Forfar in recent times. 

On 12/01/2024 at 16:09, Replays said:

To be fair, McLean cannot be any worse than Ferguson based on the little I’ve seen of both.

On 23/11/2023 at 15:48, ScottishLoon said:

Ferguson- looks a complete dumpling 90% of the time and a complete mystery to what his strengths are.

But yeah sure, get him signed up "Big Dunc" :rolleyes: 

As I posted last week nothing, absolutely nothing, will begin to be resolved between us the fans and the club until Gardiner is finally out the door.

Even then it will be a slow burn until we get some sort of normality.

Patience, as I've said so many times, faint heart never fucked a pig.

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Cameron Ferguson confirmed, nepotism at its finest 

Well hey, at least you've finally heard something from the club...

This is absolutely the baton being passed from Falkirk to the Caley. Gary Holt signed his son for us, utter dogshit, went on loan to Gretna then Dalbeattie star, played f**k all games or nearly f**k all I think, then was released.

I feel your pain lads.

Just now, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Anyone know who Jack Walker is? Not named as a youth signing but he’s in the squad list.

Centre half, 18 years old was on loan at Forres last season.  Assume he has a year on his youth contract.