"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

The accounts are in, obviously showing a loss, but no sign of admin so far and board in talks with Investors as before.

Though I note one of the doomers posting about our accounts for next year,ffs.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the gloaters predicted we will be hit with a plague of locusts.

The team is up and running with two friendly wins albeit to be tested at a higher level.

So not all doom and gloom. 

Onwards and upwards.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

There’s Gilmour still fucked after being rushed back for the Hamilton playoff game. Do any of these c***s at this club have any idea what the f**k they’re doing? 

The way things are going, I think I’ll spend my Saturday afternoons doing literally anything else this season 

I take issue with both Ferguson and some on CTO saying the fans wanted all local, young players.

The fans wanted the players to be local, as in train and live in Inverness, not in Kelty, not a squad made up exclusively of boys who have just left Millburn, Culloden or the IRA. The wording used means two totally different things. I couldn’t give a fuck if all our players were from Peru. As long as they are based here.

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I take issue with both Ferguson and some on CTO saying the fans wanted all local, young players.

The fans wanted the players to be local, as in train and live in Inverness, not in Kelty, not a squad made up exclusively of boys who have just left Millburn, Culloden or the IRA. The wording used means two totally different things. I couldn’t give a f**k if all our players were from Peru. As long as they are based here.

Yeah tbf don’t think it takes a genius to work out what the ICT fans meant when they were against the Kelty move it just comes across as petty and an excuse that’ll probably come out a lot over course of season.

44 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Depends where you look, genuinely think there is a section of our support that want the club to go under as they revel in dancing around the flames point fingers of blame.

There's no think about it.

You don't have to look too far to find them and there's easy to find examples on this forum. One poster, who I know to be situationally and geographically disadvantaged, declared a no investment policy. Thing is I'm not convinced that he had any intention of helping the club through this difficult time in the first place. 

52 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The fans wanted the players to be local, as in train and live in Inverness, not in Kelty, not a squad made up exclusively of boys who have just left Millburn, Culloden or the IRA. The wording used means two totally different things. I couldn’t give a f**k if all our players were from Peru. As long as they are based here.

I think it's just another example of how thick your board and manager are. All the things they are saying is setting out an "us and them" mentality. If it all goes wrong and these young lads struggle you can see the argument playing out already and I expect a few more hilarious (from a neutrals point of view) and tone deaf statements this season from The Caley board. 

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

It's clear that Ferguson has adopted a negative attitude towards the fans driven mostly by him being one of the instigators towards the Kelty base which clearly was abandoned when the fans rebelled against the move.

For many years he was lionised at Everton where he probably got his way when he demanded changes, however his foray into singular management without a big team infrastructure has exposed his failures, so to his mind he's not to blame for FG or our present situation, and now when we lose it will the fans to blame.

Local, Highland League and Northern based players are what is required due to our financial position plus bringing in players from england or the central belt saw us relegated last season, so we are back where we were years ago, it worked then and with the right manager it can happen again.

Once Gardiner is down the road Ferguson is on his own. 

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Local, Highland League and Northern based players are what is required due to our financial position plus bringing in players from england or the central belt saw us relegated last season, so we are back where we were years ago, it worked then and with the right manager it can happen again.

You’ve said this a lot recently and it just isn’t true. This isn’t the 90s anymore. There isn’t a load of players sitting in the highland league that are good enough to playing in League 1 and higher anymore. Sure there will be a few but the reason they are not playing in the SPFL is because they don’t want to.

We also aren’t the only option for them to play for now either, Ross county aside, they have Elgin and Cove to chose from if they want to play at this level now too. Back in the 90s we pretty much had our pick of the best highland league players who had ambitions to get to as high a level as they could plus we also chucked them a decent wage to add to it.

Bigger clubs from all over the country and also finding young players with potential up here much easier now as well. Even our youth players have been getting snapped up by Rangers over the last few years. You don’t find hidden gems anymore. 

There will obviously be one or two exceptions to this but we are only looking at players from our academy and nothing else now.

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

You'd all be so lucky. After spending 6 months in Peru, clubs like Alianza Lima would easily thrash either of the old firm. Same goes for the Mexican league, Cruz Azul(my team), Pachuca, Pumas etc.

Few real local players near first team at County over the years. Any decent quickly get snapped up.

Slightly encouraging news over the finances. Intelligent loan signings and a small core of good players for league 1 is all that's needed.

We've obviously got a bigger pull than Elgin, Peterhead, Cove and BoD, but the first two I mentioned managed to snap up HL Champions Buckie's two best players when we were, and still are in turmoil.  Although I believe one of those two has a very well paid day job in Aberdeen so the chances of him signing for The Caley and giving up that job were incredibly slim.

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Although I believe one of those two has a very well paid day job in Aberdeen so the chances of him signing for The Caley and giving up that job were incredibly slim.

That is a big issue for us looking to tempt anyone from Northern part time clubs. Anyone based towards the Aberdeen end of the A96 and probably even Inverness based and good enough to play at this level will likely have a well paying job that they would have to give up for full time football.

In all likelihood with our financial situation we wouldn't even be able to match their day jobs wages let alone the day job plus part time football wages. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

We've obviously got a bigger pull than Elgin, Peterhead, Cove and BoD, but the first two I mentioned managed to snap up HL Champions Buckie's two best players when we were, and still are in turmoil.  Although I believe one of those two has a very well paid day job in Aberdeen so the chances of him signing for The Caley and giving up that job were incredibly slim.

Question, how does the fiasco with the players not hearing a word, plus the Doran shocker, factor into the “bigger pull”? Will last years ending be enough to keep players away, or will it take another deferred surgery event to make any player* take ICT off their list?

*Yes, players from levels below may decide to risk it for the exposure at a higher level…but I’d be surprised if that would include any that weren’t also somewhat local in some way.

25 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Question, how does the fiasco with the players not hearing a word, plus the Doran shocker, factor into the “bigger pull”? Will last years ending be enough to keep players away, or will it take another deferred surgery event to make any player* take ICT off their list?

*Yes, players from levels below may decide to risk it for the exposure at a higher level…but I’d be surprised if that would include any that weren’t also somewhat local in some way.

Because we’re the biggest club and the only one likely to ever get into the Premiership. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Because we’re the biggest club and the only one likely to ever get into the Premiership. 

It was a serious question, as I’ve no idea who’s been mooted around ICT, but, OK. I just figure the Doran thing will put off any established player.

Just now, TxRover said:

It was a serious question, as I’ve no idea who’s been mooted around ICT, but, OK. I just figure the Doran thing will put off any established player.

Have you ever seen that given as a reason for a player not signing for a club, "they weren't very nice to some of the last players?"