• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

6 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Is there a bar open at the stadium before games or is it just a trek from a city centre pub?

I think it'll be shut for the foreseeable.  Our ex-chairman went on record and said he hates it and apparently it makes no money as it's only open for a couple of hours 18 days a year.

12 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Is there a bar open at the stadium before games or is it just a trek from a city centre pub?

I'd either go to the Caley social club in town and take their bus, or drink at the Innes bar and walk.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've secured my #brief for tonight, in a game I think we'll lose.  I'd imagine Arbroath will be quite a bit better than Bonnyrigg were on Saturday.

Wouldn't be too sure of that. Unless Reilly or Gallagher are surprisingly fit they don't have a striker. 

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wouldn't be too sure of that. Unless Reilly or Gallagher are surprisingly fit they don't have a striker. 

They'll probably still win brother.  

3 hours ago, Lanky Highlander said:

51 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Good luck to the man, he served us well.

Very happy we won't be facing him or Derek Gaston this league campaign. Two GKs who always performed well against us/I'd have been delighted to have seen in QoS colours. 

Edited by 19QOS19

Saw that Johndo MacKenzie, who a lot of our fans will know, sadly passed away earlier today.  He can't have been that old, was a great guy.  One of those guys who I would always see at games, always have a good laugh with him.  He would travel up from England with his kids as well, very sad.  I don't think he could be that old either, I think he had semi-retired from his job as a mental health nurse, which he did for many, many years.  Can't remember if he posted on here, think he may have done years ago.

I know other posters were good mates with him, RIP Johndo.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Saw that Johndo MacKenzie, who a lot of our fans will know, sadly passed away earlier today.  He can't have been that old, was a great guy.  One of those guys who I would always see at games, always have a good laugh with him.  He would travel up from England with his kids as well, very sad.  I don't think he could be that old either, I think he had semi-retired from his job as a mental health nurse, which he did for many, many years.  Can't remember if he posted on here, think he may have done years ago.

I was in school with him. He was one of the good guys. Brilliant at basketball, good at football, utter genius at submitting school  football reports to the Courier getting his name mentioned in every sentence. 

Edited by oldbitterandgrumpy

14 hours ago, ICTChris said:

When I was on the early days of CTO he was a force as a poster, articulate and funny at the same time and he continued with that same great posts that made his point clearly. I remember him on here but his home was CTO where as a proud Invernessian he could reminisce with his peers especially on great Highland League games and days.

A massive Caley fan who travelled to games from his home in the North of England to a lot of away games where he would lead the singing and chants.

In 2010 Jimmy Calderwood had taken the mangers job at Killie, we were playing there not long after and were losing when Johndo starting a conga in and out of the seats with the chant, "Jimmy says aye tae the Killie Pie".

One wee memory of a larger than life Caley Diehard

I am shocked that he has died as he wasn't that old and his outgoing personality will be missed

Edited by SandyCromarty

21 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think it'll be shut for the foreseeable.  Our ex-chairman went on record and said he hates it and apparently it makes no money as it's only open for a couple of hours 18 days a year.

A shame if it doesn't make money for the club but in my visits to the place it is really pretty poor - like a downmarket 'spoons without the decent prices. I prefer to drink in the town (MacGregor's or Gellions for me) and walk to the stadium - but winter midweek games might give me an attraction for the stadium bar.

3 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

A shame if it doesn't make money for the club but in my visits to the place it is really pretty poor - like a downmarket 'spoons without the decent prices. I prefer to drink in the town (MacGregor's or Gellions for me) and walk to the stadium - but winter midweek games might give me an attraction for the stadium bar.

You'll be drinking there more often now eh? 😉

1 hour ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

A shame if it doesn't make money for the club but in my visits to the place it is really pretty poor - like a downmarket 'spoons without the decent prices.

ts an asset the club have failed to use and now seen as an expense to cut opposed to an opportunity to create alternate income. It could be used as or for part of private hire corporate events/meeting facilities/conferences (which we dont run). Open for food outlet opportunities - Cafe V8 has shown that there was appetite for an eatery in that area of town especially with the stadium and its adequate parking and easy A9 access. Not to mention opportunity for enhanced match experience through longer opening with (decent) food service - even local bands/entertainment or live events.

15 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

ts an asset the club have failed to use and now seen as an expense to cut opposed to an opportunity to create alternate income. It could be used as or for part of private hire corporate events/meeting facilities/conferences (which we dont run). Open for food outlet opportunities - Cafe V8 has shown that there was appetite for an eatery in that area of town especially with the stadium and its adequate parking and easy A9 access. Not to mention opportunity for enhanced match experience through longer opening with (decent) food service - even local bands/entertainment or live events.

Agreed - and in the summer months, with the setting that it is in, it could easily be an easy access stop off for travellers up and down the A9. 

8 minutes ago, Connor Macleod said:

Were they not going to turn the bar into a Cafe or something? 

The Scott Gardiner Arms 

1 hour ago, RJD said:

I am not American and I am not a football investor (unless there is a good chance of "return on investment" 😀

Howdy partner, howdy pal. 

esther williams GIF