"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I See You Nod GIF by Yellowstone

The main positive to come out of Scot's tenure is that he's somehow managed to shaft World Administration Champions Dundee (and poor little Ross County) out of 20k each. For that, he has my undying gratitude.

If Ketan ends up in the jail along with Gardiner after their flagrant abuse of their companies house access codes then, for the sanity of the other prisoners, I hope they at least get thrown in the same cell.

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

5 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

The main positive to come out of Scot's tenure is that he's somehow managed to shaft World Administration Champions Dundee (and poor little Ross County) out of 20k each. For that, he has my undying gratitude.

If Ketan ends up in the jail along with Gardiner after their flagrant abuse of their companies house access codes then, for the sanity of the other prisoners, I hope they at least get thrown in the same cell.

I think incarceration would be the definition of an "Immersive experience"

Given the amount of companies that Makwana has created and dissolved, I'm sure he is well aware on how to mess with the very lax Companies House.

Gardiner would also be be even stupider than I thought if he is attempting any sabotage on his way out. He would at the very least be jeopardising whatever payout Savage has given him for termintating his contract early.

27 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Given the amount of companies that Makwana has created and dissolved, I'm sure he is well aware on how to mess with the very lax Companies House.

Gardiner would also be be even stupider than I thought if he is attempting any sabotage on his way out. He would at the very least be jeopardising whatever payout Savage has given him for termintating his contract early.

Would he be due a payout since he had already resigned?

Not sure what the notice period would have been but I think he was only still here by the grace of the directors and that Ketan chap.

Considering Mr Makwana isn't a director or shareholder in any capacity whatsoever of ICT at this point in time this makes this even more batshit mental.

Perhaps he may feel some pre-agreement terms have been breached but the devil will be in the detail of the agreement itself and sadly for us all that will be covered by NDA's. Can imagine he may be chasing recouping some legal costs though.

Appears fair to say on the face of things that he was highly unlikely to be provided permission by a person with the authority to do so given the "pausing" of the takeover talks with 77Ventures.

And here was me for 24 hours thinking the banter years might be coming to an end😂

2 hours ago, RiG said:

So what dodgy stuff do we reckon Gardiner has been up to that he's kept hidden from the board? 

Hopefully something we can sue him for. That would be cathartic.  

13 hours ago, forkboy said:

Always knew there was something shifty about the sort of people who'd willingly move to Tornagrain, makes a lot of sense Gardiner was one of them

Wierd wee place full of utter spam valleyers. Shite like your not allowed shrubs/trees in gardens, high curbs to stop parking, such a pretentious place. 

Someone’s clearly just jumped the gun in adding Savage as a director on Companies House and swiftly removed him.  He said himself, he’s got the chequebook now and Charlie is the CEO.

Makwana, as someone on CTO pointed out, hasn’t bought any shares in the club so has zero power at this stage, or if he has, there’s been no meeting with current shareholders to sell theirs to him, or release new ones for him to buy.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I See You Nod GIF by Yellowstone

You’ve missed the post a few days ago where I openly admit to being hoodwinked. His chat about free port, the concerts and making the connection to the locals was very believable. He had said he had experience of putting on events in London and at that stage we had no idea just how shambolic this event was going to be. All previous concerts at the stadium had been very successful. 
His podcast interview was very convincing and positive. He just appears to have been a very good ‘salesman’ without any of the substance. To not secure the park and ride cash was really poor and that was a simple deal 

can’t believe you wasted your time gathering those quotes, nor can I understand the purpose of it. We all know we’ve been duped. Are you just rubbing it in? 

56 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Someone’s clearly just jumped the gun in adding Savage as a director on Companies House and swiftly removed him.  He said himself, he’s got the chequebook now and Charlie is the CEO.

Makwana, as someone on CTO pointed out, hasn’t bought any shares in the club so has zero power at this stage, or if he has, there’s been no meeting with current shareholders to sell theirs to him, or release new ones for him to buy.

You are bang on here.  Its possible to be a director of a company on Companies House without being a shareholder.  Its the shareholders that hold the voting rights and therefore the power.  Savage could have been appointed a director in order to comply with one of the company articles to allow him to do something - participate in a vote, add funds, sign a document, etc etc. 

This year alone I have been involved in the hiving of two LTDs into one, as well as a members voluntary liquidation and you would be amazed at the hoops that shareholders and directors have to jump through to get things sorted.  What you see on Companies House does not reflect the true story.

Edited by Pete the Jakey

And while we are on the topic of shareholders, in my opinion the biggest mistake Caley have made was the sidelining of Sandy Catto in 2012 as a director who ended up gifting 20% stake to charity.  He owns 11 ocean going cargo ships, half the harbour, and is serious money.  He could easily have been your Roy Macgregor instead he was treated appallingly and forced out by the board who knew better.

34 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

He could easily have been your Roy Macgregor

But who will be your next Roy MacGregor? The flawed business model of clubs is a house of cards typically just one death or supporting businesses financial issue away from failure.

What is needed now is not a new benefactor long term but someone with vision and plans for a sustainable future and even potential growth derived from revenue streams and not hand outs.

16 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

But who will be your next Roy MacGregor? The flawed business model of clubs is a house of cards typically just one death or supporting businesses financial issue away from failure.

What is needed now is not a new benefactor long term but someone with vision and plans for a sustainable future and even potential growth derived from revenue streams and not hand outs.

Roy's money has been put to good use not just spunked like Romanov and Mileson, and I am confident when he does step down we will be left with a positive lasting legacy, either financial or otherwise.  Anyway, back to the clown show...

16 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

^^^ Well said! 👍

6 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Roy's money has been put to good use not just spunked like Romanov and Mileson, and I am confident when he does step down we will be left with a positive lasting legacy

Charlie Day Ok GIF

14 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Charlie Day Ok GIF

40 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Gardiner, he had good revenue streams?
Makwana, he has access to a boat in Dubai? 

Absolute embarrassment to the Highlands 🤡

26 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Roy's money has been put to good use not just spunked like Romanov and Mileson, and I am confident when he does step down we will be left with a positive lasting legacy, either financial or otherwise.  Anyway, back to the clown show...

butitmightworkforus.png.af5e5e1c94fe982a6cdc3f72e5ed5eef.png