"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

And having been to war twice, the online abuse I received from fans for my views merited not even a bead of sweat, far less any tears or blood. To survive, we need the best players and the best players are based in Glasgow and Edinburgh and don’t want to live in Inverness. There, I’ve said it again

Did the dafty really bring up "going to war" in context of getting some mild online "abuse" (when people like this claim they have been getting abused, 9 times out of 10 it turns out someone has told them to "f**k off you stupid b*****d" rather than anything more)? That's amazing. No better way to show you're heads gone than managing to force in how many wars you fought in over some internet slap fight.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Remember when we were sponsored by Subway and had this f**king awful mascot. I bet some young fans had nightmares about it

IMG_6014.thumb.jpeg.6e5015698fc061322aa790fdeefff574.jpeg

young fans? I'm going to have nightmares about that. Sakes.

31 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Aye, and while my memories are hazy I'm fairly certain in the early days, just prior to admin and when fans were trying to get organised there was votes for whether to give money to Masterton and Yorkston to help stave off administration etc. I think one went through? But as fans became more organised they told Masterton to ram it, I'm sure there was a share issue? 

Aye that's right, there were a group of fans that word had got too about just what masterton was up too but it hadn't perpetuated fully through the fan base yet,  one of mastertons final acts of desperation was the share issue which he claimed would get approval just any moment. (It never did cos well selling shares in an insolvent company is too dodgy for even the dodgiest firm authority to approve)

I think when it became clear that scheme wasn't getting off the ground and there was enough word of mouth spreading of masterton's actions( had to be done that way to not be libellous) the backing went fully behind how we save the club once admin happened.  admin that actually needed to be forced, I think masterton would of happy let liquidation go through) Celebrating an admin application cos the court would of approved a write off hours later instead was a mental moment.

2 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Inverness holds a Silver licence last renewed in December which obliges them to have a separate Finance Manager "responsible for financial matters at the football club", or else engage an external provider working on at least a monthly cycle of involvement. In either case there must be written contracts and responsibilities plus memberships of an appropriate professional body.

Incidentally with Bronze now required to play above HL/LL wouldn't administration potentially imperil that? Licence is due for renewal within next 3 months.

image.png.b88eb654c3246b5a9b0644561b0ca304.png
image.png.6019670617a72aea89809c4dbc77a1f6.png

image.png.16704e9bd8bcdc1e067c64bfc218766f.png

Both ourselves and hearts played in the championship when bronze was required at that level but we were still entry due to our recent administrations.  It would be an incredible step for the spfl to kick out a club just as it survives admin.

If we get a 15 point deduction and Dunc is relieved of his duties at the same time, that is equivalent to a 0 point deduction. We will still finish above your Arbroaths etc. in that scenario - that's The Malkmus Guarantee.

14 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Remember when we were sponsored by Subway and had this f**king awful mascot. I bet some young fans had nightmares about it

IMG_6014.thumb.jpeg.6e5015698fc061322aa790fdeefff574.jpeg

Pretty sure it was around then we went with the half time entertainment of punters trying to kick the ball into a car boot from the halfway line while the mascot walked around with some youth players holding up the half time draw numbers.

All of which sounds more entertaining than Dunc ball tbf

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Mikey Edwards has popped up again 

Who was that guy who called him out and offered to match his funding, only he had to catch a flight to New York? Anyway, he's needed back..

33 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If we get a 15 point deduction and Dunc is relieved of his duties at the same time, that is equivalent to a 0 point deduction. We will still finish above your Arbroaths etc. in that scenario - that's The Malkmus Guarantee.

If we go into Admin we can’t sack him. We would still need to pay up his contract and then employ someone from within I imagine. Unless he decides to walk away, which he won’t as if he was going to do that it would have been in the summer.

“Having been to war twice”

What an absolute walloper.

Inverness are not in financial peril because the team don’t train in the Central Belt. It’s because the club was run by incompetent, egotistical morons who made a series of terrible decisions.

Mad Mike back in town! The banterhas only just started... Absolute weapon of a man, wouldn't surprise me if he really was posted as that rjd character. Going by what's already been said, the guy is a f**king crackpot 😂