"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

We know there's not much money in Scottish football as there is down south but with Inverness what is the problem in regards to finances?
Obviously its been stated that the manager is not taking any money from the club, Duncan Ferguson but there's not really anything in detail saying what the problem is other than a financial problem.

Do they not get enough fans through the gate for the level they are in?
Not making enough sponsorship?
Spent to much money on players?
Spent too much money on updating facilities?
Is there a big loan taken out and not enough money to cover the debt?

or

Is all above covered well but its just the club are run badly by committee and chairman?

1 minute ago, The Black Flag said:

Yeah, the same directors that ran the club.

So who is shafting who?

Well if every penny is the directors then fine but we are told again that 600k isn't so someone is getting shafted.that isn't to blame surely. You guys pay back every penny then good on you that's the right thing to do ..on the other hand a cva with something like 2p.in the £ is just blatant financial cheating.

Edited by Shodwall cat

10 minutes ago, ItsGoneBust said:

We know there's not much money in Scottish football as there is down south but with Inverness what is the problem in regards to finances?
Obviously its been stated that the manager is not taking any money from the club, Duncan Ferguson but there's not really anything in detail saying what the problem is other than a financial problem.

Do they not get enough fans through the gate for the level they are in?
Not making enough sponsorship?
Spent to much money on players?
Spent too much money on updating facilities?
Is there a big loan taken out and not enough money to cover the debt?

or

Is all above covered well but its just the club are run badly by committee and chairman?

The main problem is they're not Falkirk, apparently.

1 minute ago, The Black Flag said:

wait, we haven't started building that huge three sided white elephant stadium out at Ardersier just yet.

Hardly a white elephant if you can fill it. It's becoming too small for us unlike your place which is two stands too big.

25 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Well if every penny is the directors then fine but we are told again that 600k isn't so someone is getting shafted.that isn't to blame surely. You guys pay back every penny then good on you that's the right thing to do ..on the other hand a cva with something like 2p.in the £ is just blatant financial cheating.

I believe a big chunk of that is to Puma (just locked into a circa £130k a year deal for the next 3 years) signed by Gardiner who hadn't even paid last years bill. 

I haven't heard any local businesses speak up and say they've been screwed over but time will tell. In fact some have said that they owed the club money for advertising but the club never sent them any bills even after them pointing it out. Just shows how utterly shite Gardiner/Morrison era has been. 

If there are I'd guess D&E Coaches and maybe Red Poppy catering would be on the list. 

What will be will be and 'us guys' can do fk all about it unfortunately. 

Edited by Fraz

2 minutes ago, Fraz said:

I believe a big chunk of that is to Puma (just locked into a circa £130k a year deal for the next 3 years) signed by Gardiner who hadn't even paid last years bill. 

I haven't heard any local businesses speak up and say they've been screwed over but time will tell. In fact some have said that they owed the club money for advertising but the club never sent them any bills even after them pointing it out. Just shows how utterly shite Gardiner/Morrison era has been. 

If there are I'd guess D&E Coaches and maybe Red Poppy catering would be on the list. 

What will be will be and 'us guys' can do fk all about it unfortunately. 

Of course but some fans seem to see admin is some sort of cakewalk that savages 300k.will get them through no bother.

Club racks up unsustainable debts chasing the dream. Fans uncomplaining and loving it. Chickens come home to roost and suddenly we are supposed to have sympathy and see it as some sort of tragedy. Seen it too many times We all know it’ll be administration, creditors shafted and back in business before long. So will save the crocodile tears. 

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

You do realise the directors who are also the main creditors were the ones who were doing all the shafting (even turning a blind eye counts) are now no longer at the club?

Yet the club is left with the debt and mess they left due to their incompetence.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any accountability for something that exists called a football club, just like any business. Someone has to take responsibility to clean up the mess and as always its not going to be the ones responsible in the first place. Yet the ones responsible want their money back.

Fans got shafted, so did players and now some of the staff could be. That is a lot worse than some rich guys wanting the money back they could afford to pour into a football club. I've got the world's smallest violin right here for them.

9 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Club racks up unsustainable debts chasing the dream. Fans uncomplaining and loving it. Chickens come home to roost and suddenly we are supposed to have sympathy and see it as some sort of tragedy. Seen it too many times We all know it’ll be administration, creditors shafted and back in business before long. So will save the crocodile tears. 

Thing is I don't recall much in the last 5 or so years where we were 'loving it' (SC run aside but that only happed due to another club's fk up with admin). Fans and the Supporters Trust have been asking questions of the club and looking for clarity for years yet we're ignored and stonewalled by an absentee Chair/board and a CEO who treated fans with contempt and did everything he could to elusive. No he's thankfully finally f**ked off all the skeletons are coming out and the scale of mismanagement (that many feared) has become apparent. 

I don't know where all the debt has been racked up but ICT certainly haven't been revelling in the land of milk and honey these past few years. 

Edited by Fraz

14 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

No The Caley fan wants any sympathy. Most of us have trust that with Savage and Christie around we’ll survive and be back operating more sustainably. It appears to be Arbroath and Falkirk fans that are more upset by the situation. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Aye, personally, I don’t celebrate any goals until I’m presented with the full financial breakdown of how we afforded it.

Exactly. Fans pick and choose when they care. 

Administration is self-inflicted each and every single time it happens. Don’t understand all the hand-wringing. Plenty of clubs who shafted creditors happily going about their business in the top two leagues so ICT will be no different.

6 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

You do realise the directors who are also the main creditors were the ones who were doing all the shafting (even turning a blind eye counts) are now no longer at the club?

Yet the club is left with the debt and mess they left due to their incompetence.

I'm not saying there shouldn't be any accountability for something that exists called a football club, just like any business. Someone has to take responsibility to clean up the mess and as always its not going to be the ones responsible in the first place. Yet the ones responsible want their money back.

Fans got shafted, so did players and now some of the staff could be. That is a lot worse than some rich guys wanting the money back they could afford to pour into a football club. I've got the world's smallest violin right here for them.

If your club is losing massive amounts year on year surely fans need to get involved.  The moment we had a really poor year financially we were in there and getting the board lumped out .