"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Just now, FitbaSupporter said:

Plenty of examples over the years of fans getting organised, protesting, boycotting, organising a buyout etc. It’s never easy, but it’s not impossible.

May not be the case in this instance but previous Scottish football administrations have been characterised by fans loving the fruits of the over spending in the years before whether it’s Hearts, Livi or the Pars. And all these clubs are back living their best life after shafting creditors. So maybe explains the cynicism about the whole thing.

I surprised anyone has any sympathy for the former directors (creditors) of ICT including our former CEO Scott Gardiner who shafted everyone and now wants his money back, but here we are.

13 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

Of course Raith Rovers avoided such a calamity back in 2005/06.

We were a basket case no doubt but we avoided administration. Reclaim the Rovers was exactly fans getting organised and getting our club back which kind of undermines the whole fans can’t do anything argument. 

8 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

We were a basket case no doubt but we avoided administration. Reclaim the Rovers was exactly fans getting organised and getting our club back which kind of undermines the whole fans can’t do anything argument. 

This only succeeded because you had a multi-millionaire investor who was willing to buy the stadium and offer a personal guarantee to secure the mortgage. It's not a comparable situation.

I've got better things to do than go over what has already been said a 100 times on here to people who can't be arsed going back and having a read themselves.

Taking about fans getting organised yet can't even be organised themselves to read up on how and what has happened to our club. F**kin' hell. 

lazy lazy and lazy b*****ds

It gets boring.

6 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

Taking about fans getting organised yet can't even be organised themselves to read up on how and what has happened to our club. F**kin' hell. 

Yeah, organising to save your club and reading a thread about some other club going into administration are comparable 🫤

Anyway, hope ICT get through admin and out the other side. Other than the Old Firm would hate to see any club disappear. 

Edited by FitbaSupporter

Press and journal running with a Billy McKay appears to say goodbye along with the potential departure of Duncan Ferguson.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6608925/duncan-ferguson-thinks-win-over-annan-may-be-last-game-at-administration-bound-caley-thistle/

I didn't read the Courier version of this.

42 minutes ago, strichener said:

More rewriting of history.  You can't ignore the Mark Campbell escapade or the sale of a large percentage in your club for a pittance to Phil Rawlins.  Let's not pretend that the Falkirk fans weren't onboard with these events.

Sorry mark Campbell was never allowed to buy the club because funnily enough the fans raised the alarm about the guy showing him up for a complete conman. So the fans most definitely werent onboard 

The Rawlings invested 350 k and have never wanted it back they are very much minority shareholders with no interest in running it.

Pray tell how that's a bad deal and why the hell is a Peterhead fan so interested in Falkirks finances when we are sailing along quite nicely thanks.

16 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Automatic relegation at the very least. There’s not even that. 

Our points deduction relegated us, it relegated hearts, rangers died. Dundee it didn't get relegated but it did take an incredible run that would have put them right in amongst the promotion mix.  Livi dropped 2 divisions, Gretna got a points deduction(I think) got demoted 2 divisions and ultimately didn't survive.   So your going back 20 years + to when no sporting punishment was handed out. 

Punishments have increasing got more severe, from nothing 20 years ago, to point deductions, to increased point deductions and transfer restrictions to the point we're at now where your at point deductions, transfer restrictions and a 2nd season point deduction.

Making relegation automatic is problematic especially at this early stage in the season, it gives one club nothing to play for and those about them a safety net to help them relax, it makes the game a much worse product.

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

Pray tell how that's a bad deal and why the hell is a Peterhead fan so interested in Falkirks finances when we are sailing along quite nicely thanks.

You're so thick you can say something as ironic as this and mean it wholeheartedly.

Edited by The Moonster

7 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Yeah, organising to save your club and reading a thread about some other club going into administration are comparable 🫤

Anyway, hope ICT get through admin and out the other side. Other than the Old Firm would hate to see any club disappear. 

But you didn't in either.

Thanks for playing.

26 minutes ago, FitbaSupporter said:

Never said anyone should be liquidated. We all deserve a club, but there should be stiffer penalties for what is you've pointed out is financial doping. Automatic relegation at the very least. There’s not even that. 

It's going to be extremely challenging for us to avoid relegation to League 2. 15 point deduction & our sqaud is going to get dismantled.

It'll be mostly inexperienced youth players with the loan players we're managing to keep cause apparently they've already been paid for & covered. Likes of Devine might stay cause he's on a cheaper wage this is down to him wanting to live with his girlfriend in Aviemore. Some of our key players will definitely be away.. the likes of Mckay I'll be very surprised if he stays on..

A 5 point deduction next season as well which will already put massive pressure on whatever team we may have left. 

7 minutes ago, The Black Flag said:

Press and journal running with a Billy McKay appears to say goodbye along with the potential departure of Duncan Ferguson.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6608925/duncan-ferguson-thinks-win-over-annan-may-be-last-game-at-administration-bound-caley-thistle/

I didn't read the Courier version of this.

Dunc's in prime motivational form in this one.

“We were desperate to get the win, and now we’re two points off the play-offs.
“The league is really congested, and I think we’re the best team in the division.
“We got another clean sheet today, and we didn’t have one clean sheet before I came in last season.”

3 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Dunc's in prime motivational form in this one.

“We were desperate to get the win, and now we’re two points off the play-offs.
“The league is really congested, and I think we’re the best team in the division.
“We got another clean sheet today, and we didn’t have one clean sheet before I came in last season.”

The bit where he said the team were playing for him got me the most.

12 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're so thick you can say something as ironic as this and mean it wholeheartedly.

No I'm interested in caleys shit show due to their financial doping which has affected other clubs. No idea why a Peterhead fan would've interested in Falkirks finances though. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

On 04/08/2022 at 11:12, Shodwall cat said:

I'm quite happy now just viewing the forum mate. Enjoyed getting involved before but when you post something on an anonymous forum and the next day a director of the club has your name and phone number and is trying to contact you then you know it's time to call it a day I'm afraid 

As I recall you accused a Director of committing a £25k fraud and eventually deleted the post. Quite rightly.

You’re lucky it wasn’t the police on the phone. As I replied to you the original post is there and I will happily repost if need be. 

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No I'm interested in caley due to their financial doping which has affected other clubs. No idea why a Peterhead fan would've interested in Falkirks finances though. 

That's got me interested in Falkirk's finances now.

Better not be something dodgy going on or any loans.

That's quite a quick rise up to the Championship lead after years of being worse than Dunfermline.

1 minute ago, The Black Flag said:

That's quite a quick rise up to the Championship lead after years of being worse than Dunfermline.

Oh you don’t need to worry. All the losses they made over the past 5 years or so are totally different to any other clubs.

1 minute ago, The Black Flag said:

It's called appointing a good manager and signing good players. That tends to win you games.