"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

I mind when we went in to administration there were folk complaining that the administrators were being paid, with some even suggesting it was somehow a scam from the administrators. I recall similar when Hearts went in to administration.

There appear to be some folk who genuinely think that administrators shouldn't be paid.

Not that he likely really worries about it, but where do Savage’s “infusions” of cash place him on a creditor list? It seems likely, from an outsiders point of view, that a person aiding in the process would have some preferred status, but it might also be seen as inappropriate to do so.

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The PFAs Fraser Wishart was at the club yesterday, the club in administration did not make any employee redundant that was the function of the Administrators.

The administrators in control of the club made the players redundant and the club is their responsibility so yes its still the club.  Is it correct that no legal action can be taken against an appointed administrator doing their task? That's a question for the experts.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/pfa-scotland-to-lodge-legal-claims-against-ict-on-behalf-of-364604/

I'd think this is perfectly routine for a football club to have the PFA getting involved if a club has no choice but to make players redundant.

Dundee Utd losing the plot over Newman is another thing. Surely under those circumstances of Caley Thistle going into administration the SFA would give Newman a free pass to go out on loan to another club.

50 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The PFAs Fraser Wishart was at the club yesterday, the club in administration did not make any employee redundant that was the function of the Administrators.

Next you'll be telling us it's not the club in administration it's the company. 

1 hour ago, The Black Flag said:

The PFA Scotland are to open legal action against Inverness CT on behalf of the players made redundant.

It's not expected to affect the administration process.

You'd imagine that is an automatic process to list them among the football creditors. 

5 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd imagine that is an automatic process to list them among the football creditors. 

Would that not then potentially leave them unable to sign another contract, as they’d be tied to the contract they were in line for any payment upon, and accepting that contract was ended might risk their rights? That might be the PFA angle.

50 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not that he likely really worries about it, but where do Savage’s “infusions” of cash place him on a creditor list? It seems likely, from an outsiders point of view, that a person aiding in the process would have some preferred status, but it might also be seen as inappropriate to do so.

As far as been made publicly aware,  savage has donated money, therefore he's not a creditor.  Any preferred status towards being a buyer(and he even denies registering interest in becoming one at this stage) would only be that the administrator would be more likely to treat him as a credible party.

I don't get the PFA challenging things.  Previous administrations they have acted as advisory's and may have fought for the right for player to sign for other clubs before the transfer window opened. But they've never question the process.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Just been checking on the levels of redundancies in previous administrations

Hearts - Five players, fourteen office staff

Dunfermline - Eight first team players, three youth players

Dundee - Nine first team players, management team

Rangers - two players asked to leave. Nothing else was done in an attempt to save money as playing the 2nd string would have meant not winning games, which was more important to them than keeping the club from liquidation.

5 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

As far as been made publicly aware,  savage has donated money, therefore he's not a creditor.  Any preferred status towards being a buyer(and he even denies registering interest in becoming one at this stage) would only be that the administrator would be more likely to treat him as a credible party.

I don't get the PFA challenging things.  Previous administrations they have acted as advisory's and may have fought for the right for player to sign for other clubs before the transfer window opened. But they've never question the process.

Unless the journalist Henderson of the Courier is talking out of his arse.

Those half-time complementary pies/sausage rolls and a cup of tea have to be questioned given the Courier have over the last couple of months pushed the creative journalism buttons more times than the number of speculative posts on this here thread by both Arbroath and Falkirk fans combined.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I mind when we went in to administration there were folk complaining that the administrators were being paid, with some even suggesting it was somehow a scam from the administrators. I recall similar when Hearts went in to administration.

There appear to be some folk who genuinely think that administrators shouldn't be paid.

These tend to be folk who often suffer from sore knuckles.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Rangers - two players asked to leave. Nothing else was done in an attempt to save money as playing the 2nd string would have meant not winning games, which was more important to them than keeping the club from liquidation.

If I remember correctly,  the high earning players took a 75% pay cut in order to save people's jobs. While other players took 50% and 25% pay cuts.

Club confirms that Kellacher will be assisted by Billy Mackay, Ross Jack and Gordon Nicolson.  Ross Jack is Head of Youth and Gordon Nicolson is a senior Academy coach.

On 24/10/2024 at 20:58, RedLichtie86 said:

Oh No Fire GIFAnyone walking into this thread now!

Just walked in and walking straight back out again , anxiety levels heightened, good luck with your club what's left of it .

5 hours ago, The Black Flag said:

Dundee Utd losing the plot over Newman is another thing. Surely under those circumstances of Caley Thistle going into administration the SFA would give Newman a free pass to go out on loan to another club.

I dont think they are allowed to under FIFA rules. Exemptions are made for those being made redundant. Newman is still gainfully employed.

Someone will maybe correct me but I dont recall loans being cancelled in previous administrations. I'm not sure quite what the point is unless its saving money on accommodation if they were paying for him to stay up in the Highlands. Its a football creditor so the value of the loan will need paid whether he goes or stays unless the parent club choose to waive it. I can understand why United are unhappy. He could go outwith the SPFL for a couple of months I suppose.

The other issue is the 'play for only two SPFL clubs a season' rule. Newman has played for Caley so if he goes on loan elsewhere he then cant be emergency recalled to play for United if needed. United might not want to lend him elsewhere for that reason.

Edited by Skyline Drifter