"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

Strange business with Deas, why would a player leave a title chasing club and move to a bottom of the league relegation struggling club? 

To me this is no more than his money driven agent looking for a fee, no doubt Deas would increase his salary for  a few months and then possibly find himself back in the Championship next season.

I'm all for players making a good living but they should be looking at constructive not retrograde career moves.

It's all about money nowadays in all football

8 hours ago, MarkoDevilovich said:

Caley this, Caley that,

No wonder us fans of the real Thistle never bought in to this windswept, edge of the world project that is IceyTea

#ITFC

🤣

Dearie me, I thought that most of you bitter fans had died off or moved to supporting RC.

Just out of interest were you one of those fans that hired the double decker bus and parked it against the wall of Telford street during an early ICT match, it was great amusement for us inside the park watching the steamed up top deck with idiots making fools of themselves by hurling inaudible abuse through the little slidey windows.

Reminded me of those prison protests.

13 hours ago, Kyle said:

Thoughts on Robbie Deas folks? £150k would be the highest fee we’ve paid in over 20 years

I'll be honest here, with your club sitting at the bottom of the league wouldn't it make more sense to bring in a defensive player with a good proven pedigree at Premier League level?

52 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Strange business with Deas, why would a player leave a title chasing club and move to a bottom of the league relegation struggling club? 

Deas is from that neck of the woods (Kinross) so whilst money will play a part he might have family reasons for wanting the move.

Obviously I hope he stays. I think he is a very good defender. Yes he's limited at left back but he's in perfectly fine there and is a better option than Harper defensively. At CB Broadfoot and Devine have been decent as well but remember Deas is only 20 so it wouldn't be unusual for him to be a little "raw" compared to McCart given the latter was 2 years older than him during his spell in the Championship with ICT.

As for Allardice from what I've heard it seems that this injury rumour is true. He was hobbling around for a lot of the game last weekend and just before Raith scored he seemed to twist something and couldn't track Ross back when he broke free to score.

Edited by RiG

13 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'll be honest here, with your club sitting at the bottom of the league wouldn't it make more sense to bring in a defensive player with a good proven pedigree at Premier League level?

He wouldn’t be being brought in to be first choice immediately, we’ve still got McCart. It would probably be to give him 6 months to learn team and system before replacing McCart in the summer. The issues at saints aren’t defensively, in fact we’re very good defensively by comparison to most of the league, it’s scoring goals that have us where we are in the league. Future planning the defence isn’t the issue it’s sorting the attack asap that is. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

He wouldn’t be being brought in to be first choice immediately, we’ve still got McCart. It would probably be to give him 6 months to learn team and system before replacing McCart in the summer. The issues at saints aren’t defensively, in fact we’re very good defensively by comparison to most of the league, it’s scoring goals that have us where we are in the league. Future planning the defence isn’t the issue it’s sorting the attack asap that is. 

Kind of emphasises my surprise that you’re after him…. Is McCart linked with a move? I’d imagine you’d be prioritising these attacking areas which is why it’s thrown me you’ve offered quite a sizeable sum for Deas.

6 hours ago, Widge said:

Fair enough but I would have thought that your youth set up would have given you the same option without laying out money, plus we would have an add on clause.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Shane Sutherland hit with a Notice of Complaint relating to gambling offences.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19848883.dougie-imrie-among-14-players-staff-charged-alleged-gambling-offences/

Oh No, Djokovich out of the Aussie Open, Prince Andrew losing his HRH, Bojo in deep shite and now this.

6 hours ago, TheInvisibleMan said:

Kind of emphasises my surprise that you’re after him…. Is McCart linked with a move? I’d imagine you’d be prioritising these attacking areas which is why it’s thrown me you’ve offered quite a sizeable sum for Deas.

McCart was heavily linked with Hibs, and apparently approached by them too, in the Summer. Since then his form has completely nosedived and its hard not to think his heads simply not with us anymore. Getting rid of him this month might help us as we don't want to be in a relegation battle with players who know they're off at the end of the season regardless.

It's not a "money for Deas or a striker" choice, we can afford to spend money on both. I'd guess we can't afford to go much higher than the current bid for Deas just now though so the deal is likely dead for now.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Shane Sutherland hit with a Notice of Complaint relating to gambling offences.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19848883.dougie-imrie-among-14-players-staff-charged-alleged-gambling-offences/

Hopefully he gets released.

The more I see the teams around us signing players the less hopeful I am of us challenging for the title. Arbroath have signed Wighton and Hamilton on loan, Killie have got themselves a very good manager and signing some decent players and Raith have strengthened too.  
Whereas we’ve let our main creative spark go in Gardyne. Our squad is pretty thin and as soon as suspensions and injuries start we’ll be down to bare bones. If Dodds/Gardner/Robbo et al can’t see we need some reinforcements then there’s something badly wrong. 

23 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

The more I see the teams around us signing players the less hopeful I am of us challenging for the title. Arbroath have signed Wighton and Hamilton on loan, Killie have got themselves a very good manager and signing some decent players and Raith have strengthened too.  
Whereas we’ve let our main creative spark go in Gardyne. Our squad is pretty thin and as soon as suspensions and injuries start we’ll be down to bare bones. If Dodds/Gardner/Robbo et al can’t see we need some reinforcements then there’s something badly wrong. 

I understand the panic but it’s better to have a tight focused squad than just add folk in for the sake of it. Kilmarnock will add players but the team with the biggest spirit/balls will win this league. Guys parachuted in without commitment are no use. Only get players if they are better than the ones we have. 

8 hours ago, Ott said:

I understand the panic but it’s better to have a tight focused squad than just add folk in for the sake of it. Kilmarnock will add players but the team with the biggest spirit/balls will win this league. Guys parachuted in without commitment are no use. Only get players if they are better than the ones we have. 

I agree but we only have one winger in our squad…. And it’s Tom Walsh.

9 hours ago, Ott said:

I understand your post but you have to admit the last few games have not shown us a tight focused squad, bringing players in have over the years has produced a bounce in most teams especially if positions are at risk.

Edited by SandyCromarty