"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Seen our star striker Scott Boden from our relegation season on MOTD last night starting in Boreham Woods cup shock over Wimbledon. Completely forgot he existed 

I saw him score a couple for Gateshead but that was against Dunston of the Northern League in the FA Cup. Apart from that he’s been at Wrexham, Chesterfield and a loan at Torquay since he left us. His list of clubs reads like a phone book.

On 09/01/2022 at 19:19, The Mantis said:

I saw him score a couple for Gateshead but that was against Dunston of the Northern League in the FA Cup. Apart from that he’s been at Wrexham, Chesterfield and a loan at Torquay since he left us. His list of clubs reads like a phone book.

On 09/01/2022 at 10:18, Central Belt Caley said:

Seen our star striker Scott Boden from our relegation season on MOTD last night starting in Boreham Woods cup shock over Wimbledon. Completely forgot he existed 

He was absolutely hopeless for us.  Chipped in with a few goals at the start of the season and in the League Cup but was by-and-large rubbish.  A complete passenger most of the time.

56 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

He was absolutely hopeless for us.  Chipped in with a few goals at the start of the season and in the League Cup but was by-and-large rubbish.  A complete passenger most of the time.

According to Wiki he only scored once in 13 for us. I can remember him getting 2 in the pre-season game at Buckie and wondering if he would be a good signing 😂

14 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

According to Wiki he only scored once in 13 for us. I can remember him getting 2 in the pre-season game at Buckie and wondering if he would be a good signing 😂

I think wiki only includes league goals. I’m sure he scored a hat trick against Arbroath when we beat them 7-0 in the league cup.

48 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I think wiki only includes league goals. I’m sure he scored a hat trick against Arbroath when we beat them 7-0 in the league cup.

Was a double I think. But he definitely scored more than 1 competitive goal for us. 

24 minutes ago, Ott said:

Wonder if Jake Hastie might be worth a look at. Probably last chance saloon for him after failing to get on at Patrick, however there must be some talent in there! 

He's got a long loan sheet but we are needing a winger, bit tall for a wing flea but I'm traditional and football has moved on from the wee man.

14 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Aye you're right, the summary is P13 G1 but I've just scrolled to the bottom and apparently he has 4 in the LC making 5.

Edit... and thanks to CTO 😉 his league goal was against County and his LC goals were 1 v DUFC and 3 v Arbroath.

Edited by The Mantis

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Did he not score against Cowdenbeath as well?

You’ll have to wait for your biannual visit to CTO to look it up 😜

Spoiler

Draper and Warren. 

Edited by The Mantis

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He any good?

From what I understand he's barely played for Hibs since his move there due to injuries. 

Prior to his move he was in scintillating form with us but for most of season 2020/21 he wasn't really anything special he just seemed to hit upon an incredible purple patch where everything he did seemed to go for him including a stunning strike against Ross County in the Scottish Cup. He predominantly played on the left side of midfield and likes to cut inside a lot to get a shot in. He benefitted from having Scott Allan playing "shroo balls" for him to run onto so maybe someone like Polly could do that for you guys.

With hindsight I think an extra season with us might have done him some good but he couldn't turn down Hibs when they came in for him.

It's getting a bit old now but we had a chat with him for our podcast several months back. Worth a wee listen.