"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

18 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So from the " injury crisis excuse" we moved to the "players aren't good enough excuse" and now we're back to the "injury crisis excuse" pre match.

Fast moving excuses.

Tbf they did ask for them to be allowed to come back a few weeks ago which was knocked back by the SPFL.

• Replies 14k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

15 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

We should have been in Scottish senior football many many years before we did, our set ups were just a good, if not better, as many teams south yet Willie Harkness was the main critic who denied us and kept us out.

Was it not Jack Steedman too? Think he was at Clydebank. 

Agree totally was long overdue  

However I do wonder if we are well run now as Caley and Thistle were back in the day? We don't seem to have ever lost the HL mentality. 

44 minutes ago, lochnesscaley said:

Was it not Jack Steedman too? Think he was at Clydebank. 

Agree totally was long overdue  

However I do wonder if we are well run now as Caley and Thistle were back in the day? We don't seem to have ever lost the HL mentality. 

I didn't know about Steedman's objections, anyway him and his brother were a shady pair as I recall, didn't they sell Clydebank out in some way and left them penniless or some sort of scandal, I think the bankies are still going in junior football.

But Willie Harkness was President of the SFA and Chairman of Queen of the South and was adamant that his Dumfries team would never travel to Inverness for a game.

1 hour ago, QoS99 said:

Thoughts on Neil McCann? Apparently been interviewed for our managers job 

From a Dundee perspective, a rollercoaster of some good stuff, and some absolute mince.

Talks a good game.

2 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

From a Dundee perspective, a rollercoaster of some good stuff, and some absolute mince.

Talks a good game.

Surely a huge improvement on what we have had last few years so would be buzzing with him 

5 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Surely a huge improvement on what we have had last few years so would be buzzing with him 

He signed two or three great players out of nowhere that made us a bit of money, signed dross as well. Quite like him, dissapointed it never worked.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I didn't know about Steedman's objections, anyway him and his brother were a shady pair as I recall, didn't they sell Clydebank out in some way and left them penniless or some sort of scandal, I think the bankies are still going in junior football.

They are still going under the name of Airdrieonians

Just now, houston_bud said:

Good player, fast, direct and has scored a few great goals.

He doesn't really fit our system at the minute so hasn't seen a lot of playing time.

I'd expect him to do well in the Championship but I right in thinking Daniel McKay is a right winger too? Or is he more a forward?

McKay plays down the left but if Jay Henderson is a right sided attacker, I guess that spells news that is troubling for Nathan Shaw, Austin Samuels and no early return for Tom Walsh.

4 minutes ago, TDog said:

Right wing had been a problem position all season. Samuels was never a natural there and Shaw has never convinced

A new centre midfielder next please. 

That is terribly unkind.

Nathan certainly had an extremely slow start (Dennis Wyness anyone?) but has recently come on to a good game so if he's injured, I for one would be very disappointed for him.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Samuels probably returning back to England.

Mysteriously recovering from injury and able to play instantly... 

Loans back, new faces - what's the excuse this time when we still look disjointed and have no shape or defined style of play? Oh yeah, it'll be the bedding in phase and familiarisation which will cover the next few months of managerial ineptitude, all to be lapped up by a portion of fans.

14 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Good player, fast, direct and has scored a few great goals.

He doesn't really fit our system at the minute so hasn't seen a lot of playing time

I'd expect him to do well in the Championship but I right in thinking Daniel McKay is a right winger too? Or is he more a forward?

Bit of a contradiction there I think.

Great player but not good enough for St Mirren at present.

High praise and then a dismissal.

Hopefully he'll do well with us. Good Luck to the lad.

Edited by SandyCromarty

6 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Bit of a contradiction there I think.

Great player but not good enough for St Mirren at present.

High praise and then a dismissal.

Hopefully he'll do well with us. Good Luck to the lad.

It's not a dismissal at all. He's winger, we play with wing backs.

When we have gone with wingers he's played games and done well. I don't think you'll find any St Mirren fans with a bad word to say about him.