• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

5 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

There are (apparently) many fans who found his to be open and engaging leaving fully satisfied that their ears had such pleasures

Some people are impressed by business-speak. All he did was pat on himself on the back and make excuses. 

Have faith guys!

Once the battery farm is done, the concert monies taken, the freeport established, hospitality opened, the West Stand roofed, the community facilities completed, the monorail built and the injured players back we will be a force to be reckoned with in Scottish Football once again! 💪⚽️ #InGardinerWeTrust 

15 minutes ago, Fraz said:

Have faith guys!

Once the battery farm is done, the concert monies taken, the freeport established, hospitality opened, the West Stand roofed, the community facilities completed, the monorail built and the injured players back we will be a force to be reckoned with in Scottish Football once again! 💪⚽️ #InGardinerWeTrust 

Don’t forget about our state of the art gym!

4 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Don’t forget about our state of the art gym!

The gym that we don't use and instead go to Everlast.

The gym that also doesn't have planning permission AFAIK (but there could be a reason for that).

4 hours ago, RiG said:

I genuinely don't know what the club are hoping comes of being part of this free port other than it might allow them to get round some tax laws.

My best guess is that the car park (any other land by the stadium?) can be used for storing goods (bits of off shore wind turbines and the like) which are shipped into the free port, stored within the free port area and then out to the off shore wind farms.

What the going rate is for essentially storage, or why the businesses would pay the club for use of land rather than any other land within the free port, I don’t know.

Also, will there be room for all these tax exempt green goods among the many, many batteries that are incoming any day now?

8 hours ago, Lowrie83 said:

Is any truth to the rumours I've been hearing of a Sheikh looking to heavily invest in your club?

I can't start laughing at all these quips but there's actually some truth in this one and you'll no doubt be familiar with Sheikh Quorqoq 

2 hours ago, sophia said:

I can't start laughing at all these quips but there's actually some truth in this one and you'll no doubt be familiar with Sheikh Quorqoq 

I actually heard it was Sheikh Emvaq

Edited by Lowrie83

19 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Maybe the freeport will allow players to fall off the back of a Dutch trawler while it's docked?

It would end up being a bit clogged up.

5 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

My best guess is that the car park (any other land by the stadium?) can be used for storing goods (bits of off shore wind turbines and the like) which are shipped into the free port, stored within the free port area and then out to the off shore wind farms.

What the going rate is for essentially storage, or why the businesses would pay the club for use of land rather than any other land within the free port, I don’t know.

Also, will there be room for all these tax exempt green goods among the many, many batteries that are incoming any day now?

I thought Tulloch still own the car parks.

15 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

With Nigg also granted the same status which is a huge facility along with all the required onsite engineering infrastructure already being used for both O&G plus renewables then all Inverness will get is the dregs of workscopes. Even if they are significantly cheaper in costs there is the hassles of intermediate road transit from harbour to stadium, not to mention the limits on vessel size for mobilising etc. Overall the big winner in the Highlands with the freeport status is County if Uncle Roy decided to open the wallet further. 

Not saying there isn't opportunities especially around new technology start ups and development within the city area but unlikely we will become 'ballers' using car park storage.

Your ri

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

With Nigg also granted the same status which is a huge facility along with all the required onsite engineering infrastructure already being used for both O&G plus renewables then all Inverness will get is the dregs of workscopes. Even if they are significantly cheaper in costs there is the hassles of intermediate road transit from harbour to stadium, not to mention the limits on vessel size for mobilising etc. Overall the big winner in the Highlands with the freeport status is County if Uncle Roy decided to open the wallet further. 

Not saying there isn't opportunities especially around new technology start ups and development within the city area but unlikely we will become 'ballers' using car park storage.

Your right, Nigg would have priority, the acreage is immense for storage, the dry dock with it's submersible gates is one of the largest in the UK and it has a slipway allowing heavy vehicles into the dock, accessibility is easily navigable through the Sutors. I wouldn't see the need to use Inverness harbour given the limited storage area plus there is frequent use of the facility by log carrier coasters and coastal tankers, as far as the stadium is concerned then the only beneficiary for storage fees would be Tullochs.

On 25/02/2023 at 16:41, Highland Capital said:

Someone at the time on CaleyThistleOnline tried to defend him by questioning what kind of shoe it was!

He's Dutch so it would have been a clog.  Proper offensive weapon.  Disgusting behaviour.

The first thing the ICT fans should do is put a lot of pressure on the club to get rid of that clown Gardiner 

He has failed at every single club he has been at, leaving a mess at Dundee, and stand with no seats at Hearts as well as being removed from post at Spurs and Rangers. How do these people keep getting jobs in football?

The cup quarter final on the BBC would be a good place to show the frustration the club has with the direction its going.

1 hour ago, realmadrid said:

The first thing the ICT fans should do is put a lot of pressure on the club to get rid of that clown Gardiner 

He has failed at every single club he has been at, leaving a mess at Dundee, and stand with no seats at Hearts as well as being removed from post at Spurs and Rangers. How do these people keep getting jobs in football?

The cup quarter final on the BBC would be a good place to show the frustration the club has with the direction its going.

Interesting question which easily applies to the Scottish Clubs Managers merry-go-round, Jim Goodwin the latest to jump off and land a job and Jim Duffy being the King with 10 jobs so far.

12 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Jim Goodwin the latest to jump off and land a job

Controversially I actually think JG has shown in spells he can be a good manager and also speaks well and seems professional. Going to Dutd was a surprise, however if he fails there (so quickly on the back of the Dons) and is punted in the summer, I wouldn't be adverse to him being approached as our next boss. He will have pretty low stock then and probably have to accept dropping down a level for a job, he also has experience of low budget and P/T football with Alloa. Given his need to rebuild a career at that point, he'd probably be within budget too.

On 28/02/2023 at 12:50, Stephen Malkmus said:

Battery storage project is actually an anagram of "end of season fire sale"

Actual anagram “Arab pretty rejects togo”…maybe the Freeport will be used to import displaced Arab ladies to match with grumpy old football fans? Might be lucrative.