"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

They, whoever they are, Directors? must have been putting in big bucks as the prize money, gate receipts and Radio/TV money over the three games was substantial, Celtic received over £600,000 prize money for the final alone.

Obviously there were operating costs and tax after that.

They must have put in contractual loans which will show in next years set of accounts.

But it begs the question as to why no real money was set aside for transfers.

Years to come Dodds will use the injuries and lack of money excuses for his failures.

While we languish in the lower leagues.

They are/were 

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

He's taken the like off now but it's not a good look for the club been hearing loads of rumours about how the dressing room has lost respect and faith in Dodds. Some players straight out can't stand him and wee things like this only confirms he's not a popular figure in the dressing room...20230825_122732.thumb.jpg.943d6abee67b0d77af1207e87d3cf702.jpg20230825_122735.thumb.jpg.e3caa82970daf6e4bee6c14d1ce211dc.jpg

2 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Apart from Arbroath I am struggling to see who we are better than. Ayr maybe? Then again they did just beat us and have brought Logan Chalmers in. Airdrie? Based off of the League Cup game they looked like a decent side and played good football. 9th could be a genuine possibility and I can't see us getting higher than 7th.

We have a soft as shit defence, with no depth to it, only Shaw who could be described as a threat out wide and midfield centrally hasn't look great either. Some of the players in our squad are far too good for a relegation battle but the way we are now I could see us being involved in one.

A team with some glaringly obvious weaknesses and a shite manager is a recipe for disaster.

No doubt unless we start to dramatically turn things around that it'll be ourselves and Arbroath fighting to avoid the automatic drop maybe the odd team joining on us on the back of bad form... you're right can't see us finishing above 7th we're just not good enough even with some of the quality players we do have they're surrounded by bang average league 1/2 players who just simply ain't good enough. 

Avoiding the bottom 2 is the main objective surely even the board can see that now.....  no way are we getting promoted with this sqaud 

Getting this in before the Airdrie game and remembering we had our record loss there... even though it was a blip which occasionally happened under Pele.

5 most depressing ICT results:

5- ICT v Partick Thistle, Scottish Cup, February 2006. The OF were both out. Thistle were 2 divisions below us. Liam Fox was one on one with the keeper to make it 3-1 late on, but missed, and Thistle went up the park to equalise after Paul Ritchie won a spot kick. We dominated the replay but were absolutely toothless, and there followed possibly the worst set of penalties by ICT apart from the infamous 2-0 shoot-out at Stirling. Sheer hatred from the Thistle fans over both legs, probably due to the fiasco where we took their place in the SPL.

Partick lost narrowly at Tynecastle in the next round and Hearts eventually beat Gretna in the final.

4- ICT 0 Falkirk 1, 23/5/09. Tokely sent off in the first half, ICT cling on until Higdon scores with 20 mins left.
Despite having 37 points ICT are relegated on goal difference from St Mirren, behind Falkirk on 38.
ICT could have been safe with 2 games to go on a Wednesday night at Motherwell where they lost an equaliser with 10 minutes left in a 2-2 draw.
ICT had also won 2-1 at St Mirren and hit the woodwork a couple of times late on. An extra goal there would have done it, but auntie/baws etc.

3- Alloa 1 ICT 0, 9/8/16. ICT knocked out of the League Cup by a team 2 divisions below, early on in Foran’s reign. Most of us could see the disaster that was about to unfold…

2- Hamilton 3 ICT 0, 31/1/17. The night Foran should have been sacked. We trail along to NDP on a Tuesday night expecting a win which will take us above Accies and out of the danger zone. We go behind then Tansey misses a penalty. We collapse, and it’s still only January but we all know what’s coming.

1- Sheer heartbreak. Scottish Cup, Quarter Final, 25/2/07. ICT 1 Celtic 2. We lead through a Graham Bayne goal early on. Celtic are poor and seldom threaten. With three minutes to go, we’re looking forward to another Hampden appearance, and 4 Jungle Jims in front of us in the North Stand slink away, to jeers of derision, having seen enough. In 89 minutes Pressley equalises and we resign ourselves to a replay at CP. But Kenny Miller scores in stoppage time and we’re out.

The other semi-finalists are St Johnstone, Hibs and Dunfermline. Definitely winnable.

28 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Getting this in before the Airdrie game and remembering we had our record loss there... even though it was a blip which occasionally happened under Pele.

5- ICT v Partick Thistle, Scottish Cup, February 2006. The OF were both out. Thistle were 2 divisions below us. Liam Fox was one on one with the keeper to make it 3-1 late on, but missed, and Thistle went up the park to equalise after Paul Ritchie won a spot kick. We dominated the replay but were absolutely toothless, and there followed possibly the worst set of penalties by ICT apart from the infamous 2-0 shoot-out at Stirling. Sheer hatred from the Thistle fans over both legs, probably due to the fiasco where we took their place in the SPL.

Partick lost narrowly at Tynecastle in the next round and Hearts eventually beat Gretna in the final.

4- ICT 0 Falkirk 1, 23/5/09. Tokely sent off in the first half, ICT cling on until Higdon scores with 20 mins left.
Despite having 37 points ICT are relegated on goal difference from St Mirren, behind Falkirk on 38.
ICT could have been safe with 2 games to go on a Wednesday night at Motherwell where they lost an equaliser with 10 minutes left in a 2-2 draw.
ICT had also won 2-1 at St Mirren and hit the woodwork a couple of times late on. An extra goal there would have done it, but auntie/baws etc.

3- Alloa 1 ICT 0, 9/8/16. ICT knocked out of the League Cup by a team 2 divisions below, early on in Foran’s reign. Most of us could see the disaster that was about to unfold…

2- Hamilton 3 ICT 0, 31/1/17. The night Foran should have been sacked. We trail along to NDP on a Tuesday night expecting a win which will take us above Accies and out of the danger zone. We go behind then Tansey misses a penalty. We collapse, and it’s still only January but we all know what’s coming.

1- Sheer heartbreak. Scottish Cup, Quarter Final, 25/2/07. ICT 1 Celtic 2. We lead through a Graham Bayne goal early on. Celtic are poor and seldom threaten. With three minutes to go, we’re looking forward to another Hampden appearance, and 4 Jungle Jims in front of us in the North Stand slink away, to jeers of derision, having seen enough. In 89 minutes Pressley equalises and we resign ourselves to a replay at CP. But Kenny Miller scores in stoppage time and we’re out.

The other semi-finalists are St Johnstone, Hibs and Dunfermline. Definitely winnable.

I was at a home game against Ross County years back where they ripped us apart 1-5, that was fuckin deppressing.

Edited by SandyCromarty

42 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I was at this one and I remember not feeling overly bothered given we’d pumped Dunfermline 5-1 a few weeks earlier and just put it down to a cup upset. I do remember us creating absolutely nothing in the Alloa game though. 

What really worried me was the 5-1 scudding we took off Hearts at Tynecastle a few weeks later. We looked an absolute rabble at the back and it’s still to this day the only game I’ve left early. I thought after that game we were in big trouble. 

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Reckon you'll be completing an entirely new set in 12 months time tbh.

Bottom of the league.

Last season I came in for flak from some quarters for posting my thoughts on Dodds poor management, I posted exactly how I saw the shite being played out on the park, excuses were frequently being trotted out on here and in the media putting the problem directly onto an injury crisis which to me was an obvious deflection from Dodds poor tactical nous and man management.

Thankfully I now see we are all on the same page.

Problem is we have a financial problem which means this fool will continue. 

6 hours ago, approximately dave said:

First time and last time I walked out before the final whistle.

In an ominous memory, I recall a miserable 0-6 hounding at, er, Airdrie in the early 2000s. For some bizarre reason I stayed until the end.

Of course, it was in the Pele era, and the result could easily have been reversed if played again.

Now, however...

4 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Bottom of the league.

Last season I came in for flak from some quarters for posting my thoughts on Dodds poor management, I posted exactly how I saw the shite being played out on the park, excuses were frequently being trotted out on here and in the media putting the problem directly onto an injury crisis which to me was an obvious deflection from Dodds poor tactical nous and man management.

Problem is we have a financial problem which means this fool will continue. 

The problem is our issues run deeper than just Dodds. The CEO and Sporting Director should receive equal scrutiny, those two are every bit as guilty as the manager. The squad isn’t good enough either. I agree it’s a jobs for the boys outfit with the CEO and SD, making a quick fix all the more difficult.

I would recommend steering clear of making this a told you so situation, it’s slightly odd trying to make it about you.

I was described as being pro Dodds for maintaining (I still maintain) that while Dodds isn’t a good manager, injuries were the biggest problem last season which was proven correct. You aren’t proving anyone wrong unfortunately. This season however there’s no excuses.

41 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

The problem is our issues run deeper than just Dodds. The CEO and Sporting Director should receive equal scrutiny, those two are every bit as guilty as the manager. The squad isn’t good enough either. I agree it’s a jobs for the boys outfit with the CEO and SD, making a quick fix all the more difficult.

I would recommend steering clear of making this a told you so situation, it’s slightly odd trying to make it about you.

I was described as being pro Dodds for maintaining (I still maintain) that while Dodds isn’t a good manager, injuries were the biggest problem last season which was proven correct. You aren’t proving anyone wrong unfortunately. This season however there’s no excuses.

Totally agree that having an inept Dodds as manager is just the symptom, Gardiner/Robbo along with an invisible chairman are the issue. 

Morrison is happy to leave absolutely everything to Gardiner and stick his head in the sand  and Gardiner is too narcissistic to ever admit that he's ever made a mistake with Dodds. Meanwhile Robbo is in Dingwall taking a second wage from the BBC. 

One nice wee circle jerk where nobody will ever be held accountable while our club drifts to oblivion. 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

^^^ pending citation.

Catastrophic episodic defending

A midfield depleted with what's left not presently good enough

Blunt as a fish knife up front

Apart from that everything is fine

Dodds can be judged for results and style on the pitch. I think the majority of fans have decided, plus many players.

As for John Robertson I listened to the podcast with the CEO in November last weekend. He described JR as not only a Sporting Director, but performing 3 other roles.

These are overseeing the west stand which is irrelevant, it’s shelved while fundraising. A club ambassador, who spends his weekends commentating for Ross County or selling his book at Tynecastle. He’s apparently overseeing the community hub. Finally, as Sporting Director he has lost his eye for a player, our recruitment has been mainly awful. He’s failing in his “role” and should leave.

The CEO,  brought us PUMA kits, a new website (?) and initially got us fees for departing players (which in fairness he said he would do) but he has done little right since.

The Concert Company was entirely his fault and the Pixellot camera was a total disaster amongst others. He  mentioned the club will be sourcing external funding from a Battery Farm and will benefit from the Freeport - where’s any update on this? If the external funding doesn’t come to fruition, he hasn’t justified his large salary and should leave too.

The baldy sports scientist? The Maltese Doctor? Barry Wilson? Have they improved things?

11 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Dodds can be judged for results and style on the pitch. I think the majority of fans have decided, plus many players.

As for John Robertson I listened to the podcast with the CEO in November last weekend. He described JR as not only a Sporting Director, but performing 3 other roles.

These are overseeing the west stand which is irrelevant, it’s shelved while fundraising. A club ambassador, who spends his weekends commentating for Ross County or selling his book at Tynecastle. He’s apparently overseeing the community hub. Finally, as Sporting Director he has lost his eye for a player, our recruitment has been mainly awful. He’s failing in his “role” and should leave.

The CEO,  brought us PUMA kits, a new website (?) and initially got us fees for departing players (which in fairness he said he would do) but he has done little right since.

The Concert Company was entirely his fault and the Pixellot camera was a total disaster amongst others. He  mentioned the club will be sourcing external funding from a Battery Farm and will benefit from the Freeport - where’s any update on this? If the external funding doesn’t come to fruition, he hasn’t justified his large salary and should leave too.

The baldy sports scientist? The Maltese Doctor? Barry Wilson? Have they improved things?

The Community Hub is managed by the ICT Community Trust not Robbo. Though I believe to be fair he did attend a couple of Community Council meetings a while back. 

Our club is about football, no more no less, the club does not exist otherwise, to see the present mismanagement whether on the pitch or otherwise or is a total mess, this has gone on for too long, the coaching staff and the board are clearly incompetent and their projection is towards part time football to save costs.