"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

This is the same Dodds that got to the playoff final 2 seasons ago and the Scottish Cup final last season, with those injury and financial problems you mention. I think you need a very good manager to do better than Dodds - looking from the outside.

He finished 6th in the league he should be sacked for that, Hope this helps 

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

Just now, approximately dave said:

New signings imminent.

'One or two in' before Friday.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6071911/caley-thistle-signings-imminent-after-defeat-leads-to-bottom-spot/

Dodds -

He said: “Hopefully we get one or two in. They need it because they are fragile bunch with a lot of young lads in there. We need people who are going to grind it out with attitude.

“We are a good team, but we aren’t giving ourselves a chance – we have done it from the start of the season, and we are continuing it, and it has to stop. We are not getting rewards.''

So are we getting a new center back?

We could do with four or five new faces rather than just one or two.

Is it a happy ship though right now, previous posts have mentioned that players are from happy with the manager.

Players and agents scan these forums and are aware of any discontent at clubs.

From experience a ship/rig can be in poor shape but if it's a happy ship then you have a happy crew willing to work.

1 minute ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Seems odd bringing in another CM. Reckon that means Welsh and/or Roddy will be out for longer than we realise?

Roddy needs another operation. We won't see him for a while.

On 27/08/2023 at 13:04, jagsfan57 said:

This is the same Dodds that got to the playoff final 2 seasons ago and the Scottish Cup final last season, with those injury and financial problems you mention. I think you need a very good manager to do better than Dodds - looking from the outside.

You're either Steven Thompson or Ally McCoist.

7 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Seems odd bringing in another CM. Reckon that means Welsh and/or Roddy will be out for longer than we realise?

I mean mean we still have Gilmour, Carson, Hyde, Bray and Harper( if we get another defender) that can all play in the middle.

Would be a pointless signing, when everyone else can see centre back and right wing, is where welack quality 

Second touch is a tackle. Think a very young Mark O'Hara. Full blooded, ball winner, aggressive, not very composed, bit all over the shop. Talent to have a decent career but fell down the pecking order a wee bit. Needs games.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Second touch is a tackle. Think a very young Mark O'Hara. Full blooded, ball winner, aggressive, not very composed, bit all over the shop. Talent to have a decent career but fell down the pecking order a wee bit. Needs games.

Pretty much what Ludo said.

Lots of effort which saw him ahead of the other young midfielders we had for a while. Lacks in composure and quality that if he had that trained in to him along with regular game time he would be a much better player. 

His best spell was doing the hard yards along side Charlie Adam so if you can set him loose to win the ball back and pass on to a playmaker then it could be a good combination. I don't know enough about Inverness to say whether you have that or not.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Happy with that, our midfield has been looking poor, now we just need a left back, centre back x 2, a right back, a right winger, a manager and new ceo before deadline day. 

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

In that case he'll make a great understudy to David Carson.

Our attack has the ability to take chances and our defence has the potential to cut out the game by game calamities but to go with the midfield we have is a recipe for no game control whatsoever so I welcome the reinforcement and whatever financial contribution is being made to Anderson's wages.

I have to add my congratulations @Ludo*1 you are joined by several other Dee contributors on this page and there is nary a mention of our manager or CEO. Does this indicate a hint of Dee detente?