• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

13 hours ago, AirdrieFanTV said:

Nice to catch up with a couple of you, including my dad's auld Uni pal at HT!

That's not the ICT fan at the 5:07 mark is it? He was my old biology teacher at Culloden Academy 8)

36 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I knew we hadn’t scored much but bottom out of all the SPFL is brutal :lol:

Edit: just realised it’s total goals per game and not just how many we’ve scored, idiot 

The only team to have scored fewer than us in the SPFL are St. Johnstone, who have scored 5 compared to our 8. Elgin have also scored 8.

Hopefully we can soon bump this total up using our patented low cut backs to the penalty spot/edge of the box.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

Becoming hard to beat and stop us giving away stupid goals caused by individual errors (fresh air swings at the ball/passes straight to opposition strikers) was Ferguson's first task.  Dropping Devine and Delaney from the 2 centre half births has hopefully seen to that.  Scoring more goals is his next task IMO.

We need another striker to help McKay.  Samuels is injured too often and Lodovica is Highland League standard.

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I knew we hadn’t scored much but bottom out of all the SPFL is brutal :lol:

Edit: just realised it’s total goals per game and not just how many we’ve scored, idiot 

Only game in the league in which we scored more then 1 goals was the 3-2 away win over Arbroath. Every other time has been in the cups 2-1 home win over Bonnyrig, 3-2 home lose to Airdrie and a 4-2 away defeat to Arbroath in the Challenge Cup.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Becoming hard to beat and stop us giving away stupid goals caused by individual errors (fresh air swings at the ball/passes straight to opposition strikers) was Ferguson's first task.  Dropping Devine and Delaney from the 2 centre half births has hopefully seen to that.  Scoring more goals is his next task IMO.

We need another striker to help McKay.  Samuels is injured too often and Lodovica is Highland League standard.

Samuels is also frustratingly inconsistent . Hasn't been the same player since 2021/22 😕 . Lodoivica is just hopeless god knows why we signed him. Maybe once Sheridan gets more sharp and fit he can help Billy out. Luckily we have Shaw and Wotherspoon to contribute but we need more then that. 

8 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Samuels is also frustratingly inconsistent . Hasn't been the same player since 2021/22 😕 . Lodoivica is just hopeless god knows why we signed him. Maybe once Sheridan gets more sharp and fit he can help Billy out. Luckily we have Shaw and Wotherspoon to contribute but we need more then that. 

Aye, apart from his purple match from March to May 2022, which saw us get to the Premiership Play Off final, I'd be happy to see him go and use his salary to get someone else in.  Lodovica was a Robertson signing I believe.  Another good reason to not renew his contract when it expires in June.

I think Robbo will leave at the end of the season.
I noticed that Dodds was 'Head Coach' while Dunc is 'Manager', I think that maybe suggests Dunc taking on much of the Sporting Director's role, certainly on the football side at least.

Udjur has proved to be a really positive signing so far.  I think the impact the new manager has had on the existing players has been huge, even just listening to him talk after games is night and day to the previous manager.

58 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

I think Robbo will leave at the end of the season.
I noticed that Dodds was 'Head Coach' while Dunc is 'Manager', I think that maybe suggests Dunc taking on much of the Sporting Director's role, certainly on the football side at least.

Udjur has proved to be a really positive signing so far.  I think the impact the new manager has had on the existing players has been huge, even just listening to him talk after games is night and day to the previous manager.

The post game interviews are full of positivity now compared to Dodds's excuses and blame.

All very encouraging for players and fans, long may that  continue.

23 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The post game interviews are full of positivity now compared to Dodds's excuses and blame.

All very encouraging for players and fans, long may that  continue.

No just the positivity, after the Utd game he was explaining why he'd went with 5 in defence with 3 centre backs, explained the reasoning behind it and how it had worked (which he was really positive and pleased about), it was good to hear that.  Like I said, a big difference to the previous manager.

To be fair to Dodds he was mostly very positive in his interviews, the problem was he was often being positive about negative results!

41 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

To be fair to Dodds he was mostly very positive in his interviews, the problem was he was often being positive about negative results!

There were a couple of interviews I recall where Dodds noted the problem with the players / formation / tactics in specific games but seldom seemed to do anything about it. Hugely frustrating at times to hear him state he saw there was a problem but seemingly did nothing about it.

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

There were a couple of interviews I recall where Dodds noted the problem with the players / formation / tactics in specific games but seldom seemed to do anything about it. Hugely frustrating at times to hear him state he saw there was a problem but seemingly did nothing about it.

He clearly didn't know how to, that's his issue.  

There never seemed to be any clear game tactics under Dodds, I  recall Broadfoot openly criticising the players after one game saying it was nothing to do with Dodds and the poor result was the fault of the players and now we know that was a crock of shit when we have the same players turning out good games under a manager who knows his job.