"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

How's Boyes getting on? We've just let a CB leave, and have been talking about signing a new one. Would probably make sense to recall him if he's been decent. 

We've also got previous for pulling those loans that are doing well back in January and asking for a fee to sign them permanently. I can't see us sitting letting the situation continue as is if he's doing well.

• Replies 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

2 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

How's Boyes getting on? We've just let a CB leave, and have been talking about signing a new one. Would probably make sense to recall him if he's been decent. 

We've also got previous for pulling those loans that are doing well back in January and asking for a fee to sign them permanently. I can't see us sitting letting the situation continue as is if he's doing well.

He’s been doing well I think, some of our fans who’ve been to more games might think otherwise. Anytime I’ve seen him he’s looked pretty solid. Been playing left side of a back 3 can tell he’s still young and has a mistake or two in him though. 

I did worry a bit that after seeing Martindales comments in the media he might be recalled but fingers crossed he’s not. 

How’s Daniel Mackay getting on with you guys? 

I'd agree Boyes looks pretty solid and competent at this level whether he's ready to step up to Premiership level its not so easy to say. Definitely looks like he has potential to be a decent player.

Although it's also worth noting how bad some of our squad are its not a stretch to look decent amongst the dross and limited options.

Would rather keep him for the rest of the season than have the alternatives on offer

29 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He’s been doing well I think, some of our fans who’ve been to more games might think otherwise. Anytime I’ve seen him he’s looked pretty solid. Been playing left side of a back 3 can tell he’s still young and has a mistake or two in him though. 

I did worry a bit that after seeing Martindales comments in the media he might be recalled but fingers crossed he’s not. 

He looked okay but was being forced in at RWB but still performed well. A shame for him was that he got injured in a reserve game end of October and has been out since. He was on the bench v Hearts though, so maybe a big second half of the season to come.

8 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

8 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

I'd agree Boyes looks pretty solid and competent at this level whether he's ready to step up to Premiership level its not so easy to say. Definitely looks like he has potential to be a decent player.

Although it's also worth noting how bad some of our squad are its not a stretch to look decent amongst the dross and limited options.

Would rather keep him for the rest of the season than have the alternatives on offer

Another CB leaving us in Parkes apparently, away to Hartlepool. I'd say there will be something on Boyes soon given how we handled things like this in the past. Maybe Martindale doesn't really fancy having him back though. If Parkes is gone, it leaves us with about 4 CBs and two that can fill in there, in a team that plays 3 CBs.

Edited by ATLIS

On 05/01/2024 at 09:49, ATLIS said:

As you by now know Boyz in the Hood scored a couple for us yesterday giving us a much needed win, hopefully he'll happily see the season out with us, however I doubt it seeing as you're struggling in the PL you may think he's what you need right now.

20 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

As you by now know Boyz in the Hood scored a couple for us yesterday giving us a much needed win, hopefully he'll happily see the season out with us, however I doubt it seeing as you're struggling in the PL you may think he's what you need right now.

Yesterday was a game that seemed so far away

On 05/01/2024 at 09:49, ATLIS said:

He’s shite Mr Martindale. Honestly. Best to leave him where he is.

Just listened to the Wyness Shuffle pre-Christmas pod so it’s slightly out of date but they seemed to allude to there being no chance of an interview with Dunc. Anyone know if the clubs fell out with the lads that do the pod? 

The snippet of the interview with Dodds was interesting. Kept referring to Robbo as “the wee man” which was a bit odd. Might be me looking too much into it. The full interview will be interesting when it’s released

31 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Just listened to the Wyness Shuffle pre-Christmas pod so it’s slightly out of date but they seemed to allude to there being no chance of an interview with Dunc. Anyone know if the clubs fell out with the lads that do the pod? 

The snippet of the interview with Dodds was interesting. Kept referring to Robbo as “the wee man” which was a bit odd. Might be me looking too much into it. The full interview will be interesting when it’s released

Yeah, Gardiner has fallen out with the Podcast guys and they’ve been told no players or management will be available to go on it.

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That’s a shambles from Gardiner, but ultimately I’m not surprised 

That’s come from the Podcast guys themselves. But aye, the least surprising thing ever. Apparently no one at the club likes him or can be arsed with him.

38 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah, Gardiner has fallen out with the Podcast guys and they’ve been told no players or management will be available to go on it.

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

As @TheScarf says we aren't being given access to players, coaching staff etc for interviews for the pod. Previously, we just slid into their DMs for a chat and then we had to go through the club / Gardiner before chatting to folks which was fair enough I guess. However recently, for whatever reason, we aren't being allowed to chat to anyone at ICT.

For personal reasons I've not been as involved in the pod over the last few months so I am not sure if there have been more in depth chats about why this has happened. Sadly I don't think we can expect any players from the club appearing any time soon which is obviously a real shame but there isn't too much we can do about it. 

Edited by RiG

2 hours ago, RiG said:

As @TheScarf says we aren't being given access to players, coaching staff etc for interviews for the pod. Previously, we just slid into their DMs for a chat and then we had to go through the club / Gardiner before chatting to folks which was fair enough I guess. However recently, for whatever reason, we aren't being allowed to chat to anyone at ICT.

For personal reasons I've not been as involved in the pod over the last few months so I am not sure if there have been more in depth chats about why this has happened. Sadly I don't think we can expect any players from the club appearing any time soon which is obviously a real shame but there isn't too much we can do about it. 

Disappointing from the club, never thought you were guys were overly critical of them. Far more positive than most of us on here anyway

Enjoyed the most recent one regardless and looking forward to hearing the Dodds interview 

17 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Gardiner though has plenty of time to give the supporters of the Rangers woman's team a tour of the boardroom at half time. Got a special thanks on X. Probably cheering every one of the 12 goals that Inverness conceded.

36 minutes ago, CityDave94 said:

Gardiner though has plenty of time to give the supporters of the Rangers woman's team a tour of the boardroom at half time. Got a special thanks on X. Probably cheering every one of the 12 goals that Inverness conceded.

I'd imagine so given he's the biggest *** in Scotland, and I'm including the *** hotbeds of Lanarkshire, Fife and Ayrshire when I say that.

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

Likely enjoyed the glorious 12th best though