• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

On 11/03/2024 at 09:54, D TOTAL said:

How’s Max and cammy getting on, helpful signings?

Max underwhelming. Came in with a lot of energy, but think he's gone backwards further into the season 

Cammy been surprisingly good. 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-special-terry-butcher-opens-up-on-his-inverne-344880/

No surprises that Butcher regrets leaving us to go to Hibs, for all his faults he was a pretty good manager for us

He signed our greatest ever team.  The contacts he had and the pull his name has had quality players falling over each other to sign for us. He's a The Caley legend in my eyes.  I'll ignore the black mark against him, which is his political views.

I've got a framed, signed shirt from the 2009/10 season, fantastic manager.  

I do think you can trace some of the problems we have now back to his tenure, although they aren't really things that he did wrong.  By all accounts Butcher ran the club, he was in charge of everything.  He left and Hughes developed the squad Butcher put together but as soon as it came time to renew and rebuild, things started going South.  The fact that Butcher was such a big figure at the club allowed the board at the time to abdicate responsibility for developing proper structures at the club and that came back to bite us.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I've got a framed, signed shirt from the 2009/10 season, fantastic manager.  

I do think you can trace some of the problems we have now back to his tenure, although they aren't really things that he did wrong.  By all accounts Butcher ran the club, he was in charge of everything.  He left and Hughes developed the squad Butcher put together but as soon as it came time to renew and rebuild, things started going South.  The fact that Butcher was such a big figure at the club allowed the board at the time to abdicate responsibility for developing proper structures at the club and that came back to bite us.

I've heard that too, a much smaller and shorter version of what Sir Alex Ferguson's tenure at Man United was like, and look at the nick of them these days.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He signed our greatest ever team.  The contacts he had and the pull his name has had quality players falling over each other to sign for us. He's a The Caley legend in my eyes.  I'll ignore the black mark against him, which is his political views.

I remember all the English lads that came up cited him as one of the reasons for joining. 

Loved the football we played under him, diagonals to Foran for him to knock them down to Mckay,Doran etc was great to watch. 

Still remember the game where we beat Hibs 2-0 and he was sat in the directors box with their board. Good atmosphere that day :lol: Think I’ve got over the way he left and appreciate what he done for us now 

Not surprised he’s a Tory tbf 

I'm a big Stevie Paterson fan considering how he put some great teams together in the lower leagues, but for me Terry Butcher was the outright best manager we've had so far, he brought some good players and moulded them into great teams, Marley Watkins ffs. Great days where we fans attended every game absolutely sure we were going to win.

I'll  never forget when Terry walked onto the pitch at Ibrox pre game and a roar went up from the home fans yet Terry ignored them as he walked over to our corner wedge stood in front of us and applauded!! Fantastic, then he turned to the Rangers fans and gave them a wave.

Aye Terry was the man for us.

He has come through bad times with the loss of his son.

*Absolutely not stirring or gloating*

I heard through the grapevine that ICT may be announcing Administration on Friday... is it likely there is any truth to this? I've obviously read Ross Morrison's comments on the Battery Storage (I assumed these were more to put pressure on The HC), but are things really at that dire a stage?

31 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

*Absolutely not stirring or gloating*

I heard through the grapevine that ICT may be announcing Administration on Friday... is it likely there is any truth to this? I've obviously read Ross Morrison's comments on the Battery Storage (I assumed these were more to put pressure on The HC), but are things really at that dire a stage?

As soon as Friday? No I wouldn't have thought so. A lot does depend on the outcome of the vote on the battery farm tomorrow though. We have got absolutely f**k all cash. They admitted at the meeting last week that they had to ask for an advance on the Scottish Cup semi final money from a few years back against Hearts. a question was asked about the club only having reserves to cover three months. These found this hilarious, one response was I wish it was that much.

The directors have been funding the losses ever since we have been in the championship and it is coming to the time where they no longer want to be doing so, no wonder tbh. I think they will continue to cover the loses for this and next season but after that you are talking about Admin/Part-time football if we lose the battery farm vote/cash. Take that with a pinch of salt though as that is pure speculation on my part.

Loads of whining and objections to the proposed Battery Storage project on Facebooks Inverness Awareness page.

Some balanced against arguments but mainly the usual nimby moans.

In these cash strapped times for councils you would think the Council will vote in favour given the business rates income the project will generate. 

I fully expect the vote to go against the battery farm and for us to go into administration.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the club went out of business and this is our last season.

That Fiona Mac character on Inverness awareness seems like an absolute roaster. Completely unable to back up any of their points when challenged. 

28 minutes ago, RiG said:

That Fiona Mac character on Inverness awareness seems like an absolute roaster. Completely unable to back up any of their points when challenged. 

I've just had a glance at that page. It appears to contain all the biggest thickos in town and a bizarre amount of glee at the Everlast gym closing down.

29 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

All the Campbells and Alasdairs from Ardnamurchan and Eigg should have no business being able to vote on this application. 

An Inverness City Council is long overdue.  Need to get rid of all these sort having a say in the running of our great city.

9 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I've just had a glance at that page. It appears to contain all the biggest thickos in town and a bizarre amount of glee at the Everlast gym closing down.

Her comments can basically be summarised as "Build it somewhere else just not near me". Don't get me wrong, ICT have played a bit of a minter in this as well but some of those opposing the scheme are displaying classic teuchter mentality. And yes, a strange number of people really excited about a gym closing down to be replaced by a *checks notes*....bowling alley...

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Are Caley really in danger here?

If what fans have been told at recent supporters meetings is true then yes. If this doesn't go ahead we miss out on a lump sum of a couple of million IIRC and we are looking at part time football in the very near future if not administration as the current board will only cover our losses for so long. Obviously this sucks but on the plus side it will hopefully mean Scot Gardiner sods off for good. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Loads of whining and objections to the proposed Battery Storage project on Facebooks Inverness Awareness page.

Some balanced against arguments but mainly the usual nimby moans.

In these cash strapped times for councils you would think the Council will vote in favour given the business rates income the project will generate. 

How much did your bankrupt live event company generate for the cash-strapped local authority? 

4 minutes ago, RiG said:

If what fans have been told at recent supporters meetings is true then yes. If this doesn't go ahead we miss out on a lump sum of a couple of million IIRC and we are looking at part time football in the very near future if not administration as the current board will only cover our losses for so long. 

Part-time football does not equate danger to the existence of a football club.

Until Inverness from board room level down accept the fundamental concept of actually paying out only what their own income generates and sucking up whatever level they end up playing at as a result, any outside sympathy should be reduced to zero.