"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

5 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Someone suggesting that the space shouldn't be used because in the winter it's a popular area for sledging. 

😂😂 surely not? They obviously don’t have a clue because the area of land this covers there is no place to sledge. The wee slopes around it are all covered in trees.

32 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Huge moment for fans of football club seething statements.

It is going to be a fantastic reads for supporters of every other club. 

For us however it’s going to be incredibly embarrassing.

It's likely to be approved on appeal to the SG, but fuck me, I'm sick to fucking death about hearing about this cunting battery farm.

Edit - Scot Gardiner is a bald, *** bastard too. It's good to remind everyone every so often.

Edited by TheScarf

2 hours ago, virginton said:

Part-time football does not equate danger to the existence of a football club.

Until Inverness from board room level down accept the fundamental concept of actually paying out only what their own income generates and sucking up whatever level they end up playing at as a result, any outside sympathy should be reduced to zero. 

Our accounts for the last few years have been a shitshow with consistent ongoing concerns about the club as a viable business. The wolves have been kept from the door with the proposed revenue from ill fated schemes as the ICT Concert Company and this battery scheme bringing in additional cash to help save the day. They've all been executed really badly and we're basically screwed as a result. I don't expect sympathy. Those in charge have acted like wankers, especially recently, when it comes to dealing with local firms and councilors. As far as I am concerned the club is reaping what they've sowed.

Banter riches aside - and it is a deep seam tbf - I do hope Caley get finances in a better shape as it’s good for the Highlands to have x2 SPL clubs. 

It all sounds a bit like eggs in one last basket to me. I’d have thought - although I have no expert knowledge - that a battery farm near a residential area wasn’t a sure fire planning consent bet and quite a risky move? 

2 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

It all sounds a bit like eggs in one last basket to me. I’d have thought - although I have no expert knowledge - that a battery farm near a residential area wasn’t a sure fire planning consent bet and quite a risky move? 

It was a winner for the club as they "owned" the land so it meant one less issue to deal with. However you are right in saying that trying to site this kind of scheme at this location was, on the face of it, daft and the club never really justified the loss of green space. That said, I do have some sympathy for them in that only a very small portion of the Fairways site would be lost to the development but they should have done a better job of arguing that point and that seems to be where the application fell down. The point about sledging though is ridiculous :lol:  

Edited by RiG