"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

46 minutes ago, RiG said:

Incredible to think that Ferguson has made this side worse since he took over. 

Must say you were pretty awful today. Looked like you could go a month without scoring, dodgy penalties aside. Ayr weren't exactly vintage but Caley were worse. There was an air of impending doom there today I thought, like watching a car crash in slow motion. Pretty dire week for you with the battery vote too. What are your thoughts for the rest of the season? (Ayr Utd are my childhood team by the way).

4 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Must say you were pretty awful today. Looked like you could go a month without scoring, dodgy penalties aside. Ayr weren't exactly vintage but Caley were worse. There was an air of impending doom there today I thought, like watching a car crash in slow motion. Pretty dire week for you with the battery vote too. What are your thoughts for the rest of the season? (Ayr Utd are my childhood team by the way).

GTF

Concise enough? 

9 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Was a genuine question to RiG (although it was answered by David Brent). Apologies if it came across as gloating, really wasn't meant to. What do you think lies ahead for Caley?

We'll probably just scrape staying up but on the bright side we will have the local Derbies with County next season to look fwd to.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

We'll probably just scrape staying up but on the bright side we will have the local Derbies with County next season to look fwd to.

The derbies are a distinct possibility I agree! Do hope you manage to avoid the drop though.

1 hour ago, Lanky Highlander said:

Until now I’d always been reasonably confident we would stay above 9th. We had Dunfermline, Airdrie and yourselves all to play at home. I thought we’d pick up at least one win from that. We’ve drawn 2 and lost 1 and not scored apart from a penalty. The games have all been dreadful and we don’t create any clear chances, or even half chances really.

Away from home we always seem to pick up results so while I’m not expecting anything from our next two games (away to Dundee Utd and Partick) it wouldn’t surprise me if we won one of those or even took 4 points from them. The reality is though I fully expect to take 0 points from them two and be 4 points or so off 8th. Every team in the mix above us all look capable of putting a few wins together. Weather that is winning 2 in a row or winning 2 out of 3 and that is something we just don’t look like doing. We don’t do it in fact, we haven’t won 2 games in a row all season.

Im resigned to 9th place now to be honest and I don’t feel like we can win on aggregate against any of the league 1 teams that would be in the playoffs, nevermind having to do that twice.

On Ferguson I’m in a really weird situation with it. As above I don’t have much faith that we will stay in the division but if we do I actually think he could put together a decent team and win more than we lose. That would obviously depend on the financial situation though.

Edited by PB1994

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

If we stay ahead of Arbroath then I doubt there has been a group of players and manager in our clubs history I would have less confidence in in a play off situation than this one.

Let’s face it, the team that won div 3 in 96-97 with Charlie, Herchie, Stewarty, Noble etc would beat this lot.

1 minute ago, SandyCromarty said:

If only we had the likes of wee Ian Stewart right now.

I don’t really think the issue is the strikers. If you have Billy, for sure, and possibly Samuel the service they’d score goals. The problem is the lack of a proper creative attacking midfielder to create those chances. I think Doran is past it at this level but I’m at the stage where I think he needs to be starting games. I’d also like to see us going 4 at the back at home. Though I think we did that for the last part of the game today and it didn’t make much difference?

Pretty nuts to think of the good quality Ayr teams that have gone up to Inverness over the years and been consistently scudded only for us to dig out a win with a team that would struggle most weeks in League 1.  Ferguson really needs to take a look at himself. 

18 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

How is that possible? Are County about to be relegated to the seaside next year?

In all seriousness of the heyday side, they were very good considering they all had full time jobs as joiners, painters and builders.

Plus they didn't get all the pampering of today's jobbers, chippy suppers on way back from matches and a couple of pints on a Saturday 🌙 

Oh and training three times a week on top of it all.

Edited by Super Staggie

1 hour ago, Super Staggie said:

Grass, Mitchell and Alan Smart??

No, Bennett only made 4 appearances but Mitchell was gone the year before, and Smart left at the end of 94-95 having only made 3 appearances.