"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 minute ago, qpfc said:

Astounding Inverness let him go mid season. I get his horrid injury record and probably being one of the higher earners but to give him away for nothing to a relegation rival is crazy. It seemed odd at the time he signed and looks even worse now. He’s totally reinvigorated the midfield and he’s played almost every minute (missed one game via red card) 

He’s class isn’t he. The only reason he is in the championship and not the premiership is because of his injuries.

The two Caley lads that have come to Queen's Park (Welsh and Sheridan) have both turned out to be great assets that have helped turn round the fortunes of the club. I wonder how the results at both clubs would have changed had the transfers not happened.

26 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

image.png.33c9dd20131917668bf7d5ee4ec41f2e.png

Starting to doubt The Scarf being ITK TBH

Hopefully our board have seen sense and told Ferguson his son is Highland League standard and to fuck off. 

On 24/03/2024 at 12:26, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

The two Caley lads that have come to Queen's Park (Welsh and Sheridan) have both turned out to be great assets that have helped turn round the fortunes of the club. I wonder how the results at both clubs would have changed had the transfers not happened.

Granted he didn’t get much of a chance and he definitely didn’t suit our “style of play” - however, Cillian Sheridan is one of the worst players I’ve seen in an ICT shirt. He was absolutely shocking. It astounds me he is going so well at Queens

Welsh is v good but has injury issues which have been discussed repeatedly on here. He also wanted to move back to the central belt so he'd likely have gone south in the summer anyway. 

I do agree it's mental to have let him go to a relegation rival (at the time) for nothing. Ferguson clearly didn't fancy him for whatever reason or we just wanted to save even more money and get some cheap loans in instead. The way we've been run is a joke and we're going to get our just rewards for it. 

19 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Granted he didn’t get much of a chance and he definitely didn’t suit our “style of play” - however, Cillian Sheridan is one of the worst players I’ve seen in an ICT shirt. He was absolutely shocking. It astounds me he is going so well at Queens

In the SPFL 'Team of the Week' two weeks in a row.  Clearly he wasn't that bad - maybe it was "style of play"..

2 hours ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

In the SPFL 'Team of the Week' two weeks in a row.  Clearly he wasn't that bad - maybe it was "style of play"..

He looked absolutely done and he clearly was that bad. 

Rather than external factors, perhaps the answer lies within him

15 hours ago, sophia said:

He looked absolutely done and he clearly was that bad. 

Rather than external factors, perhaps the answer lies within him

Yes, maybe it was 'within him' and Callum Davidson managed to get him to take a good look at himself. Whatever happened, he's been great for us since he signed and I wouldn't be disappointed if we kept him beyond the end of the season.

28 minutes ago, Grumpy Soo-sider said:

Tells you in the article:

Despite impressing on trial at the club, Inverness were made aware of a cross border rule regarding a player can only be involved with three teams in a season.

While also a player at Newcastle, Ferguson also played in the under-21 team at Newcastle, which in England counts as a second team. On loan at Forfar Athletic earlier this season counted as a third team under English rules.

So we’ve taken someone on trial without checking his eligibility to actually sign for the club :lol:

Our players also train in 3 separate groups throughout the week and don't interact during the training - the starting 11, the subs and the young boys. 

Big Dunc 😍

36 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

So we’ve taken someone on trial without checking his eligibility to actually sign for the club :lol:

Thank you. 

The article was behind a paywall and I wasn't willing to give the Courier any money. There was nothing on the club website - I knew that P&B would be able to give an answer.

On players and eligibility, that's something we excel at 😂

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Our players also train in 3 separate groups throughout the week and don't interact during the training - the starting 11, the subs and the young boys. 

Big Dunc 😍

From what I’ve heard you’ve no idea how absolutely accurate that is. 

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Please play him in the game against The Rovers on April 19th. That way we'll be awarded a 3-0 win irrespective of the actual score after 90 minutes.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Big Dunc 😍

If that's accurate, what an absolute farce. No wonder they look so disjointed on the pitch. 

Our club is an absolute basket csse. 

3 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I think you're being a bit harsh. If the club had gone ahead and played him there would've been hell to pay.

The repercussions would have been such that most likely the CEO would be required to resign.