"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

I think you're being a bit harsh. If the club had gone ahead and played him there would've been hell to pay.

The repercussions would have been such that most likely the CEO would be required to resign. 

Every cloud and all that. 

10 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Ffs :lol:

If you want to try and look at it positively then he didn’t have any choice going to the highland league if he’s up here and wants to play football but aye. It’s fucking ridiculous that we were actually wanting to sign him.

I’m still in the Big Dunc camp but things like this are incredibly worrying.

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

If you want to try and look at it positively then he didn’t have any choice going to the highland league if he’s up here and wants to play football but aye. It’s fucking ridiculous that we were actually wanting to sign him.

I’m still in the Big Dunc camp but things like this are incredibly worrying.

Fair play to the lad for getting out and trying to get football but surely anyone that can do a job for us is better than that level. I bet the plan is if we stay up he’ll get a deal. 

I’m still backing the gaffer but all the stuff coming out about the club makes it hard to be positive just now

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I think you're being a bit harsh. If the club had gone ahead and played him there would've been hell to pay.

The repercussions would have been such that most likely the CEO would be required to resign. 

That’s not the point I’m making, why are we bringing a trialist in (who’s been with us for quite a while) with the view to signing when they are not allowed to sign/play. Surely checks would be done before the offer of a trial to make sure in the event he impressed enough to get a deal, he could actually play?
Or was all that bypassed because it’s Dunc’s son?  

50 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Fair play to the lad for getting out and trying to get football but surely anyone that can do a job for us is better than that level. I bet the plan is if we stay up he’ll get a deal. 

I’m still backing the gaffer but all the stuff coming out about the club makes it hard to be positive just now

You’re absolutely right, I was stretching trying to be positive to the absolute limit. If he was decent surely Forfar would be wanting him back or a team up at the top of the table in the highland league would be after him.

There is a huge, relegation shaped, caveat to this but I’ll back him until around Christmas next year. I think if he has the money to shape his own squad together we would do quite well.

I see Shaw is out for the rest of the season now. Fair play to Ferguson rushing him back into the starting XI after injury only for him to get injured again. 

You'd imagine that's him played his last game for us. 

Edited by RiG

Shaw is more than likely looking for a move south, started out well for us but faded this year, some may argue he was out of position but if you've got the game within you you can make the game work for you.

Adios Nathan.

I was told Shaw is wanting back down to England in the summer. So he's clearly signing for Ayr or Morton. 

Shaw won’t be a loss based on his form this season. A brilliant player on his day, just hasn’t had enough days for us when we’ve needed him most. A real shame, he was fantastic for a spell last season 

22 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That’s not the point I’m making, why are we bringing a trialist in (who’s been with us for quite a while) with the view to signing when they are not allowed to sign/play. Surely checks would be done before the offer of a trial to make sure in the event he impressed enough to get a deal, he could actually play?
Or was all that bypassed because it’s Dunc’s son?  

He played once for the Newcastle U21s. Easy to miss that or the fact that even counts towards the 2 team rule.

Stating the obvious but we have to win today and even then I don’t think it will be enough. 

I fancy the teams above us to win at least 2 of their remaining games which leaves us needing to win at least 3 and I don’t see that happening.

On 28/03/2024 at 17:48, TheScarf said:

Our players also train in 3 separate groups throughout the week and don't interact during the training - the starting 11, the subs and the young boys. 

Big Dunc 😍

Seemingly Ferguson doesn’t go back to the stadium with the players after training, but goes to the gym instead.    Ross Jack is left to deal with all the players who don’t get picked but aren’t told why.  

2 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Seemingly Ferguson doesn’t go back to the stadium with the players after training, but goes to the gym instead.    Ross Jack is left to deal with all the players who don’t get picked but aren’t told why.  

I work with a first team player's family member and he told me the other day Ferguson lost the dressing room weeks ago. 

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Folk on Twitter saying Ferguson was shouting at the fans after the game? Any truth in that? 

Not sure why they'd be doing that. One win in nine is great form. 

We’re 4 points off 8th with 5 games to go, not won since end of January but hell lads…the stats will back up we were the better team today

His appointment did look good for a while but the persistence of the back 5, the utter tripe football being served up, letting Welsh and Carson go and other baffling decisions have got me firmly in the ‘get this idiot out’ camp