"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

8 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you think you lads will be looking to keep Cammy after his loan spell is done?

Doubt he'll fancy playing in League 1 TBH.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Do you think you lads will be looking to keep Cammy after his loan spell is done?

If we get relegated no chance. I can't see a lot of players willing to stay even if we do stay up.  I can imagine our squad next season being filled with youth players & loanees cause that's all we can afford. We just want this season done then we can start to worry about the sqaud for next season 

Billy Mckay pushed for a 2 year contract now rumours has it he wants gone by the Summer.  I totally believe it cause why would he want to stay another season? If he wants gone I can't see the likes of Cammy being to keen either. 

1 hour ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

If we get relegated no chance. I can't see a lot of players willing to stay even if we do stay up.  I can imagine our squad next season being filled with youth players & loanees cause that's all we can afford. We just want this season done then we can start to worry about the sqaud for next season 

Billy Mckay pushed for a 2 year contract now rumours has it he wants gone by the Summer.  I totally believe it cause why would he want to stay another season? If he wants gone I can't see the likes of Cammy being to keen either. 

How close was he to actually leaving last summer? I know we offered him what he was after but I always presumed he did that just to force your hand and give in to him. Not sure if we’d go back in for him this summer if he leaves. 

Edited by D'Jaffo

On 31/03/2024 at 15:29, MazzyStar said:

Looking forward to see how Inverness Caledonian Thistle Clachnacuddin Loch Ness FC get on in league 2 in 2025/26. 

Really ...?  There's a bloody good chance we'll be there with them the way we're going ...

We haven't won two games in a row all season, no home wins in nine games and it's taken us something like 4 months to get 3 wins but sure we'll win 3 out of the next 5 matches? No problem :rolleyes: 

40 minutes ago, RiG said:

We haven't won two games in a row all season, no home wins in nine games and it's taken us something like 4 months to get 3 wins but sure we'll win 3 out of the next 5 matches? No problem :rolleyes: 

That sort of stuff really annoys me for exactly the reason you have said. I know it’s not exactly fantasy land stuff to say we could beat Arbroath tomorrow and then Queens Park next weekend leaving you needing 1 win from 3 but there is zero evidence from the previous 31 games to suggest it is even remotely likely.

Mans an idiot.  You can imagine he's tried the hard man approach in the dressing room and on the training ground but our players have seen through it and most are just desperate for the last game, a play off defeat probably, so they can get away and sign for someone else.

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Mans an idiot.  You can imagine he's tried the hard man approach in the dressing room and on the training ground but our players have seen through it and most are just desperate for the last game, a play off defeat probably, so they can get away and sign for someone else.

Then there's the twist in that however good the player is the loser tag sticks and a possible move elsewhere results in less favourable financial contracts kick in.

Players now facing that possibility need to give things a good hard think.

No team will willingly sign a player with the relegation/loser tag round his neck.

39 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

That sort of stuff really annoys me for exactly the reason you have said. I know it’s not exactly fantasy land stuff to say we could beat Arbroath tomorrow and then Queens Park next weekend leaving you needing 1 win from 3 but there is zero evidence from the previous 31 games to suggest it is even remotely likely.

Makes you wonder why the journalist(s) that cover the club never point this kind of stuff out. I guess they are afraid of losing access to the players / manager.

I'm sure on Monday we'll have another "Former ICT player thinks ICT can avoid relegation if they win some games" type article in the P & J.

Edited by RiG

28 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Then there's the twist in that however good the player is the loser tag sticks and a possible move elsewhere results in less favourable financial contracts kick in.

Players now facing that possibility need to give things a good hard think.

No team will willingly sign a player with the relegation/loser tag round his neck.

Indeed.

Off the top of my head Gilmour and Longstaff have been relegated  with Cove last season?

As much as Gilmour had been one of our more consistent performers, consecutive relegations would certainly not be a good look on any players résumé, although I'm not sure how involved either were for Cove last year if I'm honest, so perhaps I'm being unfair.

The manager himself may be headed for two clubs managed / two relegated - a remarkable achievement....

Has any one else in the modern game achieved this fête so early on in their managerial career ?

53 minutes ago, RiG said:

Makes you wonder why the journalist(s) that cover the club never point this kind of stuff out. I guess they are afraid of losing access to the players / manager.

I'm sure on Monday we'll have another "Former ICT player thinks ICT can avoid relegation if they win some games" type article in the P & J.

As I've said so many times over the years that football print journalists are freeloaders who unlike TV companies bring no financial benefit to clubs, so for their free entry teas and pies they print what suits the clubs, not the fans, most of which is polishing turds.

You may remember that when Rangers complained about the amount of free press passes being issued for each game they started putting a plan in place to charge for each pass, it was around £25, there was a hysterical response to this by the print press so it never took off.

Even at our level when you include photographers there's at the very least 12 freeloading.

On 03/04/2024 at 09:12, RiG said:

New podcast out featuring an interview with Ross Draper which is nice :) 

Just finished listening to this, really enjoyed hearing from the Supporters trust and looking forward to hearing what the announcement is. 
My bets are on some sort of way to contribute to the club (like the thing Morton have) 

On 03/04/2024 at 12:11, D'Jaffo said:

How close was he to actually leaving last summer? I know we offered him what he was after but I always presumed he did that just to force your hand and give in to him. Not sure if we’d go back in for him this summer if he leaves. 

Fairly close from what I've heard hence why it took so long to get the contract signed. He'd still do a job for Ayr The system we play just doesn't suit him he plays way too deep at times almost like a CAM. Should be up front as much as possible 

12 hours ago, RiG said:

Robert Eagle on Monday Riccardo Calder the following week I can see the back pages now 🙌 

Some good news for the fans getting announced today at the supporters trust fan meeting I've been heard. Something positive for the future for once.