"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I work with a first team player's family member and he told me the other day Ferguson lost the dressing room weeks ago. 

He brought that on himself favouring his signings that are no better than what we already had. A good win down at Ayr and then he decided to chop up a perfectly capable team.

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

The aforementioned losing of the dressing room

He’s really not a very good footballer and it probably shows how desperate we are because I want to see him get a game. Mainly because he is fast and that is something we are desperately missing up front.

11 hours ago, PB1994 said:

He’s really not a very good footballer and it probably shows how desperate we are because I want to see him get a game. Mainly because he is fast and that is something we are desperately missing up front.

Aye he’s looked pretty poor anytime I’ve seen him but he offers something different to Mckay, Pepple, Samuel. 

When you’ve got players tweeting stuff like that with 5 games to go in the season, it only adds to the rumours of the dressing room being lost 

9 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Aye he’s looked pretty poor anytime I’ve seen him but he offers something different to Mckay, Pepple, Samuel. 

When you’ve got players tweeting stuff like that with 5 games to go in the season, it only adds to the rumours of the dressing room being lost 

I’m not ITK at all but you can see why the players may lose faith in the manager when he seems desperate to get his own son signed despite the fact he wasn’t good enough for a league 2 team. Doesn’t exactly inspire confidence.

16 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Folk on Twitter saying Ferguson was shouting at the fans after the game? Any truth in that? 

He came over to the fans at the bottom of the stand who were clearly pissed off & he got told where to go by a few. His attitude then changed completely where he started shouting back going on about how we only lost cause we were down to 10 men. Nothing wrong with his tactics & decisions of course 

What planet is this guy on? I get showing appreciation to the away support even after a lose but coming up to that section was just stupid. Especially with the run we're currently on & our current position in the league etc etc 

You could cleary see they weren't happy so why the f**k would you walk up to them like a patronising c**t then act shocked when you get told a few home truths 🤦

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

Totally agree Samuels can't hit a barn door some games but our passing at times is made for his pace who cares if all he can do is run with the ball if he can bring other players into the game by beating defenders then he's worth a shout in my opinion. He's not totally useless in front of goal either he can score the odd goal. 

Dunc should be seeing this being such a great tactican & all. Why stick with slow strikers when our passing & style of play is screaming for some pace up front 

1 hour ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

He came over to the fans at the bottom of the stand who were clearly pissed off & he got told where to go by a few. His attitude then changed completely where he started shouting back going on about how we only lost cause we were down to 10 men. Nothing wrong with his tactics & decisions of course 

What planet is this guy on? I get showing appreciation to the away support even after a lose but coming up to that section was just stupid. Especially with the run we're currently on & our current position in the league etc etc 

You could cleary see they weren't happy so why the f**k would you walk up to them like a patronising c**t then act shocked when you get told a few home truths 🤦

He seemed puzzled as to why home fans were upset a few weeks back when they'd seen us draw again. Apparently two wins at home all season is good form in the mind of Ferguson. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It all started to well, what happened?

David Wotherspoon signed for Dundee United. 

2 hours ago, RiG said:

He seemed puzzled as to why home fans were upset a few weeks back when they'd seen us draw again. Apparently two wins at home all season is good form in the mind of Ferguson. 

His reaction at the end of the Dundee Utd game last week was a bit bizarre as well. He was celebrating as if we had won a cup final or something like that. The fans were giving the players a decent enough reception, as it was a point away to top of the league, but there seemed to be an acknowledgment that it really wasn’t enough considering the position we are in and the other results from that weekend. He genuinely seems to think we can draw our way out of this and that isn’t going to happen.

On 14/03/2024 at 22:01, McGuigan1978 said:

Is there anyone involved in Scottish football who has a worse track record than Scott Gardiner? 

Almost everyone who followed Dundee and Hearts felt he was ill suited to running a football team, and yet somehow he managed to get another post at Inverness. 

I was going to say he was the CEO equivalent of Gary Locke, but at least Locke had that decent spell at Cowdenbeath. 

A toxic presence at every club he has 'served'. The concert fiasco last summer should have been an automatic dismissal.

6 hours ago, MazzyStar said:

Looking forward to see how Inverness Caledonian Thistle Clachnacuddin Loch Ness FC get on in league 2 in 2025/26. 

Don't worry, you'll probably be witnessing it first-hand.

12 hours ago, The Mantis said:

A toxic presence at every club he has 'served'. The concert fiasco last summer should have been an automatic dismissal.

Wise words from a poster I always listen to.

The Gardener situation has gone on for far too long, financially it should be obvious to the board, as it clearly is to the fans, that we cannot afford his position.

His obvious sectarian affiliations belong elsewhere and especially not here in our Highlands which suffered atrocities under the union banner.

On 30/03/2024 at 22:40, PB1994 said:

Over the years we've had many Samuel's type players, great speed but no finished product. That exceptional talent would be better served in Athletics.

20 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It all started to well, what happened?

From what I've read and heard Ferguson has one style of play and he seldom adapts if things aren't going to plan. It makes John Hughes look like he employs direct football. Also, some of the players moved on have been replaced with loan jobbers who aren't particularly good. He has also fallen out with (some of) the players which isn't helping either.

On 30/03/2024 at 18:56, Central Belt Caley said:

We’re 4 points off 8th with 5 games to go, not won since end of January but hell lads…the stats will back up we were the better team today

His appointment did look good for a while but the persistence of the back 5, the utter tripe football being served up, letting Welsh and Carson go and other baffling decisions have got me firmly in the ‘get this idiot out’ camp

5 hours ago, RiG said:

From what I've read and heard Ferguson has one style of play and he seldom adapts if things aren't going to plan. It makes John Hughes look like he employs direct football. 

Seeing and hearing the guy in the video above, I'm not convinced it isn't John Hughes with a bit of plastic surgery.