"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I was at the game last night.  We started off pretty poorly, but improved as the game went on.  I was really impressed with John Baird, his finishing was good as was his movement and work rate.  Think he'll be a decent signing.  Not too sure about Oakley and Ridgers though.  Oakley doesn't seem to offer much despite his goal while Ridgers is horrid at crosses.  

I'd like to see Alex Cooper given another run out.  He had a quiet game on the whole, but he did seem to have skill and his passing was pretty good.  Joe Chalmers looked steady enough.  Another I'd like to see again.

Along with Seedorf, both the P&J and STV are saying that Riccardo Calder has signed yet nothing official from the club.  Calder looked pacey and direct.  Apparently, we've also agreed terms with Elbouzedi but again nothing official as of yet.

Alex Cooper? Surely not the same one we had who masqueraded as a footballer for two seasons. If it is he's atrocious.

As Biggie said Calder looked decent in the chances he got for us. It's accepted though that he was dropped because of major attitude issues which resulted in him greeting every week on twitter about not being selected (usually the night before a game and giving away he wasn't playing). When the fine Nick Ross scored against the DABS the camera cut to our bench and whilst everyone else was going mental he was just sat on his arse scowling. Petty as f**k.

Provided he doesn't act like a fud I reckon he'd rip this league up.

Left back with an attitude problem? Have we signed Andre Blackman again?

I'd still quite like to see Nick Ross make a return to ICT. He's a tidy player and reckon he'd be a starter for us pretty much every week which is something we couldn't guarantee last time.

15 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I was at the game last night.  We started off pretty poorly, but improved as the game went on.  I was really impressed with John Baird, his finishing was good as was his movement and work rate.  Think he'll be a decent signing.  Not too sure about Oakley and Ridgers though.  Oakley doesn't seem to offer much despite his goal while Ridgers is horrid at crosses.  

I'd like to see Alex Cooper given another run out.  He had a quiet game on the whole, but he did seem to have skill and his passing was pretty good.  Joe Chalmers looked steady enough.  Another I'd like to see again.

Along with Seedorf, both the P&J and STV are saying that Riccardo Calder has signed yet nothing official from the club.  Calder looked pacey and direct.  Apparently, we've also agreed terms with Elbouzedi but again nothing official as of yet.

That's former fifty thousand pound man Mark Ridgers, thank you very much.  He'll do fine for you guys.  He's basically a younger Craig Samson.

I quite liked Alex Cooper as a midfielder, but it sounds like he's now a left back.  I'd be surprised if ICT sign him.  Having said that...

... Joltin' Joe Chalmers is an utter, utter charlatan.  Offers nothing.  At one point, I believe, he was linked with a move to County.  So happy that didn't happen.

32 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye Nick Ross would play every game without doubt.  He'd cigar this league as well.

I have no idea why County have bid so much for Draper, when Nick Ross is available for free.  I really like him.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea why County have bid so much for Draper, when Nick Ross is available for free.  I really like him.

£80k as well and it's still getting rejected. Unless Draper forces the move we're probably relatively comfortable rejecting these bids as he's under contract for another two years and we know you lads have a load of cash after the Boyce deal so we might try and push you well into six figures to bid for him.

Nice to have a transfer saga to kill some time before the season kicks off...

£80k as well and it's still getting rejected. Unless Draper forces the move we're probably relatively comfortable rejecting these bids as he's under contract for another two years and we know you lads have a load of cash after the Boyce deal so we might try and push you well into six figures to bid for him.

Nice to have a transfer saga to kill some time before the season kicks off...

I suspect County got a fair bit more than speculated for Boyce. Which is as it should be. I just don't know if it's being spent terribly wisely. That said, Draper is a damn fine player and ought not to be mucking around in the Championship.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I suspect County got a fair bit more than speculated for Boyce. Which is as it should be. I just don't know if it's being spent terribly wisely. That said, Draper is a damn fine player and ought not to be mucking around in the Championship.

We'll obviously sell him if you guys pony up the dough. No idea what kind of fee we are looking for though. Maybe £250k?

18 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Nick's a top 6 Premiership player for sure.  Would be a great signing for anyone below the 'top 3' if you like.

We've signed tonnes of young Englishmen today.  Some will probably be brilliant (Watkins, Raven, Tansey, McKay, Draper, Warren) and some will be shite (Blackman, Gibbons, Oswell, King, Greenhalgh).

If RC come up with a bigger and acceptable bid for Ross Draper then obviously the board will take it, Draper I'm sure feels allegiance to us but first and foremost he is a complete professional and would want to be in the SPL and not the championship, with far more television coverage in that league he would be more in the shop window for a possible further and more lucrative move.

A move to RC would obviously cause minimal upheaval to his family life with only a 15 min drive in the morning. 

Good Luck to him if he does go, he served us well.

Riccardo Calder is basically Phil Roberts. Looks to have fantastic ability, but absolutely dreadful attitude whilst at Dens. Thought he was billy big time and as such didn't get a game. Waster.

So happy with all these signings so 100% Robbo and that will continue (some probably think it won't last but I've grown up now lol so I assure you peeps that I WILL stick to my word).

To anyone saying Nick Ross, I'd say no UNLESS the worst case scenario came true and Draper was sold. Only midfielder I'd sign is Jack Leitch or Adam Blake then get Joe Chalmers and Alex Cooper (then that's defence sorted) then concentrate on getting a couple of Strikers, maybe Davidson but I wouldn't be disappointed if he never got signed up.

Anyway, not sure how many on here have Instagram because I saw that Scottish Football gossip page say we're after Tony Watt :o.

We need to get OFW out, hopefully someone is interested, Esson to concentrate on coaching, keep MacKay as sub then loan our other goalies out so that leaves us with 2 GK, Esson can be used in an emergency situation.