"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, TDog said:

Signed to take Jamieson place on bench.

Any mention of how long Devine will be out for? Been excellent this season 

As far as I’m aware there’s been no update from the club on how long he’ll be out for, BD said in his post match interview he hope’s it isn’t too bad but too early to tell. 
Would prefer to slide Deas across and bring Harper back into left back rather than play Duffy personally if Devine is out long term 

I’d keep Deas at left back and put Duffy in beside Broadfoot at centre half, which is his preferred position. We have better defensive cover with Deas at left back then we do with Harper there.

31 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I’d keep Deas at left back and put Duffy in beside Broadfoot at centre half, which is his preferred position. We have better defensive cover with Deas at left back then we do with Harper there.

Agree with this 

Although he is nothing special don’t think Duffy has been has bad as people make out. Harper hasn’t kicked on as much as I would of hoped 

3 minutes ago, TDog said:

Agree with this 

Although he is nothing special don’t think Duffy has been has bad as people make out. Harper hasn’t kicked on as much as I would of hoped 

Duffy is fairly decent at winning headers.  That said, we're the only team in the league that are slow and cumbersome and actually play long balls so our centre halves don't have many headers to actually win.

20 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Think something like this could work but the Welsh-Broadfoot-McAlear triangle isn't the quickest. 

Ridgers

Duffy Broadfoot Deas

Carson Welsh  McAlear  Harper

Walsh Mckay Pearson

Swap Walsh with Chalmers and I’d quite like to see that given a go.

Mckay is looking to be out for tomorrow so put the Accrington lad up front as well.

From what I've seen of him I don't think Harper has it at this level.  He's clearly not defensively better than Deas, I don't think he's a significant upgrade in an attacking sense either.  Duffy did OK when he came on at Dunfermline but there's certainly no evidence that he can improve things.  

Hard to tell you too much about Samuels as he rarely featured for us. He’s rapid and can beat a full back but his end product seemed to consist of drilling the ball across goal to no one in particular and he didn’t make much effort to track back. He may be more effective a league down though.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Hard to tell you too much about Samuels as he rarely featured for us. He’s rapid and can beat a full back but his end product seemed to consist of drilling the ball across goal to no one in particular and he didn’t make much effort to track back. He may be more effective a league down though.

It's 2016 and we've signed Jake Mulraney again.

Edited by RiG

13 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

That's exactly what we're lacking 😂

Our tactic is launch it and try to play off the second ball.