"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

22 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Silence from the club on social media after yesterdays loss, no interview from Dodds criticising the players and no post-match interview from any of the players. Could this be the end? 

Sounds ominous, drastic action is required.

I see lots of you on here are now finally in agreement with me in saying that the clown in the dugout needs sacked so all I can say is, I told you so!

Maybe next time you'll listen to me instead of slagging me off!

Anyway, God knows who we can get that is experienced, on Instagram I've seen Robertson mentioned (I'd say no to him but that's because he's done the job 2 or 3 times now, we don't need him coming back every so often) and Tommy Wright (I'm unsure on hom tbh, on one hand he did well at St J but, on the other hand, he struggled badly at Kilmarnock, though I do feel he was unfairly sacked by them).

I still say that we need a new manager but I'm also happy that we ain't a trigger happy club (like Watford!), I'd rather save money than fork out compensation but sometimes these decisions have to be made, eg Foran and to an extent Sergei Baltacha.

I've also seen some suggestions on here and cto regarding sacking Scott Kellacher and Barry Wilson, which I am also unsure of because, what other assistant (Donald Park perhaps?) and coach could we realistically look at hiring?

On 24/01/2022 at 23:12, Caley Shaun said:

This may come as a surprise to you twats on here but I am still backing Dodds 

If we don't reach the play offs then questions will need to be asked. I 

15 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

I see lots of you on here are now finally in agreement with me in saying that the clown in the dugout needs sacked so all I can say is, I told you so!

Maybe next time you'll listen to me instead of slagging me off!

I rather think that it is the lack of consistency that lets him down.

As for  Mr Dodds, I'm sure he's had better times.

On 15/11/2021 at 23:34, Caley Shaun said:

As much as I'd love this (BD is incompetent so needs to gtf ASAP) I'd be a mixture of stunned and elated because I always thought he'd want to be a manager for a long time so if he left, he'd be crazy as I truly believe our chairman would stick by him even if we get relegated, which is very possible if recent performances are to go by!!

On 24/01/2022 at 23:12, Caley Shaun said:

This may come as a surprise to you twats on here but I am still backing Dodds for now, it's draws killing us this season not losses plus we are remarkably still only 3pts off the top.

9 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

spiderman-meme-16401651614x3.png

It's good to be back! After a prolonged wait we've got a lovely new podcast for you all. Plenty of football chat about the last few weeks, a review of the recent signings, transfer window roundup around the division and interviews with Scott Allardice, Ryan Esson and new arrival Austin Samuels. Cor!

Direct link to Spotify below:

What's happened to Billy Dodd's promotion push up there? One point looked like ICT play offs totally guaranteed, now Partick in driving seat with heaps of games in hand. Quite similar to Hearts situation with Neilson at moment, high placed in league, yet pressure on manager.

Dodds appeared to be doing superb earlier in the season? Hope he still gets you guys promoted at expense of Dundee hopefully. 

Edited by Yorick

4 hours ago, Yorick said:

What's happened to Billy Dodd's promotion push up there? One point looked like ICT play offs totally guaranteed, now Partick in driving seat with heaps of games in hand. Quite similar to Hearts situation with Neilson at moment, high placed in league, yet pressure on manager.

Dodds appeared to be doing superb earlier in the season? Hope he still gets you guys promoted at expense of Dundee hopefully. 

Neil McCann kicked off the earlier part of the season and then Dodds took over, truth be told though the wins we got at that point were struggled 1-0's, however a win is a win regardless of the score and the the feeling was that we would improve on the scorelines as the season progressed.

That hopeful progression rapidly turned into regression as where we are now is a shambles where we struggle to even get a draw and losses are becoming more the norm, we have some decent players but we don't seem to get great games out of them and a win bonus for the players is now just a memory.

Every team hits a slump in a season with a few games but we are week after week on a downward spiral where presently, if it continues, we will end up mid table at most.

We have around 10 games to go and drastic action has to be taken at managerial level now, for the board to continue with their heads in the sand and obviously hoping things will turn around is ridiculous and an insult to the fans that have to endure this mess every week.

I've been to many social events but it seems to me that only at football is there a disproportionate obsession with security.

I can see why the rules as applied to airport admittance is a catch-all thing but for a thousand or so regular attendees that invest their free time in a community construct, I wonder about the logic of an absurdly ineffectual partial strip search.

Who is investing their time and coming to the conclusion that such a thing is a priority or even reasonable?

Whoever it was, they should be aware of the juddering embarrassing irritation to those exposed to such nonsense that, let's be fair, was successful in exposing the colour of scarfs and jumpers.

In a time when goodwill is at a premium, small things subtract from the sum total.

Even if Partick win their games in hand, would still expect ICT to finish above Raith Rovers and finish in play offs. Is Dodds under pressure now? Aren't play offs to be expected for ICT and generally considered a good season? . Killie being title favourites, which they still are, sadly.

Play off matches are influenced by form on the night, hit form right time and it could be beating Dundee in that play-off final!! Long way to go yet.

Dodds and his coaching team all need to be removed from their positions if our season is to be salvaged.  There's a decent squad there, but he doesn't know what he's doing.  

Having 4 'first name on the teamsheet' players out for the last month isn't helping either.

42 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Dodds and his coaching team all need to be removed from their positions if our season is to be salvaged.  There's a decent squad there, but he doesn't know what he's doing.  

Having 4 'first name on the teamsheet' players out for the last month isn't helping either.

I don’t think we can use the players out as an excuse. The problems at the back are entirely of our own making. In midfield and up front I’ve always felt we’ve been able to name a team that has more than enough to beat whatever team we were playing.

57 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Correct.

And your take on the likes of Welsh out is significant.

Just to pick out one example of poor coaching/management was to start Pearson when we had Doran on the bench was appalling, Pearson has only been in Scottish football for six weeks and is here on a loan to gain experience and his last team he played for was part time in the english national south league, don't get me wrong he has got good feet and a good game in him but he is no Johnny Hayes or Barry Robson, and to put him up from the start against experienced defenders the likes of McGinty shows managerial naivety.

I know the comeback will be that Doran is off pace just now but he has the footballing nous and experience to deal with defenders.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Correct.

And your take on the likes of Welsh out is significant.

Just to pick out one example of poor coaching/management was to start Pearson when we had Doran on the bench was appalling, Pearson has only been in Scottish football for six weeks and is here on a loan to gain experience and his last team he played for was part time in the english national south league, don't get me wrong he has got good feet and a good game in him but he is no Johnny Hayes or Barry Robson, and to put him up from the start against experienced defenders the likes of McGinty shows managerial naivety.

I know the comeback will be that Doran is off pace just now but he has the footballing nous and experience to deal with defenders.

Dorans just coming back from injury and he can barely last a full 90 when fully fit. Add to that he’s not very good anymore and most people would go with Pearson 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Dorans just coming back from injury and he can barely last a full 90 when fully fit. Add to that he’s not very good anymore and most people would go with Pearson 

I certainly would.  

We're currently without MacGregor, Devine, Allardice and Welsh who are all starters.  Throw in releasing Gardyne and you can see why we're struggling. 

This doesn't let Dodds off the hook though, Samuels, Hardy and Chalmers all look utter shite.  It's he and his assistants job to put a coherent unit on the park and everyone looks lost and the players brought in last month have made the squad worse.  He has to go.

14 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I certainly would.  

We're currently without MacGregor, Devine, Allardice and Welsh who are all starters.  Throw in releasing Gardyne and you can see why we're struggling. 

This doesn't let Dodds off the hook though, Samuels, Hardy and Chalmers all look utter shite.  It's he and his assistants job to put a coherent unit on the park and everyone looks lost and the players brought in last month have made the squad worse.  He has to go.

Totally agree, we’re not having a great time with injuries and obviously losing Gardyne is a blow but had to happen

Last game I was at was Dunfermline at EEP and Chalmers looked like the type of lots of nice touches but no end product. Haven’t seen Samuels and Hardy, so can’t comment on either. 

If we’re signing these guys and they’re hopeless does the blame lie with Robbo? One of the points of the DoF role was so he could meet up with scouts and go to more games but our recruitment has got worse if anything

Chalmers looked a lot better in the first 45 against Ayr so hopefully he has just taken a bit of time to settle in as he has been utter dogshit apart from Saturday.

I find it hard to blame the players on the field as it so obvious they have been sent onto the pitch with no instructions on what to do. So they could well be good players but we are not doing anything to get the best out of them.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if McKay asked to be released at the end of the season still with a year left on his contract.  I was saying to @RiG at the game, he was probably buzzing when he signed after he saw we had signed Gardyne and Broadfoot, seasoned Premiership quality players,  now look at the utter shite he has to play alongside, getting zero help from the utter shite manager on the touchline.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if McKay asked to be released at the end of the season still with a year left on his contract.  I was saying to @RiG at the game, he was probably buzzing when he signed after he saw we had signed Gardyne and Broadfoot, seasoned Premiership quality players,  now look at the utter shite he has to play alongside, getting zero help from the utter shite manager on the touchline.

Aye that wouldn’t surprise me either. I know he’s getting on a bit now but if you get the ball to him in the box he will still score goals. He’s lucky if he gets a touch in the box more than once or twice a game just now.

Also, why the f**k for the last 2 games when we have been looking to come from behind have we shoved him out on the right wing or in behind other players playing up front.