"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

24 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Trigger Happy? understandably so with a couple of miserable defeats.

But, Trigger Happy with no wins in 11 games and six points out of 33.

That's Trigger Happy ????????????????????????? 

Wakey fuckin Wakey, We have a competent team who are underperforming so lets blame the fans, or how about the groundsmen, or the waitresses at the hospitality, but maybe it's the fault of the games Security etc etc etc and fuckin etc.

Or could the problem lie with the whole coaching staff or do you feel they are blameless in all of this and the problem lies with the team?

BTW Well done John Robertson for the extra wedge in covering the RC game for BBC Radio's 'open all Mics'', nice of you to distance yourself.

I appreciate your passion but I fear you are being too excitable.

ICT are in a contest to obtain a play off place at worst.

Raith Rovers are the only challengers and over the last five games, despite the worst of form that ICT have shown over the last five games, they are only one win better off.

For the season thus far, Raith Rovers have a record of (WDL) 9 12 7 whereas ICT have 10 10 8

The triumvirate of MacGregor, Doran and Gardyne were the attacking pivots earlier in the season. It is no coincidence that with them all either gone or underwhelming, the wheels came off. 

Nobody can change what has happened and Gardyne in particular will carry his disgrace with him for as long as his name is recalled but for now there is a salvage job to obtain a play-off place. If the team is re-formed sufficiently I don't think it is fanciful to suggest that there is hope of an end of season crescendo.

As for the club staff structure, I rather think that is a matter that any SME should be focussed on and where there are opportunities and efficiencies, they should be grasped.

8 hours ago, sophia said:

Raith Rovers are the only challengers and over the last five games, despite the worst of form that ICT have shown over the last five games, they are only one win better off.

For the season thus far, Raith Rovers have a record of (WDL) 9 12 7 whereas ICT have 10 10 8

Raith’s last league win was 12 matches ago, versus Killie on 11 Dec!  Since then we’re 0-6-5, we’re not challengers, we’re roadkill.

12 hours ago, sophia said:

I appreciate your passion but I fear you are being too excitable.

ICT are in a contest to obtain a play off place at worst.

And on present team form are you suggesting that the team would sail through the play offs and win promotion?

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

Raith’s last league win was 12 matches ago, versus Killie on 11 Dec!  Since then we’re 0-6-5, we’re not challengers, we’re roadkill.

Our record is just as bad.

I don’t get this whole finishing in the playoffs is an achievement thing. It’s pointless being in them when you have no chance of going up, which we won’t because we have an absolute numpty as manager.

5 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

And on present team form are you suggesting that the team would sail through the play offs and win promotion?

We also should have been contesting in a title challenge so I’m not seeing how being in a contest to get the last playoff spot can be spun as a positive.

How many times this season in the league have we actually played well for 90 minutes?  The 6-1 against Morton yes and probably the 0-0 with Partick Thistle but how many else?  I'm struggling to think of any others.  We're still in the play-offs but that was due to our early form where a lot of the time we still didn't play very well.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

My posts don't exactly need forensic examination for a reader to come to the conclusion that this is not what I am arguing.

Just as any serious contributor wouldn't suggest that in the context of the early season wins, we would skoosh the league, I don't think it is beyond it to think that a modest and fairly immediate upturn in form would be enough to guarantee a play off place.

if and yes, it is a big if, the team gels enough then winning through is possible. 

To suggest as @PB1994 has, that there is "no chance" of success, is far from fair.

I accept that throughout this season and outside of several well documented games or parts of games, ICT have not been particularly easy on the eye but I would also contend that there hasn't been any games when any of our fellow challengers have been out of sight.

Also and although there may well be some that are entitled enough to feel that anything less than promotion is not an acceptable outcome for a club of ICT's means, it is also fair to say that there are some amongst us that enjoy the games in this league.

6 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

How many times this season in the league have we actually played well for 90 minutes?  The 6-1 against Morton yes and probably the 0-0 with Partick Thistle but how many else?  I'm struggling to think of any others.  We're still in the play-offs but that was due to our early form where a lot of the time we still didn't play very well.

For 90 minutes then those games plus maybe the first Killie game. Sure there weren't many attacks but we were solid defensively and never looked in any danger.

Whoever finishes 4th between Raith and ourselves (if that's how it pans out) doesn't deserve a play off spot given how garbage we've both been for so long.

16 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Would it be too much to ask to put the current manager on gardening leave and ask the former manager currently on gardening leave to return as manager?

I recall an article in Nov last year with John Robertson quoted as saying he would welcome a return to management, this was in relation to the firing of Peter Grant at Dunfermline and some Pars fans saying they would welcome Robertson as Manager.

Chances of him taking over from Dodds I would put at Zero.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Dodd has been very lucky in that our nearest rivals have not done well, imagine where we would have been in the league if the reverse was true and they had posted more wins, fact is we would have been nearer the bottom than 4th.

There's a reason for that and whereas the league was strangely split in two earlier in the season, so is it true to say that there has been a significant upturn in fortunes for teams in the bottom half. Our nearest rivals have felt the heat of that, granted not quite as much as us but they too have suffered.

For me there is a normalisation taking place and the important time is coming up rather quickly

I think Dodds has made substitutions at half time in 3 of the last 4 games.  The sign of a fud who has no idea what he's doing.
As has McCall, including our win against you. Dodds is still a fud who has no idea what he's doing though.

On 09/03/2022 at 08:15, SandyCromarty said:

With a win tonight that's Partick 5 points ahead of us with a game in hand.

I do hope you have been able to banish the ammonia and dry your undergarments in the Spring sunshine Sandy.

I was surprised that you threw your lot in with the usual suspects but wouldn't you agree that there is the prospect of brighter times?

3 hours ago, sophia said:

I do hope you have been able to banish the ammonia and dry your undergarments in the Spring sunshine Sandy.

I was surprised that you threw your lot in with the usual suspects but wouldn't you agree that there is the prospect of brighter times?

One swallow doth not a summer make.