"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

5 days later and the only question that’s been answered is will we be full time next season? (Which they’d already said would be the case I think?) 

Surely we’ve got to get something out tomorrow to give fans a bit of hope going forward, I’d take Gardiner being punted over anything else just now 

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

13 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

5 days later and the only question that’s been answered is will we be full time next season? (Which they’d already said would be the case I think?) 

Surely we’ve got to get something out tomorrow to give fans a bit of hope going forward, I’d take Gardiner being punted over anything else just now 

The longer it goes the more I fear Ferguson is staying. Still hope for Gardiner going, as I’ve heard that is happening next month but I’ll believe it when I see it.

9 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The longer it goes the more I fear Ferguson is staying. Still hope for Gardiner going, as I’ve heard that is happening next month but I’ll believe it when I see it.

That’s my fear too, I was hoping by getting rid of him we might’ve seen the likes of Roddy get kept on but little chance of that happening if he’s still here. 
Gardiner going is a must, a CEO is a luxury we couldn’t afford in the championship never mind League 1. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

That’s my fear too, I was hoping by getting rid of him we might’ve seen the likes of Roddy get kept on but little chance of that happening if he’s still here. 
Gardiner going is a must, a CEO is a luxury we couldn’t afford in the championship never mind League 1. 

Yeap, that had been my thought too. My knowledge of League 1 goes as far as the last 4 games we played but a manager sticking to this style or philosophy of football is the last thing you need. Get someone in who will absolutely shitfest the way to promotion for all I care. Ideally you’d have a mix of both and I’ve no doubt in my mind Dunc won’t do that.

Im not necessarily against have a CEO, though I do agree you could better spend the money elsewhere, but if you are going to have one at least have one that is even semi competent at the job. 

Edited by PB1994

58 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

a manager sticking to this style or philosophy of football is the last thing you need

Not necesarily, Mccabe got us up last year by sticking to his style of play and although he didnt quite get us over the line Murray almost managed the season before. Ive not seen them this season but Falkirk presumably have stuck to a game plan to good success. Having been in league one for 10 (ten) seasons what I will say is you need a good manager who can get the best out of players, being full time does make a difference but you will be getting the worst of the full time players so will need to get lucky with players who have previously been out of form elsewhere, CHarlie Telfer is probably the best example for us in recent seasons. 

6 minutes ago, moses1924 said:

Not necesarily, Mccabe got us up last year by sticking to his style of play and although he didnt quite get us over the line Murray almost managed the season before. Ive not seen them this season but Falkirk presumably have stuck to a game plan to good success. Having been in league one for 10 (ten) seasons what I will say is you need a good manager who can get the best out of players, being full time does make a difference but you will be getting the worst of the full time players so will need to get lucky with players who have previously been out of form elsewhere, CHarlie Telfer is probably the best example for us in recent seasons. 

I totally agree with you and I feel I should have worded that post better. Sticking with Fergusons philosophy/style of play is the last thing we need in League 1. It won’t work as proven in the last 4 games.

Ferguson’s style is not capable of winning any division. There will be far too many games we fail to create anything and draw/lose, particularly as we are likely to play more sides that will sit back. 

4 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Ferguson’s style is not capable of winning any division. There will be far too many games we fail to create anything and draw/lose, particularly as we are likely to play more sides that will sit back. 

Yeah, his defensive style wouldn't work in primary school football let alone professional football.  If you sign players with zero pace and then make them play a defensive style, you aren't winning very many games of football.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

The only thing in favour of Fergusons style of play is that when we had David Wotherspoon for three months it did work for the most part.  But we had little chance of replacing him in the Championship and now almost zero chance of replacing him in League 1.  

Any competant manager, knowing Wotherspoon was leaving, would have thought this style of play might no longer work, lets play to the strengths of the players I have.  Ferguson decided signing eleventy defenders in January and never changing the style of play was the solution.

He's got to go.

Edited by Buzz Killington
add a missing word

You're all stating the obvious, if Ferguson couldn't put a winning game together in the Championship he's unlikely to do any better in League 1.

So from that stat he has to go.

Failure to get rid of him with the outlook and play to be as dismal as last season will definitely see a downturn in ST's.

Time for new blood in to give us a bounce and get ST's back in, no more Fancy Dans, time for a new youngish manager who has played for us and knows the club and has a hunger to succeed in management.

I don't see why the next manager has to know the club or has to have played for us. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

I don't see why the next manager has to know the club or has to have played for us. 

It's the standard mentality within the Scottish game. Most fans and media are morons.

14 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

I see the supporter’s trust “have been asked to hold a meeting” a week on Tuesday. Presumably that means we’ll have some info before then at least!

Or its a chance to bump gums and then ask for more donations to their begging bowl?

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

Or its a chance to bump gums and then ask for more donations to their begging bowl?

I disagree with you on this, the ST fund is literally the only way the club move towards the end goal of being fan owned.  Unless some absolute shagger fan of The Caley win the Euromillions and buys everyone out.  It's a great idea to start one.

6 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Add to that our recent recruitment of wingers without pace or crossing ability, midfielders who can't pass forwards or stand their ground in a tackle coupled with strikers with all the physicality and ariel threat of a borrower its likely we will get rag dolled by cloggers and hammer throwers.

Got to build for the level and no offence to league one its not pretty football,its physical and hard work.