"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

I hope you're right but his strike rate with his last three clubs suggests otherwise, 35 goals in 137 appearances doesn't switch my light on, but hey who knows how he will turn out as we might be the club that suits his game so I wish the lad well.

Think he scored 12 goals with us in the Championship, and he was arsed around being rotated with 3 other strikers, even put out on the wing by Hoppy in the latter part of that season. I think ICT will suit him, you play nice football moving it around on the deck. He was a bit of a cult hero at Livi amongst the travelling support, really gives it his all, hope he does well for you.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Doesn't change the fact his IQ is somewhere around room temperature. 

I notice big Blair and his polecat have vanished recently as well.   Shame.  I was looking forward to him splashing his millions.

I am sure you all miss me on CTO :lol:

I cannot believe how much of a twat I was to the admins/mods though, I think getting older and wiser has tamed me ;-). 

What ever happened to Iain Coia?  I mind him at the games 12-15 years ago and he used to be a regular poster on CTO.  Not seen him at a game for years.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

What ever happened to Iain Coia?  I mind him at the games 12-15 years ago and he used to be a regular poster on CTO.  Not seen him at a game for years.

IIRC his wife passed away a few years back. Don't think he went to many games after. @alternative maryhill might know better :unsure:

4 hours ago, RiG said:

IIRC his wife passed away a few years back. Don't think he went to many games after. @alternative maryhill might know better :unsure:

Yeah, I think that's right. I only met him a couple of times myself, but a few of the guys we go to games with regularly now used to travel to games on buses he organised from Glasgow. 

23 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

CTO is awful now. Any banter/debate seems to be crushed just as it’s getting interesting. Some of the moderators would find CBeebies too offensive.

Is this some sort of euphemism for Charles Bannerman?

1 hour ago, Highland Capital said:

CTO is awful now. Any banter/debate seems to be crushed just as it’s getting interesting. Some of the moderators would find CBeebies too offensive.

Get a petition started to get me reinstated :lol:.  In honesty though, I'm glad to get away from posting on it but that's mainly due to the fact that, since I got banned, I've mellowed into a calmer guy ;)

Anyway, I do browse it. 

I’m sure plenty of people have seen the poster Scarlet Pimple posting quite a lot. I think he’s very old and I assume is no longer with it, but I don’t think I’ve ever read more than two of his posts all the way through. Just bizarre, rambling post after post. There’s another poster named Laurence who seems genuinely unpleasant.

To be fair, Elbouzedi had the whole Forres back line on toast that day.  Shame it didn't materialise.

The same can't be said for 'Susan' and Dani Lopez.  Both utter shite on their pre-season debuts and rightly chucked at the earliest opportunity.

20 hours ago, Tarmo Kink said:

Laurence is absolutely away with it too, a very strange man.

I think it was at the last Euros, he was fuming - absolutely fuming - when people were saying they weren't supporting England.  I think it was pointed out to him that some of the posters might be supporting nations they have more of a connection with (posters supporting Australia who live in Australia for example).  That didn't make much difference.

His word salad posts in the political threads as well are good for a laugh.  I can almost hear him sneering 'Bloody jocks, don't they know what the English do for them' in-front of his Windows 95.

2 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I remember thinking Dani Lopez looked decent against Forres.  I stopped thinking that soon after.

I first saw him in our home friendly against St Mirren that finished 1-1 in 15/16 pre season. 

His first involvement was letting the ball run under his foot and it went out for a throw in. 

His second was him getting put through in goal and he proceeded to fresh air it and fall on his arse. 

He was fucking pony and I found it unreal that certain folk were sticking several digits in their anus at the fact we signed him.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He was fucking pony and I found it unreal that certain folk were sticking several digits in their anus at the fact we signed him.

As I explained at the time, I just happened to be doing that when we signed him, the two events were not linked.

37 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I first saw him in our home friendly against St Mirren that finished 1-1 in 15/16 pre season. 

His first involvement was letting the ball run under his foot and it went out for a throw in. 

His second was him getting put through in goal and he proceeded to fresh air it and fall on his arse. 

I remember that game as well.  He did look a player against Forres and that St Mirren game was the one I realised he *might not actually* be that good.