"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

53 minutes ago, Caley Shaun said:

I see they have also released 2 players that we have been linked with in the past, Abdul Osman and Steven Lawless, could we make moves for 1 of them again after missing out on Kyle Hutton?

Osman is more bothered about selling hats and has come off an absolutely disgraceful season by all accounts. Lawless will get a gig at a Premiership side.

Alisdair Fraser tweeted that John has reluctantly asked Gary Warren to find a new club as he's premier league quality on championship wages :( :(. 

I reckon that is why the Spanish Centre Half (ex Dundee) has been linked and he may now get signed up once Gary leaves. 

1 minute ago, Caley Shaun said:

Alisdair Fraser tweeted that John has reluctantly asked Gary Warren to find a new club as he's premier league quality on championship wages :( :(. 

I reckon that is why the Spanish Centre Half (ex Dundee) has been linked and he may now get signed up once Gary leaves. 

Etxabeguren posted up a 'goodbye Scotland' message the other day and has moved back to Spain.

Edited by Ludo*1

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

And a couple of them are talking of a Andrew Shinnie return?

The only posters mentioning Andrew Shinnie are doing so in a jokey manner. No one is seriously suggesting he is coming back.

In other news, Gary Warren has been told he is free to leave the club:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/1483399/caley-thistle-tell-club-captain-gary-warren-he-can-leave-the-club/

Not happy about this in the slightest. Whilst I sympathise that we need to continue to cut costs Warren was a big part of the team that went on that 11 or 12 game unbeaten run towards the end of the season so to let him leave seems really short sighted especially given how little experience there is in the side. With County renegotiating contracts with a number of players after their relegation I'm perplexed as to why we haven't offered Warren a revised contract? Whilst he wouldn't sign for buttons I'd imagine he would be more keen than most to sign on at reduced terms.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Charles Bannerman appears to have resigned from CTO.

lol

The too wee, too poor schtik that he trolls across political and football discussions is as dull as a Moray Firth haar. It's brighter when it's gone.

When CaleyD was part of the media team, any criticism on CTO whether it be in regards to tactics, signings, poor performance, the stadium etc. was  attacked by him usually in quite a condescending manner.  Now the regime at the club has changed and according to him the club can do no right. 

Edited by Highland Capital

1 hour ago, RiG said:

We've done this before. One game will be the youths and the other the first team players or a mixture from both.

I remember we played Clach and Strathspey Jags simultaneously during Brewster's second spell.  The team was split by position as I recall.  The Clach game we had the first team midfield and strikers and the U20s defence, while the team playing Strathspey had a first team defence and a U20s/youth midfield and strike force.

45 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

What exactly was his position with the club, a poster mentioned earlier he was part of the media team whatever that was, so was he a direct salaried employee or as I mentioned earlier a groupie? either way it seems odd to me that he should turn on the club unless  Sting Ray fecked him off on his arrival.

He was a volunteer as far as I know. Rae came into the club and told him to do one and he has been in a huff ever since.

2 hours ago, Snafu said:

Having read CTO over the years I'd be surprised if Chucky Bantermann stays away for long. This is a bit like when HibbeeJibee resigned from P&B because of a spat with an Ayr fan, he'll be back.

Nae doot, he likes being a big fish in a wee pond.

On 5/29/2018 at 08:37, SandyCromarty said:

What exactly was his position with the club, a poster mentioned earlier he was part of the media team whatever that was, so was he a direct salaried employee or as I mentioned earlier a groupie? either way it seems odd to me that he should turn on the club unless  Sting Ray fecked him off on his arrival.

On 5/29/2018 at 09:23, PB1994 said:

He was a volunteer as far as I know. Rae came into the club and told him to do one and he has been in a huff ever since.

Up until recently, the programme' s first page had him down as 'Communications Officer' (or something similar).  Always thought it was strange that someone who's seemingly a volunteer was listed along with official employees.

Thought on the League Cup fixtures?  We never seem to get a non-league 'haven't played them for 20 odd years' type of game away from home.  League cup or Scottish cup.  Always at home (Cove, Annan, Whitehill Welfare) off the top of my head.