Cringey Sean Dyche type language I know but Lennon's built an identity in this team. I love the blend of guile and nastiness they show each week. Ambrose beside McGregor, Bartley/McGinn beside McGeough, Murray and Stokes; there's a brilliant balance between the grafters and the calming influences. The players seem to enjoy it to, with guys like McGinn becoming right horrible wee b*****ds on the pitch these days.

Lennon pissed me off with a lot of his comments last year because I didn't think he'd done nearly enough with us to be so critical of seemingly everyone else. It looks now like maybe I/we weren't getting what he was going for. He talked about getting rid of a "boyband" style and I think we are seeing a different edge to the club now, so f**k it - he was right.

As for Murray, I was just plain wrong about him. Mind saying that I'd probably appreciate his workrate and effort but that he didn't have the quality. Well he's shown plenty of quality so far, a great pick from Lennon. He still looks raw as f**k though and I think he could actually improve from the level he's playing at now. Him and Stokes are going to be a joy to watch.

Edited by Alan Stubbs

It's weird looking at the whole squad just now. Guys like Bartley Boyle Gray Big Davy Fonts and Swanson didn't start today. That's before we add in the young guys who have impressed during preseason and League Cup games. The future certainly looks bright. 

4 minutes ago, Dudu Dahan pal said:

why the f**k are such an irrelevant club like St.Johnstone getting so riled by us being successful :lol: 

Provincial posters like treehouse tam and random guy keep trying to live vicariously via Hibs. Not a good look imo. 

who'd have thought about a month ago Simon fucking Murray would be on 10 goals and strutting about Ibrox with his own song being belted out. Thank f**k we aren't going to get Agathe'd for him by some team

There's a certain parallel in his career arc to Jamie Vardy tbh... So I think we can confirm that we're going to win the league.

Graham to Cheltenham not really a big shocker of a move, a Scottish Championship calibre player that had fallen behind Stokes, S. Murray, and Matulevicius in the pecking order.  No need to keep him around.

Cheltenham!? I hope they go down.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]