41 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Found this belter on YouTube and skipped through it to see some highlights 

Pretty sure that was the game where the Green Brigade mis-spelled Celtic in one of their banners, "CELTC". If I could find a decent picture of it that would definitely go on the tinpot thread.

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
5 hours ago, Austinho said:
The Sun reporting we're unlikely to go for Ivan Lendric. 
All gone quiet on Thomas Agyepong too - apparently he failed a medical.

The Agyepong delay is a work permit one rather than medical I'd heard?

He's only got one cap for Ghana, so that would have to go to an appeal.

I think part of the reason City like punting players to Scotland on loan (also rumoured to be giving the Aussie winger Arzani to Celtic) is that for reasons unknown it seems to be easier to get a work permit to play in Scotland than it is in England. e.g. Efe not getting a permit to play for Blackburn a month or so before he signed for Hibs.

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:
5 hours ago, Austinho said:
The Sun reporting we're unlikely to go for Ivan Lendric. 
All gone quiet on Thomas Agyepong too - apparently he failed a medical.

The Agyepong delay is a work permit one rather than medical I'd heard?

Would he need a work permit if he’s already with Man City? 

He's only got one cap for Ghana, so that would have to go to an appeal.
I think part of the reason City like punting players to Scotland on loan (also rumoured to be giving the Aussie winger Arzani to Celtic) is that for reasons unknown it seems to be easier to get a work permit to play in Scotland than it is in England. e.g. Efe not getting a permit to play for Blackburn a month or so before he signed for Hibs.
I've got literally no idea how work permits work here. Wasn't it Jason Scotland who was kb'd for one with Dundee Utd but got one for St Johnstone a few years back?

29 minutes ago, JamesM82 said:

Pretty sure that was the game where the Green Brigade mis-spelled Celtic in one of their banners, "CELTC". If I could find a decent picture of it that would definitely go on the tinpot thread.

GW650H487.jpg.234671ed8c0b15d5441fe8523c314c9a.jpg

Just now, Lebowski said:

I've got literally no idea how work permits work here. Wasn't it Jason Scotland who was kb'd for one with Dundee Utd but got one for St Johnstone a few years back?

Think that was more to do with the level he'd be playing at, we were in the division below.

Regarding McGinn, if the press are to be believed (I know I know) and he really is set on a move to Celtic, Hibs are as well selling now.

It's all one to laud the values of his presence in the squad for another year but in his last year at SMFC, he completely chucked it as he made little secret that he wanted away. To the extent where Hibs actually were the ones who benefitted in him chucking it as if he'd had his head down and got on with playing his game the way he does, he'd have certainly ended up in a higher league than the Scottish Championship as there were teams with bigger budgets sniffing for a while before that season where he wasn't very good at all by his own standards. 

We don’t NEED to sell now at all. If we keep him for a year then I’m happy with that. There’s no need for us to accept £2m, we simply don’t have a reliance on getting that cash in. Sounds like St Mirren badly need their cut though, they are desperate for us to sell him. 

Hibs must be in a fantastic position to turn down £2m + a loan player (tbc). 

It is admirable that they are standing firm as Celtic do there usual low ball offers sh1te. All that said I think £2m is decent for a player with one year left on his contract. 

I can see Celtic walking away and signing him in Jan for nowt. Are they really going to go back with a 4th bid ? 

I can fully understand St Mirren fans wanting Hibs to do a deal. I assume that if he signs on a pre contract in Jan then sell on % would be null and void going forwards ? 

23 hours ago, Dee Man said:

The walloper is also all over the place in this article about Scott Bain joining Celtic and it being McCann's fault we didn't get a fee for him :huh:

https://thecelticblog.com/2018/05/blogs/neil-mccanns-stupidity-and-arrogance-has-cost-dundee-a-small-fortune-over-scott-bain/

I know a number of decent Celtic fans but I dunno what it is with Celtic bloggers. Pound for pound they are some of the  most moronic, brain dead, hysterical tadgers ever shat into existence.

I'd bet that most don't even attend games, they sit in their shit stained underpants in their maw's spare room bashing out their latest spittle fuelled rage piece about either how it's all the wee teams fault (all masons apparently)  and of course Sevcoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Edited by AndyM

4 minutes ago, welldaft said:

I can see Celtic walking away and signing him in Jan for nowt. Are they really going to go back with a 4th bid ? 

Big test for McGinn. If he gets us through tonight, Celtic will be back.

17 minutes ago, welldaft said:

It is admirable that they are standing firm as Celtic do there usual low ball offers sh1te. All that said I think £2m is decent for a player with one year left on his contract. 

I can fully understand St Mirren fans wanting Hibs to do a deal. I assume that if he signs on a pre contract in Jan then sell on % would be null and void going forwards ? 

Tbf, we wouldn’t even see £2m. Minus the rumoured St Mirren cut we’d be left with about £1.3m.  Is it worth us taking that now to lose McGinn for a full season? I’m not convinced. Seems Hibs aren’t going to move from their valuation, will be interesting to see if Celtc come in again. If they do I think it’ll be after the English window is closed.

Back of a fag packet calculation has us with around 1m banked from the 2 rounds of Europe. Win the next one and that would rise to probably around 1.7m. We've sold near enough 14k season tickets which is well up on the same point last season. We earned around an extra 1.2m from prize money from the league compared to the season before.

"2m" is not 2m to Hibs. St Mirren get 33% and there's VAT due on the fee. We'd be getting around 1.1m for him. That's not even close to enough.

We're under zero pressure to sell. Overwhelm us or gtf.

I’ve also no doubt he’ll continue to perform well for us if he stays. He’ll be a free agent at the end of the season so will be playing for a contract somewhere and also his place in the Scotland squad. And no matter what some weegie rag says there is no way he chucks the toys out the pram.