31 minutes ago, Zing. said:

There are rumours now that MacLaren is going back to Australia. I’d be very surprised but also delighted if we got him back.

He'll want to come here, at this stage in his career. Don't think that's in doubt.

There are rumours now that MacLaren is going back to Australia. I’d be very surprised but also delighted if we got him back.
I think I'm the only one who isn't that fussed. Really good penalty box striker but done f**k all outside the box. Add a quick striker to play beside Kamberi and put a bit of trust in Shaw at least till the January window I'd be happy with.

14 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I think I'm the only one who isn't that fussed. Really good penalty box striker but done f**k all outside the box. Add a quick striker to play beside Kamberi and put a bit of trust in Shaw at least till the January window I'd be happy with.

Don't think you are wrong. Would be good to sign players, anyone really.

57 minutes ago, Austinho said:

Jordy Hiwula on loan from Huddersfield is the latest rumour.

This talk of strikers and wingers is all very well,  but I'd be happier if there were rumours about someone who could somehow replace McGeouch and make us less likely to haemorrhage goals.

Edited by Aim Here

3 minutes ago, tehvlb said:

Kamberi looks like a player in the making for you lot, fully expect the ugly sisters to be sniffing around him just to unsettle him.

They're welcome to try. He's on 13 goals from 17 games, and we have him for the next 3 years, so he's not going to be cheap.

Does Rangers even have enough disposable income (cash upfront, please don't ask for credit as the words 'git yersel tae f**k ya chancer' may offend) to make a non-laughable offer?

Does Rangers even have enough disposable income (cash upfront, please don't ask for credit as the words 'git yersel tae f**k ya chancer' may offend) to make a non-laughable offer?

No.
Having to get a Provvie Cheque to pay off General Ashley’s learned counsel.
F*ck Sevco.

People moaning at people moaning about the lack of signings in time for the European fixtures yet here we are a few days away from the start of the league campaign nevermind europe and still a lack of signings.
We've lost Mcgeouch, Maclaren, Barker and Allan from last season. We've signed Mallan and Agyepong who you'd say are replacements for Allan and Barker. We've got Slivka and Shaw already in the squad who've shown enough to get a chance imo.

But I think something that people are missing is that we're not going to know our budget till we find out how far we are going in Europe, plus how much we end up getting for Mcginn (you'd assume). Each round we get through in Europe is probably clearing 400k for us.

As of next Friday night we will have zero English clubs looking to sign players we're interested in, plus anyone they haven't ditched will suddenly be available on loan.

There's a bit of an incentive to wait a wee bit yet imo. It could mean getting much better quality than we can atm.

21 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

We've lost Mcgeouch, Maclaren, Barker and Allan from last season. We've signed Mallan and Agyepong who you'd say are replacements for Allan and Barker. We've got Slivka and Shaw already in the squad who've shown enough to get a chance imo.

But I think something that people are missing is that we're not going to know our budget till we find out how far we are going in Europe, plus how much we end up getting for Mcginn (you'd assume). Each round we get through in Europe is probably clearing 400k for us.

As of next Friday night we will have zero English clubs looking to sign players we're interested in, plus anyone they haven't ditched will suddenly be available on loan.

There's a bit of an incentive to wait a wee bit yet imo. It could mean getting much better quality than we can atm.

And if we don't?

And if we don't?

We go radge at Petrie. It's traditional.

Edit; btw I do think we absolutely do need to sign a couple of players. Lennon not chucking the toys out of the pram yet suggests to me that there must be a plan though.

This should be reliable, because the guy who wrote it knows Maclaren a bit. 

The positives from this are a) it looks like he will leave Darmstadt; b) no English interest reported. Him going back to Australia is unlikely because their teams would either have to make him one of their permitted "marquee" signings, or he would have to fit in within their relatively tight salary cap. It would also mean him basically giving up on a career in Europe.

1 minute ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Don't rule out a team in the A League making Maclaren a marquee signing. He's more than capable of banging in the goals there and one of the lesser sides might see him as someone who can push them up the table a bit.

I'll eat my tub of factor 50 sunscreen if he ends up back in the A-League.

1 hour ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

Don't rule out a team in the A League making Maclaren a marquee signing. He's more than capable of banging in the goals there and one of the lesser sides might see him as someone who can push them up the table a bit.

MacLaren wants to come back and partner with Flo, he said so himself at a BBQ last weekend. He also said he is not sure whether it will happen or not but if he is moving ER is his preferred choice.