44 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

JDH (Jake Doyle-Hayes) will make all the difference IMO (in my opinion). 

The redundancies in sports science that he'll create if he ever gets back on the pitch though. 

There will be a huge lack of Scottish football experience in our squad next season. With the new investment I doubt we will be fishing in the Scottish football market either. It does concern me slightly.

On 08/05/2024 at 10:40, Joe Terrapin said:

Nah.

Hibernian 2-0 Hearts: Neil Lennon - 'If that means natural order, I'll take  it' - BBC Sport

Can I ask you? Today is Sunday 12th of May 2024. Hearts are third, and 24 points back in 9th. Hibernian. I mean "Mind the gap" doesn't even come into it. Is this the natural order Hibs fans want? I'm all for it myself, just seems a bit defeatist for yourselves to continually set yourselves up for this. Weird really.

On 10/05/2024 at 08:40, Crawford Bridge said:

It's no wonder our promising youngsters get the hump and piss off. 

Johnson is third choice behind a finished 39 year old and an English lower league jabroni. I'd be away if I was him. 

I listened to some of Sportscene this afternoon and mention was made ( Yogi ? )  about the lack of ( young ) players coming through from the academy .

It certainly strikes me as disappointing ,

Did someone say they were being held back ?

1 hour ago, Ewanandmoreagain said:

I listened to some of Sportscene this afternoon and mention was made ( Yogi ? )  about the lack of ( young ) players coming through from the academy .

It certainly strikes me as disappointing ,

Did someone say they were being held back ?

No, they're just not good enough as Whittaker, Landers, Megwa and Molotnikov have all demonstrated this season. 

34 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

No, they're just not good enough as Whittaker, Landers, Megwa and Molotnikov have all demonstrated this season. 

Is Whittaker not 16?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Whittaker not 16?

So is Landers, Molotnikov is 17 and Megwa has been one of the best players in the Championship since the turn of the year.

But hey ho we’re better off playing the failures that conceded 4 today instead of giving these guys a proper chance.

13 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

You forgot Delferriere. 

ooft.png.414c86d7c64401e896eb0979333bad22.png

I've been trying to all season.

12 hours ago, Kempes said:

Megwa has been pretty impressive for Airdrie this season. Surely he’d be worth looking at during the preseason games?

We brought him back this season, played him once and sent him back out on loan.

12 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is Whittaker not 16?

Yep, that qualifies as a young player.

Our squad is an indelicate house blend of players who don't try very hard but aren't bad and players who DO try very hard and are very bad. 

He’s not going anywhere just now I don’t think, they can hide behind the review and punt him then. Motherwell game could be a poisonous atmosphere for both the manager and players again.

Edited by Zing.