41 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Nope, one more tie after Molde to win and then finally the groups. Laughably rigged against us diddy nations. :lol:

And is the next round not when the losers from the CL Qualifiers arrive, and are all instantly seeded? 

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And is the next round not when the losers from the CL Qualifiers arrive, and are all instantly seeded? 

Nah, their path is now kept separate from the rest of us. So if when Celtic fall by the wayside, they'll be in a different part of the draw to Hibs. Domestic champions who have been knocked out of the Champions League qualifiers can only play other domestic champions in the Europa League qualifiers.

I think i actually prefer us going in at the First round as it gives us 180 minutes against a proper diddy team, which is better than going in cold like we did against Brondby and Malmo.

In fact I’m sure we had Edinburgh City as our warm up game before facing a Brondby side well into their domestic League. Despite us nearly putting them out, you’re already at a huge disadvantage before a ball is kicked.

I think i actually prefer us going in at the First round as it gives us 180 minutes against a proper diddy team, which is better than going in cold like we did against Brondby and Malmo.

In fact I’m sure we had Edinburgh City as our warm up game before facing a Brondby side well into their domestic League. Despite us nearly putting them out, you’re already at a huge disadvantage before a ball is kicked.

It does help.

We’ve managed to catch the likes of Rijeka and Groningen cold due to playing some absolute diddies in round 1.

1 hour ago, Dominique Malonga said:

40 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It does help.

We’ve managed to catch the likes of Rijeka and Groningen cold due to playing some absolute diddies in round 1.

Ive been saying this for a while with regards to Celtic, if you dont get an automatic place then you are best starting early and getting some competitive games even if the oppositions not up to much as least it is competitive.  I would be a lot less confident going against Rosenborg now whos league goes from Spring to Autumn if we hadn’t played a couple of games before hand. 

Ive been saying this for a while with regards to Celtic, if you dont get an automatic place then you are best starting early and getting some competitive games even if the oppositions not up to much as least it is competitive.  I would be a lot less confident going against Rosenborg now whos league goes from Spring to Autumn if we hadn’t played a couple of games before hand. 

The only exception to it I can think of is progres niederkorn lost their 2nd round tie after disposing of their diddies last season.

Wonder if these horrific Greek wildfires are going to impact either/both of our games.

Awful loss of life and obviously the football is totally insignificant/0 importance in this scenario, but have Tripolis even managed to fly over here yet? 

Athens-Tripolis road is currently closed as is an area affected by the fires. 

Edited by AberdeenHibee

14 minutes ago, AberdeenHibee said:

Wonder if these horrific Greek wildfires are going to impact either/both of our games.

Awful loss of life and obviously the football is totally insignificant/0 importance in this scenario, but have Tripolis even managed to fly over here yet? 

Athens-Tripolis road is currently closed as is an area affected by the fires. 

We seem to get caught up in some really bad events whenever we play in Greece. 

4 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Im shocked hes not talking about Rangers/Sevco :o

The majority of people who read his blog these days are seething Rangers fans as hes been hounded out of celtic forums/ fb pages only posting about them.  A strange individual. 

1 hour ago, Zing. said:

I almost hope he dosnt leave just to get it right up these deluded Celtic fans. 

Hopefully see a late bid come in from down south paying the fee that you're asking for. 

I mind one of these guys had written a blog slating us for having the audacity to play Jack Hendry in a Scottish cup game when he was our player because it left the poor soul cup tied and unable to play for Celtic in the future rounds. The entitlement complex is embarrassing. 

Edited by Louis Litt

2 hours ago, Zing. said:

Does that clown even realise that the second biggest (individual) shareholder in Hibs is... Rod Petrie?

Edited by JamesM82
in case anyone gets pedantic about HSL