More great business for Hibs.  If you guys had this strike partnership all season last year then you would probably have gotten third but your first half strike force of a nutter (Stokes) and Mr. July (Murray) held you back a bit. 

7 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I honestly feel like I’m supporting a completely different club these days. The turnaround since relegation is unbelievable.

Hibs recording a solid 9.2 on the Feel Good Factor scale and The 6 is that spot. We too blessed rn.

9 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

I honestly feel like I’m supporting a completely different club these days. The turnaround since relegation is unbelievable.

If you look at the stat analysis of Hibs before Kamberi and Maclaren and Hibs after Kamberi and Maclaren it makes good reading not only for Hibs fans but for fans of attacking football.  Before both of them arrived Hibs scored 32 goals in 24 Premiership games a rate of 1.333 per game while afterwards Hibs scored 30 in 14, a rate of 2.14 per game.

From an individual standpoint, here is the Premiership goals per minute ratio of Hibs' 4 main strikers from last season

Maclaren 111.625 Minutes per goal

Kamberi 140

Murray: 195

Stokes: 206.5

If you factor in cup games it looks a bit better for Murray and Stokes (133.142 & 156 respectively) but in league play Maclaren and Kamberi were significantly more prolific

Their style of play has improved us so much as well. Stokes was a bit of a square peg situation. The team was suited to really high tempo, direct football and he wanted to take the ball to feet and slow everything down. Maclaren and Kamberi's movement is so good that Hibs just need to get into good positions and whip it into the box. 

Still a fair bit of work to do (especially if McGinn goes) but I feel like these two and Mallan's goals will make it hard for us to have too bad a season.

16 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Time to finally unleash these on the world I think...

PKaErxf.png     PKaErxf.png     PKaErxf.png     PKaErxf.png

8ljDWMI.png           8ljDWMI.png               8ljDWMI.png              8ljDWMI.png          

TgGbCLW.png         TgGbCLW.png         TgGbCLW.png         TgGbCLW.png             0qtbXMG.png 0qtbXMG.png   

0qtbXMG.png 0qtbXMG.png    

Edited by Austinho

2 hours ago, Green Day said:

If McGinn goes down south as looks likely, we will have a shitload of cash to spend on quality.

Or we could just bulk buy from the English lower divisions:lol:

I'm a bit concerned, you would hope we have prepared. We knew he'd go soon.

49 minutes ago, HaikuHibee said:

I'm a bit concerned, you would hope we have prepared. We knew he'd go soon.

We seem to be good at planning though (evidence the Kamberi and McLaren signings which is stellar stuff) .

Agreed that SJM is pretty much impossible to replace at our level, but I reckon we will just bring Slivka into the middle and sign another DM. Not ideal, but if the English money is good it might be best for SJM and us.

If we manage to bring back Allan, the team will still be very strong...................except for the comedic defending, natch 

5 hours ago, Lebowski said:

Mulumbu might still be available...

I think he might have a bit more of the dig and strength we will need if McGinn goes.

Our other CMs bar Marv(who might be slowing a bit and is pretty one dimensional, although great at what he does) seem to lean heavily towards attacking types.

As much as i'd love to see Scotty back, I'd like to see a quality, tough, mobile CM come in first to balance things out when SJM moves on.

It will be worth shelling out a bit for this kind of player to ensure we have some energy and fight in the midfield and stop us getting bullied.

45 minutes ago, Zing. said:

So Celtc put in their third (and supposedly final) bid for McGinn but this time put a deadline on it. We didn’t get back to them and it’s now off the table, according to the BBC. 

DD44FE82-52AA-42C4-B7C1-FC4FA13899F6.png.f46ada1d25efdc6349d5f2862f8d50ac.png

Deadlines from Celtc :lol: they get more embarrassing by the day.

And all this for a player their fans dont even rate (similar to how they said Griffiths wouldnt score goals for them).

Fannies