1 minute ago, Lofarl said:

It's actually funny how we are now willing to whore our club out to anyone willing to pay us a few shekels.  We'd put in a good word for ISIS in our quarterly programmes if the cash is good enough.

On Saturday (before I fucked off) the list of Hibs partners on the BIG SCREENS was lengthy.

I am all for getting more cash into the club tbqhwy, but this Fan shekel thing is utter dugshite

On 21/10/2021 at 20:54, Leith Green said:

On Saturday (before I fucked off) the list of Hibs partners on the BIG SCREENS was lengthy.

I am all for getting more cash into the club tbqhwy, but this Fan shekel thing is utter dugshite

Fnar 🤣

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

He mentions his sister Emma. I saw her play and she was a good player. Not quite as "competitive" as Ryan though! 

Yep, and I think she wanted to be a pro but the pathway just wast there (and, lets be honest outside of Rangers/Celtic there wont be much money in the pro womens game up here).

Good interview tho I would have preferred him playing yesterday than chatting to Spiers............

Came into this season with as much optimism as I've had in a while. Shame how things have been the last couple of weeks, wonder if Tait and Mueller can change things up come January, or the players I rated so highly a month or so ago can start performing again. 

Anyone with a keener eye capable of diagnosing what's gone wrong? 

On 28/10/2021 at 23:29, Chefki Kuqi said:

Came into this season with as much optimism as I've had in a while. Shame how things have been the last couple of weeks, wonder if Tait and Mueller can change things up come January, or the players I rated so highly a month or so ago can start performing again. 

Anyone with a keener eye capable of diagnosing what's gone wrong? 

Not sure about keener eye but Doidge's injury left us in a hard place, Scott looked a decent short term replacement that hasn't worked and Gullan has disappointed again. If there was an offer for Nisbet we should have taken it and got a couple of higher quality replacements. This is probably the easiest solve as Mueller joining and Doidge being back over Christmas should give us options again.

The recruitment at the back was dreadful in the summer. Can't remember which game it was but it's shameful that we recently had a back 4 with McGregor, Stevenson and Hanlon still starting. Being cut throat 2 of those shouldn't even be at the club anymore let alone starting important games. There's also no good cover for McGinn who most could have predicted would struggle to carry on last year's form, and Doig is struggling. We essentially just need quite a lot of new and good defenders. 

Midfield is an area which hasn't been talked about much but where we also look short/unbalanced. Newall aside who I still think is very good we have Allan, Magennis and Doyle-Hayes who are all good enough to play depending on the formation and opposition, and sone really shite back ups. We need a Baningame/Fuchs/Ferguson style player who is able to dominate the midfield. I hoped this was what Irvine would provide last year but a few games aside he was a bit of a disappointment or farmed out to the left and obviously got his move to Germany. Not sure what the other options are rather than plucking someone from relative obscurity.

Finally, the manager lacks the ability that the best managers have at this level to arrest a slide, whether within games or in runs. We had a few good come from behind results at the start of the year but as soon as form drops I have no confidence in us to come back from even a 1 goal deficit. 

That's my thoughts anyway. Maybe a question of giving out daft contracts to players who weren't first team quality than a lack of investment I'm not sure, but we've ended up with a squad that looks threadbare in parts and bloated with useless bodies in others and a manager who is good but not great and will likely never win us a cup or regularly beat the OF.