Were you not interested in the bodo glimt manager before Maloney? Could see the board going for him again as say what you want about them they seem to be quite ambitious in what they want from the club. Thomson/Brown would be a lazy combo that a lot of boards woild default to but feel like the Hibs board will be a bit more adventurous than that for some reason. 

Their manager is not coming to Scotland. He’ll have a fair few European suitors following their Europa conference performances.

18 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Were you not interested in the bodo glimt manager before Maloney? Could see the board going for him again as say what you want about them they seem to be quite ambitious in what they want from the club. Thomson/Brown would be a lazy combo that a lot of boards woild default to but feel like the Hibs board will be a bit more adventurous than that for some reason. 

He turned us down as he sees himself taking a top club in Europe. No chance he ends up at Hibs.

Didn’t think it would ever work out. The guy comes across as an introvert and not suited to the rigours of football management. Probably best suited to being pals with a manager and puting out the bibs and cones. Ala Ian Cathro. 

Executive Chairman Ronald J Gordon commented: “Our hope in appointing Shaun Maloney as a young, highly regarded coach was that he would help us take the club forward, but ultimately it didn't work out.

Oh god. Oh Jesus. 

I was reading an article on the sacking, and thought it said 'Gary Caldwell has been appointed interim manager'. Misread it completely. David Gray has been appointed interim manager, Gary Caldwell has also left. 

Oh Jesus. Need a lie down. 

42 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don't know if they've got any millstones quite as heavy as Malaury martin and Loic Damours 4 year contracts on their books but Hibs will still be simultaneously paying for Jack Ross' mistakes and Sean Maloney's mistakes 

We have handed out extended deals to quite a few shite players this season so we have some dead wood to shed.

I have said it before, but we are in exactly that same situation you lot were in before Levein was emptied - no proper "football strategy" and a recruitment team that includes the owners son (ffs.......).

While I was not a fan of JR and SM football, any Hibs fan who thinks that the issues stop there is deluded.

We need the same kind of clearout and revision at the top end, and install someone who is actually in charge of the footballing side (i.e. not a Peruvian TV mogul or a car salesman from Southend.................).

There's a touch of 'Livi firing Kenny Miller'. Probably a little too soon, but if looked at as a 'The board have realised they've made a mistake hiring him in the first place and will now hire appropriately' then there's probably some sense to it.

Difference being that Livi had a competent board at the time