On 18/01/2023 at 23:11, ATLIS said:

To be fair, Omeonga isn't even really a starter for us. He's good but limited, not really starter quality for us. Out of contract in the summer to be fair so would be free to walk. I'd be thinking Hibs should be looking higher than him though

Intrigued to hear how Bradley's been doing. I've been using his departure as a stick to beat the current regime with, am I right to be doing so?

Just now, Chefki Kuqi said:

Intrigued to hear how Bradley's been doing. I've been using his departure as a stick to beat the current regime with, am I right to be doing so?

He's basically came in and been one of our best players. If you include our friendly cup win against Liepaja and Fortuna I think he has something like 6 goals/assist in 8. 

We've been really struggling with Nouble being out injured but Bradley has stepped right in and been brilliant for us. His first appearance (and touch of the ball) he tore through about 2 or 3 Motherwell defenders. Looks like a really good player for only being 20, great on the ball, always looking to go forward and actually has an end product. Good in tight spaces and knows when to let the ball go, I don't think he really loses the ball much at all.

He was instrumental in our goals against Ross County/St Johnstone recently without getting an assist on it as well. The way he's going he could be the next to leave us for a decent bit of cash in a few seasons (I suspect Hibs maybe would've taken a 10-20% sell on to be fair). Interested to see how he does when Nouble's back fit as he'll have some proper competition for places but he looks good to take that on.

3 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He's basically came in and been one of our best players. If you include our friendly cup win against Liepaja and Fortuna I think he has something like 6 goals/assist in 8. 

We've been really struggling with Nouble being out injured but Bradley has stepped right in and been brilliant for us. His first appearance (and touch of the ball) he tore through about 2 or 3 Motherwell defenders. Looks like a really good player for only being 20, great on the ball, always looking to go forward and actually has an end product. Good in tight spaces and knows when to let the ball go, I don't think he really loses the ball much at all.

He was instrumental in our goals against Ross County/St Johnstone recently without getting an assist on it as well. The way he's going he could be the next to leave us for a decent bit of cash in a few seasons (I suspect Hibs maybe would've taken a 10-20% sell on to be fair). Interested to see how he does when Nouble's back fit as he'll have some proper competition for places but he looks good to take that on.

Well it's good to see him doing well, just gutted we never really gave him anything like a run in the team but that's our fault for churning through managers and players at such an alarming rate.

I'd be surprised if we had a sell-on for the deal, genuinely think it was just Johnson trying to cut down on player numbers, seeing we had a boy returning on loan from Ireland and deducing that if he was playing there he must be pish, then releasing him.

That said cheers for the insight and gives me even more reason to tune into the Livi highlights than before, I'm a Nouble/Martindale fan already so even better really. 

13 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Well it's good to see him doing well, just gutted we never really gave him anything like a run in the team but that's our fault for churning through managers and players at such an alarming rate.

I'd be surprised if we had a sell-on for the deal, genuinely think it was just Johnson trying to cut down on player numbers, seeing we had a boy returning on loan from Ireland and deducing that if he was playing there he must be pish, then releasing him.

That said cheers for the insight and gives me even more reason to tune into the Livi highlights than before, I'm a Nouble/Martindale fan already so even better really. 

I'd imagine it'd be fairly standard for a player you're letting go for free but if not then Hibs probably dropped the ball a bit. He's probably in the awkward position of being good enough for us but in a position where Hibs fans expect a quality output to the level of Boyle etc. 

He showed a good bit of quality in the build up for our second goal v St Johnstone last week. If we sell Nouble in the summer he's pretty much his replacement ready made and settled into the squad

On 06/01/2023 at 17:02, Leith Green said:

The only unedifying thing is the way some of you hearts fans are all over the Hibs and Aberdeen threads.

You are either 12 or have the usual convenient memory loss if you think you can get away with lecturing the rest of us on poor "corporate culture".

You are all over HMFC threads like a rash as soon as you think you have something to crow about. You really are utterly without any sense of irony whatsoever. It’s amusing though.

Edited by Kyle Reese

8 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I'd imagine it'd be fairly standard for a player you're letting go for free but if not then Hibs probably dropped the ball a bit. He's probably in the awkward position of being good enough for us but in a position where Hibs fans expect a quality output to the level of Boyle etc. 

He showed a good bit of quality in the build up for our second goal v St Johnstone last week. If we sell Nouble in the summer he's pretty much his replacement ready made and settled into the squad

He was great against us.

Not just ability wise but he fights like f**k too. Was surrounded at one point and still got out of it because he was fearless.

Not sure I really get the rationale behind the numbers here, but I assume it's because we have Porteous and Campbell in the team most games that we score so highly?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23262486.hibs-celtic-impress-spfls-pathway-failure-laid-bare-data/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Not sure I really get the rationale behind the numbers here, but I assume it's because we have Porteous and Campbell in the team most games that we score so highly?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/23262486.hibs-celtic-impress-spfls-pathway-failure-laid-bare-data/?ref=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

This is the trade off I guess.

We're playing youngsters but we're not getting results so some analyst company thinks we're great while the fan base think we're run by idiots. 

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

We had this:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/remarkable-aberdeen-youth-stat-stephen-25368654

Really impressive...until you find out a lot of them will be a 30 year old Andy Considine!