1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Brave of Hibs to play an EPL team in a friendly. 

Well maybe not brave, but daft…

2-0 Bournemouth after 12 minutes. 

How?  Its a kickabout to work on shape at the end of a training camp?

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Brave of Hibs to play an EPL team in a friendly. 

Well maybe not brave, but daft…

2-0 Bournemouth after 12 minutes. 

I do wonder about these daft wee towns chasing the EPL dream - I know the money in the EPL is staggering, but they lost something like £55m in the season 21/22 when they got promoted from the Championship (with <10000 crowds !).

Apparently they owe the owner something like £185m........................

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

I do wonder about these daft wee towns chasing the EPL dream - I know the money in the EPL is staggering, but they lost something like £55m in the season 21/22 when they got promoted from the Championship (with <10000 crowds !).

Didn't they recently pay 20-25m for a midfielder? staggering indeed.

Imagine the fermers casually announcing that in comparison. 🙃

15 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

Didn't they recently pay 20-25m for a midfielder? staggering indeed.

Imagine the fermers casually announcing that in comparison. 🙃

Just had a wee look at their record transfers - not a list of household names.......and some of the sums paid are incredible !

image.png.0d95b370676b44cdbfbee0ae04a88380.png

5 hours ago, bullyweehutch said:

Understand if not many know a lot but what can you tell us about McCulloch? 

Screenshot_20230713_144638_Twitter.jpg

Saw him a couple of times for the U19s in the UEFA Youth League, he came off the bench against Dortmund and that was when I noticed him most.

He played in the middle of the park and at a time where we were sitting back and taking a lot of pressure he was one of the more involved players, winning the ball back and getting stuck in.

Didn’t seem to get much of a game for Albion Rovers when he was there towards the end of the season but perhaps understandable not wanting to use a younger guy in the situation.

Hopefully he kicks on and does well, he seems like a really decent laddie.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

The sickening thing is, Hibs, Aberdeen & Hearts are all bigger clubs than Bournemouth will ever be, yet they ring up debts of eye watering proportions whilst signings players for £10m-£15m

On 13/07/2023 at 20:37, Thenorthernlight said:

The sickening thing is, Hibs, Aberdeen & Hearts are all bigger clubs than Bournemouth will ever be, yet they ring up debts of eye watering proportions whilst signings players for £10m-£15m

There was a throwaway comment one of the commentators made during the Bournemouth friendly about one of their players being currently valued at £45m. 

.Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Definitely think that up ahead that bubble could well and truly burst cos figures like that for teams like Bournemouth who play in a stadium half the size or ER/Pittodrie/Tynecastle and will will scrap to avoid relegation are just insane.

4 minutes ago, AndyM said:

Definitely think that up ahead that bubble could well and truly burst cos figures like that for teams like Bournemouth who play in a stadium half the size or ER/Pittodrie/Tynecastle and will will scrap to avoid relegation are just insane.

They finished 15th last season. Ahead of teams much, much bigger than any of the teams listed above (whatever that has to do with it).

That particular bubble has no sign of bursting anytime soon. £45m is - relatively - peanuts.

6 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

They finished 15th last season. Ahead of teams much, much bigger than any of the teams listed above (whatever that has to do with it).

That particular bubble has no sign of bursting anytime soon. £45m is - relatively - peanuts.

It probably is peanuts to the teams who operate with those sort of budgets. As for whether that bubble will ever burst or not,  time will tell.

On 13/07/2023 at 19:16, Leith Green said:

Bournemouth's historically a wee club but it's not a wee town. The town itself is about the size of Aberdeen but the built up area around it is massive and there's not many clubs nearby- Southampton and Exeter maybe an hour each way. Makes more sense pumping money in there than some faded milltown in Lancashire or somewhere in London, for example. 

24 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Apparently a young CH is coming in as well as the Fish deal. 

Theres some chat that Fish is delayed as he is still on this "man utd tour". Would be good to have him thru the door sooner rather than later, we are in competitive action in 10 days............