Newell has games like last night in his locker but has never been consistent with it over a long period of time. Probably why he’s at Hibs right enough. I do think his end to last season was very good though and he appears to have carried it forward to this season.

Given LJ plenty stick (I’d argued he’s deserved it) but he got it spot on last night. Obita for Youan was a very good sub. 

Think ALF has been the difference,  completely changed the game after coming on against St Mirren, just too little too late. Last night we looked commanding throughout his time on the pitch.

Seems to have everything in his locker, can hold it up and bring others into play, can run, can score goals, fit as a fiddle etc. 

Some of his flicks and headers last night I've rarely seen, it's like having a playmaker up front.

10 minutes ago, Chefki Kuqi said:

Think ALF has been the difference,  completely changed the game after coming on against St Mirren, just too little too late. Last night we looked commanding throughout his time on the pitch.

Seems to have everything in his locker, can hold it up and bring others into play, can run, can score goals, fit as a fiddle etc. 

Some of his flicks and headers last night I've rarely seen, it's like having a playmaker up front.

Yep, you sometimes wonder if older players are just here to pick up a last paycheck, but if his time on the pitch is managed correctly, he will be a great asset. 

Very clever player.

While he's a different sort of player, there's the same vibes as Grant Holt with ALF.

From now on, any Hibs manager who doesn't sign a veteran English forward who's a great lad to have around the dressing room will simply not get my support.

52 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

While he's a different sort of player, there's the same vibes as Grant Holt with ALF.

From now on, any Hibs manager who doesn't sign a veteran English forward who's a great lad to have around the dressing room will simply not get my support.

But can he wrassle like big Holt?! 

142006598-f49f4b31-9975-4f1c-995d-38edf2f893ef.jpg

holt-wres.jpeg

Hibs were very impressive last night. Players like Max Meyers illustrate some serious quality in the Luzern team. 

All your new signings are showing Hibs have definitely improved over the summer. Boyle coming back too helps.

I suspect you'll strengthen your defence in the remaining few weeks of the transfer window as you still look a little vulnerable at the back.

It's always good sign after a decent result when your direct rivals are claiming you've overspent, all your new signings will be found out and they hope Boyle and co get injured.

I thought Hibs played well in spells and deserved the win, but i also think they rode their luck a bit and the dreadful defending at the  third goal gave the result a sheen the performance didn't really merit.  Was amazed how openly both teams played.

Fancy Hibs to catch them a few times on the break over they but hopefully no.

Hi guys. In August last year Ross McLean - a very good friend’s brother - committed suicide in Glenrothes. Ross was reported missing on August 14 and we searched for him for 5 days, before finding him at rest in a quiet wooded area near his home. Ross’ family are understandably devastated by their loss and that they were unable to help Ross, but are determined that for others in a similar position, there is help available. 

Ross was and his family are East Fife supporters, so we will be taking part in a charity 11s game to celebrate Ross’ life at Bayview a week today, with all funds raised for the fantastic charity - Back Onside. A just giving page has already raised nearly £5,000, and we have managed to secure signed strips for a number of clubs, Hibs being one. The strip is available below, and all money raised will go to Back Onside to help those who need it. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364414723977?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=az5yphsksue&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=ec0uwzxiswu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

There is also a donations page, if you’d like to donate anything:

https://www.justgiving.com/page/matchforross

Edited by Hank Scorpio

I’ve always given managers the benefit of the doubt, I’ve advocated for them staying through rough patches (probably for too long in some cases). I think the modern knee jerk tendency to sack them is abominable.

But Lee Johnson is not a good manager. I think he needs to go. 

Reluctant to get straight back on the hate train after Thursday night which was one of the more enjoyable nights I've had at ER but deary me that was dull. Then it was dreadful. 

I still think give it the first full round of fixtures, Johnson's turned it round from awful positions before but you'd like to think we might not have to get into these awful positions to begin with and another manager might make us consistently better.